POFQ Air Conditioning Unit

latexscooter

Be nice even if it takes some effort.
Okay, this is going to sound crazy but hopefully you'll forgive my quirkiness.

We love POFQ and it is our Mod of choice and we're booked for next May. One of the things I like is they have the old school air conditioning units in the room that let off a nice hummmmmm. We have to have white noise to sleep. I read on a non Disboard forum that the rooms were updated and they no longer have those types of air conditioners. Does anyone know if this is true. I haven't stayed there since Jan. 2007 and desperately need to know if I should bring a white noise machine with me.

I don't know for certain about FQ, we stayed in Riverside in August, and our A/C was the old school style, and made noise.

I feel like the A/C unit in my room in August 2009 did give off white noise. It's not something that sticks out in my mind but DH and I are also used to sleeping with white noise.

Thanks for the confirmation that things haven't changed. :cool1:

I was more than a little concerned and wanted to make sure.

Just visited in October and yep, same air conditioners, same noise :) I appreciate the 'white noise' myself -- helps drown out Dh's snoring :lmao:

Switching to central air would be a major renovation.

That's what I thought too. And I didn't remember reading about any building closures to accomodate such a large undertaking. But then again, I thought I had better check in case I had missed something.

I hope the AC is not too loud. We have never stayed in a moderate and I like a quite night to sleep.

How loud is the AC ?

Thanks!

FYI I have not stayed at POFQ since June 2008. At that time, the rooms all had brand new A/C units. They look exactly like the old units but they are more efficient. Management has the ability to shut down the units in empty rooms from a central location. The other change is that the fan cycles off and on so it will not run continuously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter