Podcast request

justjeepin

Earning My Ears
I love the show but have noticed that the podcasts are not showing up in the correct order, so I have to go to the website and see what order they should be played in.

A simple fix would be to title the podcasts and files 07/19/12a, 07/19/12b, etc. Then the podcasts should be listed in the proper order.

FYI - I've requested this via email but have never gotten a response either way. Maybe if this bothers others, they can also chime in.

I think that depends on what you consider to be the proper order. For example hen I see them loading in a reverse order in iTunes with the news/ rapid fire show at the bottom of the list, I like it better that was as when I listen to it on my iPod it plays as one continues show and I don't have to cue up the next show.

I mean proper order as the order that they were recorded as per the podcast web page with the news/rapid fire first.

Here's an example from the web site:
July 19, 2012 - Disneyland Shows
In this week's Disneyland show, Tony talks about visiting all six Parks in one day and Wayne makes waves on another classic Disneyland attraction, plus news and roundtable rapid fire.

News, Housekeeping, Rapidfire
Six Parks!
Making Waves

I mean proper order as the order that they were recorded as per the podcast web page with the news/rapid fire first.

Here's an example from the web site:
July 19, 2012 - Disneyland Shows
In this week's Disneyland show, Tony talks about visiting all six Parks in one day and Wayne makes waves on another classic Disneyland attraction, plus news and roundtable rapid fire.

Six Parks!
Making Waves

That's the way it showed up in my iTunes podcast page. When I listen to it i prefer the order to be:
Making waves
Six Parks

That way when I play them in my iPod it will play them in the order you have with out me having to select the next show.

In response to your subject, the actual files are almost always numbered accordingly. Using the ones you mentioned as an example, the DL News subject was roundtable495-071912-dl.mp3, the Six Parks was roundtable496-071912-dl.mp3, and Making Waves was roundtable497-071912-dl.mp3.

While it's different from what you are talking about, I have noticed a bunch showing up in my podcast player (BeyondPod - Android) as unread or out of order.

If you look at the RSS (http://disunplugged.libsyn.com/rss), you can see that around April it starts getting strange and jumping between April and February and March and January.

That's the way it showed up in my iTunes podcast page. When I listen to it i prefer the order to be:
Making waves
Six Parks

That way when I play them in my iPod it will play them in the order you have with out me having to select the next show.

The out of order thing bothers me too. If I download from iTunes on my iPhone News, Housekeeping Rapidfire will play last, when it should be first.

Just to clarify, Are you saying that you prefer to hear News, Housekeeping, Rapidfire last?

I like to listen in the order they were recorded because sometimes a particular subject might be mentioned on the 'first' recorded show and then be referred to again on a later segment, if I hear the later one first......so hard to explain, I'm just OCD that way....:rotfl: Things must be in order! :lmao:

I download straight to my iPhone then just add the segments to a DIS playlist in the order I want them in :)

:goodvibes

The out of order thing bothers me too. If I download from iTunes on my iPhone News, Housekeeping Rapidfire will play last, when it should be first.

Just to clarify, Are you saying that you prefer to hear News, Housekeeping, Rapidfire last?

I like to listen in the order they were recorded because sometimes a particular subject might be mentioned on the 'first' recorded show and then be referred to again on a later segment, if I hear the later one first......so hard to explain, I'm just OCD that way....:rotfl: Things must be in order! :lmao:

No what I was saying is that when it appears in that order in iTunes on my computer when I got to listen to it on my iPod it`s reversed so I select the new show first and just let the others play from there. If it shows up the other way I have to change songs to listen in order.

Okay, so here's what happens. The files that are attached to the DIS Unplugged home page are displayed in the order that they are recorded. We put them in that order because it makes sense to do so. As mentioned before, the actual file names follow a strict numerical naming system. The files that show up in the "listen now" player and on iTunes are displayed in the order in which they are uploaded. I upload the last show first because the most recent will automatically download on iTunes if you are a subscriber. Sorry if this is creating issues in your iTunes organization. If you need to know the recommended order to listen to the different segments just check the DIS Unplugged home page. Sorry for any inconvenience but I hope this helps.

~ Dustin

Basically we can just blame Apple for their nonsensical ways of doing things and not allowing any customization! Success!

I figured it out (at least on my end), my podcast client is showing the podcasts in order of how they were published.

Here's the order that they are appearing and the published times:

Jim Urry - 12:12am
Anniversary - 12:15am
News - 12:17am

So ideally they need to be published in the order that they are recorded. This is probably everyone's problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter