• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast Popping Up in Your Life

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
So, last year, while reorganizing my local teachers' association's agenda format, I decided to include a "Rapid Fire" segment with quick news blasts during each meeting. Of course, it was inspired by the DIS Unplugged. Then, during class on Friday, I suddenly came up with a high energy tweak on a game for my students and without blinking an eye called it Rapid Fire. Maybe the crew should copyright the phrase?

How has the podcast popped up in your life?

I was at the store with my sister and gave her a coupon for something, she said she didn't think she could use it on that item and was struggling to read the fine print...I said "Just go up and ask...they can't hit ya."

Phrases from the Podcasts pop up all over the place in my everyday life. Most of the time, something reminds me of a podcast, I burst out laughing and can't even explain why I'm laughing to those around me. They wouldn't understand, and they think I'm nuts anyway. :lmao:

It's always good when the Podcasts pop into my head during a work day - something to make me smile when there's not much else to smile about. :)

It seems that Tutu's are all the rage in little girls apparel right now. DD has about 6 now So do we call them "two two's" nope there "tutis". Also g'head is used often and I have described someone as a shim .

Although I had heard the term "rapid fire" many times before the DIS podcast, I had never heard the expression, "They can't hit you."

I LOVE "They can't hit you." :lmao::lmao:

I've never said it, but I think I might start.

The podcast phrase that has most deeply wormed its way into our life is "Come get your rocket bar you fat cow." My BFF and I laughed so hard at that episode and now its worked its way into our jargon. :) I can't pass a Mister Softy without thinking about it.

"Good times..." Pops up in conversation between my sister and I all the time, it's an inside joke between us as we are the only two in our family who listen to the podcast. Another Teresaism that is used frequently by me is "what the crap." Pete's closing quote is also a favorite of mine, I love to use it as my closing in emails to family and friends, "and remember stay out of the damn lakes." So so many.

"Good times..." Pops up in conversation between my sister and I all the time

I was just going to say this. Just the other day FH said this and I chuckled. He doesn't listen to it, so I had to explain it.

This is not an -ism, but like Teresa, I cry at nothing. I cried at least 4 times this weekend. 2 times for no reason while holding my 3 month old cousin and 2 times yesterday while watching FH and SIL set the table for Mother's Day.

I've used "they can't hit ya" a number of times.

The podcast phrase that has most deeply wormed its way into our life is "Come get your rocket bar you fat cow." My BFF and I laughed so hard at that episode and now its worked its way into our jargon. :) I can't pass a Mister Softy without thinking about it.

Ok that's is Hilarious!!! I may just have to find a way to use that phrase!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Though only podcast related, whenever I our my BFF "rant" about something, the other of us will be like "Thanks, Pete." :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter