Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

Has parking at the port been discussed?

There's a place that supports veterans, registered with BBB, a bit away from the port. Lots of Honor is the name. Has anyone used it? They say they have 2 shuttles and are getting 3 more. DH is talking to them.

Last edited:

I am always lurking on these boards, but rarely post. However, I did want to announce that I will be on this cruise along with my lovely wife!

Anyone else from North Carolina going on this cruise?
Welcome to you and your wife !! I'm not from NC but close by in Virginia.

Attention solo travellers: Would anyone be interested in a solo traveller meetup at the beginning of the cruise? Note: this is not a single travellers' meetup. It's all about travelling solo, which I do fairly often. I've written a series of blogs for The DIS about solo travel; here is the introduction. There's a two-parter coming up about travelling solo on PCC 5.0. During that cruise, it occurred to me that I should have made a point of meeting other solo travellers, especially when on the excursions. It's not only nice to know someone else, but also safer, too. (There was a minor incident where knowing someone else in the group would have helped.) Let's discuss...yes or no, when, and where.

Attention solo travellers: Would anyone be interested in a solo traveller meetup at the beginning of the cruise? Note: this is not a single travellers' meetup. It's all about travelling solo, which I do fairly often. I've written a series of blogs for The DIS about solo travel; here is the introduction. There's a two-parter coming up about travelling solo on PCC 5.0. During that cruise, it occurred to me that I should have made a point of meeting other solo travellers, especially when on the excursions. It's not only nice to know someone else, but also safer, too. (There was a minor incident where knowing someone else in the group would have helped.) Let's discuss...yes or no, when, and where.
I would love to have a solo meetup. Im not planning on getting off the ship this week except in Haiti so won't be doing any excursions. Let me know what day works well for everyone.

I would love to have a solo meetup. Im not planning on getting off the ship this week except in Haiti so won't be doing any excursions. Let me know what day works well for everyone.
Great to hear that, sarahgirl. I'll probably post this in the Solo Travellers' forum, too.

Our family of three will be arriving at the port the night before the cruise departs. We are looking for suggestions as to where to stay that evening. I see there are a variety of hotel packages that include transportation to and from the airport as well as a shuttle to the port. We found a package at the Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach that has mixed reviews but a decent price. Has anyone had any experience with these fly, snooze and cruise type packages and have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Our family of three will be arriving at the port the night before the cruise departs. We are looking for suggestions as to where to stay that evening. I see there are a variety of hotel packages that include transportation to and from the airport as well as a shuttle to the port. We found a package at the Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach that has mixed reviews but a decent price. Has anyone had any experience with these fly, snooze and cruise type packages and have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

We've stayed at the Country Inns & Suites prior to a Disney cruise and have booked a room there again for this cruise. We found it to be a good value and their shuttle service to an from the port was great.
You can sign up for the shuttle 24 hours ahead of time. You meet out in front with your luggage to meet the shuttle van. What is especially nice, is that they have a U-Haul style trailer they pull with the shuttle van. Luggage in the trailer - people in the shuttle. They load and unload the bags for you (tips accepted of course).

They have the standard breakfast buffet included with your room. Nothing special, but a Danish takes the edge off before getting on board the ship.

We'll be flying in on Saturday and renting a car to drive over to the Cape area. There is a Publix close by for picking up last minute essentials and wine.
There are a lot of restaurants in the area and several near the port where you can watch the ships.

We found it cheaper to rent the car for the entire week and park it at the hotel than to do two separate rentals of 1-2 days each

Last edited:
We've stayed at the Comfort Inns & Suites prior to a Disney cruise and have booked a room there again for this cruise. We found it to be a good value and their shuttle service to an from the port was great.
You can sign up for the shuttle 24 hours ahead of time. You meet out in front with your luggage to meet the shuttle van. What is especially nice, is that they have a U-Haul style trailer they pull with the shuttle van. Luggage in the trailer - people in the shuttle. They load and unload the bags for you (tips accepted of course).

They have the standard breakfast buffet included with your room. Nothing special, but a Danish takes the edge off before getting on board the ship.

We'll be flying in on Saturday and renting a car to drive over to the Cape area. There is a Publix close by for picking up last minute essentials and wine.
There are a lot of restaurants in the area and several near the port where you can watch the ships.

We found it cheaper to rent the car for the entire week and park it at the hotel than to do two separate rentals of 1-2 days each

Thanks for the info on the Comfort Inn. Originally we planned on staying there with a package that includes transportation to and from the airport. However, I did a little more digging yesterday and found a great package at the Hyatt Place Orlando Airport. This is NOT the hotel right in the airport but a short free shuttle ride away. For $239 it includes an overnight stay as well as transportation for up to 4 people to/from Port Canaveral in the morning. If you have 2 people the package is $199. They also have a free hotel shuttle to visit local stores to pick up supplies (i.e. wine for the wife!). I read reviews on Google, TripAdvisor and Yelp and the vast majority of them were very positive. Since we are getting in at 7PM the night before, we figured staying closer to the airport would be more convenient since we can get to bed earlier and be rested in the morning. I also like that I don't need to worry about picking up a rental car and dropping it off. I'm going to keep my eyes open for other packages and ideas but as of now this looks like a good deal. I'm still curious to hear what other people are planning on doing. Thanks again!

We're driving in Saturday and I've booked at the County Inn and suites. Price for 4 adults (large 1 bedroom suite) was very reasonable and they provide breakfast the morning of and a shuttle ride to and from the port....and will allow the car to stay there for the week at no charge.

We're driving in Saturday and I've booked at the County Inn and suites. Price for 4 adults (large 1 bedroom suite) was very reasonable and they provide breakfast the morning of and a shuttle ride to and from the port....and will allow the car to stay there for the week at no charge.
I have to look into that. We'll be driving down most likely though we haven't figured that out yet. If we do drive, the hotel would be a great option if it includes parking for the week.

I have to look into that. We'll be driving down most likely though we haven't figured that out yet. If we do drive, the hotel would be a great option if it includes parking for the week.

That's what I thought. The kids were planning to drive all night and arrive Sunday morning...which would mean we would all be tired at the start of the cruise....this way, we get a good nights sleep so when we get onboard we will be ready to go. If you do book that, we just might see you on the shuttle ride to the port!!

IMG_4250 (2).JPG

If anyone is planning on taking their allotted 2 bottles of wine on board ( 750ml ), I found this at JoAnn's yesterday.

It's one of their value specials. The wine tote is insulated, holds two bottles of wine, has a side pocket (cell phone size), has a drawstring mesh side pocket (water-soda bottle size) and a front zippered pouch (think Kindle size)

You get a free accessory with it. Either a ceramic bottle stopper (life ring) or the 3 in 1 opener. I got the opener.

Total was only $12.99 + tax

IMG_4251 (2).JPG

The second picture is of light-up gel clings. I thought they'd make great mini nightlights for the bathroom. Just put them on the mirror and press on them to activate the battery - in the morning just turn them off and take them down.

They were on sale for $1.59 ea + tax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter