C2 GTY - Larry and Felix
C2 GTY - dina444444 - Dina
C2 GTY - Sarahgirl- Sarah
C2 GTY - Suecot-Sue & Lisa
C2 GTY - Girliea April and Pete

We are in
Deck 10 Rm 10303
wdisneynut. Bob & Julie

I have been doing research and talking non-stop about this cruise since I filled out the form. My DH has told me I need to stop and "pace myself" WHAT! I can't too excited. Glad to be among friends that understand!!:flower1:

I'm right there with you.....I keep telling myself to stay off of the RCCL website, but I wind up checking it anyway.....it's going to be a long year and a half. When we heard Pete announce the cruise at the Richmond DIS meet, my daughter and I couldn't stop talking about it....now she's like...Mom, it's not until next year...then I mentioned that I booked us on My time dining, then she pings in.....Why did you do that? I like eating at the same time and with the same people...Jezzzzzz

AARGGH!! But I want to chat!!!:sad2:

Laurie[/QUOTE]

Maybe some time in the future, they will open up another time to chat about PCC 6.0

Who is doing set-time dining? I'm thinking that it might be easier, with Cedric, to switch to set-time.

We are doing set-time, dining room dining. We have tried My Time Dining on a couple other cruises and have decided that we like having the same table & wait staff for the whole cruise. We don't like to pay extra for meals, either.

Who is doing set-time dining? I'm thinking that it might be easier, with Cedric, to switch to set-time.

I think I'll be switching back to a set time....my daughter prefers that

You can not compare dining on the Oasis to dining on any Disney ship.

I have been on many Oasis and Allure sailings and have never...not once....dined in the main dining room.

There are just too many other options and there is always food available.

The Windjammer Buffet is open each night and almost always serves the same food on the dining room menus. Eat when you are hungry!

Some of the options are an additional cost.

One of our favorites is Vintages in Central Park. This is a wine bar (and I don't drink) that serves a la carte tapas plates. For $10, you can have an amazing meal.

There is also a Johnny Rockets in the Boardwalk area. Burgers and milkshakes while sitting outside at sea and watching the people....AWESOME!

The promenade offers the pizza restaurant and the Promenade Cafe. The PC serves 24 hours a day. You will find that if you take a seat....everyone you know will walk by. It's really the meeting place on the ship....and it and the pizza are complimentary

And we can't forget the Park Cafe. They serve breakfast and lunch. The roast beef sandwiches are the stuff of legend and their lunch time salad bar can not be beat.

There is even a full Starbucks in the Promenade. This is not to start a Starbucks debate...love it / hate it....whatever. It's there. There is also complimentary Seattle's Best coffee 24/7 at the Promenade Cafe

And there is always complimentary room service.

I guess my point is that there is no need to stress and worry about food. There are enough options to make this a non-issue.

Great information !!! Thanks Kevin.

If you choose traditional dining (with fixed times), be sure to let your tablemates and servers know if you won't be there on a given night. I like not having to notify servers and tablemates with My Time Dining.

If you choose traditional dining (with fixed times), be sure to let your tablemates and servers know if you won't be there on a given night.
I've cruised several times with fixed dining and have never heard anyone mention this. Logistically, how would you go about doing this?

Apparently, this is a "thing" on the Oasis...

2011%25252010%25252017%252520Oasis%252520of%252520the%252520Sea%252520Cruise%252520Kristie%252527s%252520Birthday%252520Door%252520Decorations%2525281%252529_thumb%25255B3%25255D.jpg
RC-door-700x1024.jpg

If you choose traditional dining (with fixed times), be sure to let your tablemates and servers know if you won't be there on a given night.

I've cruised several times with fixed dining and have never heard anyone mention this. Logistically, how would you go about doing this?

This is a good tip. When part of a table doesn't show up for dining, the rest of the table (and the servers) are left waiting to see if they show up. Knowing they are not coming just makes dinner smoother and quicker for the rest. If you know at dinner that you won't be there the next (or any subsequent) night, you can tell your servers and table mates then. Or you can call dining services and tell them that "Room XXXX will not be at dinner tonight", and the message will go to the dining room manager and your serving team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter