• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

Updating travelers in cabin 2105 - Malia78 (Karilynn), mom replaced with friend Shannon and her daughter Rhiannon (11 yrs)

Can anyone tell me where I can go to find some photos to use on our door on the cruise? I know there were some out there for the Podcast 3 cruise but I lost tract of where they were. Also, will the Podcast Crew come up with some for us before we sale? I know, I know, I'm a bit early but just wondering.

It's official! After some worrisome news about layoffs at my friend's work, I booked while on the Dream last week. We'll be in 7626. Sally (SamIam929) and my friend, Shari, who's got a year to prepare for me in full-tilt Disney mode!!:cool1:

Can anyone tell me where I can go to find some photos to use on our door on the cruise? I know there were some out there for the Podcast 3 cruise but I lost tract of where they were. Also, will the Podcast Crew come up with some for us before we sale? I know, I know, I'm a bit early but just wondering.

Photos of what? Are you looking for a logo?

Photos of what? Are you looking for a logo?

If you're looking for things to make into magnets, the Creative DISigns forum is a good place to start.

When we went on Podcast 3.0 someone gave directions explaining exactly how to do this. I know it included boxes etc. I have been searching the threads for Podcast 3.0 and can't find it. Does anyone still have it or know where I can find it?

To add text to a photo, I use a program called "The Print Shop."

The "boxes" you are probably referring to are "text boxes"- which you can also do in Word, but I find it much more cumbersome in Word.

Basically you insert your photo into your document, make it the size you want. Then you add a "text box" and move it to where you want it on the photo. Type you word in, using the font size and style you like. Make sure to make the background of the text box clear (or none) so that the photo shows through and you don;t have a big white square on your picture.

As I said, I find The Print Shop to be much easier to manage and create in than Word. You can find it online and download it to your computer. It's about $30.
I use it for so many projects, including my yearly Christmas newsletters, gifts, return address labels, storage box labels (we just moved), all of my cruise magnets and other door decor, and so much more.

To add text to a photo, I use a program called "The Print Shop."

The "boxes" you are probably referring to are "text boxes"- which you can also do in Word, but I find it much more cumbersome in Word.

Basically you insert your photo into your document, make it the size you want. Then you add a "text box" and move it to where you want it on the photo. Type you word in, using the font size and style you like. Make sure to make the background of the text box clear (or none) so that the photo shows through and you don;t have a big white square on your picture.

As I said, I find The Print Shop to be much easier to manage and create in than Word. You can find it online and download it to your computer. It's about $30.
I use it for so many projects, including my yearly Christmas newsletters, gifts, return address labels, storage box labels (we just moved), all of my cruise magnets and other door decor, and so much more.

I do basically the same thing, but I use PowerPoint. It's easier than Word and gives me an idea of the size I will use on a magnetic sheet.

May have booked too soon, and possibly will cancel reservation. Will update if so.

Anne and I have joined you on deck 7 cabin 7120.

Does this mean the property values will be going down when they let us in?

Count us in! 5520 (a secret porthole cabin!!!!)

--Hillary, Pete, Adam (who will be 14) and Matthew (who will be 12)

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone!! My mom and I (Kim and Mary Ann) will be in 7134. Very excited for our first DIS cruise and only our 2nd ever!

Hello! This will be my first Podcast cruise, but I have cruised with Disney twice before. Once with a friend and once with my Parents (who will becoming along on this trip too!). We all enjoyed it. In fact my Father has added it to hid Bucket List to sail on all 4 of Disney's ships. We have sailed on the Wonder only to date. This cruise we will cross of the Magic.

Look forward to cruisin' with you!

Lisa

We ended up having a change of plans and decided to not partake in this year's cruise. You can remove us from the list, but have fun!

Hi All
Just wanted to say I am really looking forward to this cruise. It will be our first podcast cruise
We are in cabin 7067.(David & Sarah)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter