Podcast Cruise 2.0 Thread FIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all...been awhile since I checked in here. I'm burying myself in the Dis tonight to get my mind off things. This morning we lost our 10 year old rottie :sad2: I thought i'd be going to the vet to bring her home today after her being there a couple days, only to have him call and give me the bad news. Very sad day in our home.
On another note, I think I need to contact John. My husband might not be able to go on the cruise :scared1: At this point, the only other person that could take his place would be my 11 yr old daughter. I just need to find out if there are penalties at this point for making changes and if switching them out is even possible. Anyone know anything about this situation?
I was really looking forward to our first adults on vacation lol

So Sorry about your Dog.

Hopefully all with the cruise will work out. A mother/daughter cruise will be special too!

Question....How is everyone getting alcohol on the ship? Can you carry it on or does it have to be in your luggage?

:hug: Sorry to hear about your bad news. I hope you are able to sort out who can go, I would contact John or Kevin - they reply so quickly! Hope it all works out :hug:

Thanks Becx...I just sent Kevin an email for some info

So sorry to hear about your pup - dogs are such special family members. :grouphug: Good luck on getting your cruiser situation worked out - looking fwd to meeting you! pixiedust:

cheers,
:flower3:

Thanks....I can't believe the cruise is SO close! I can't wait to meet everyone!!

Soooooo sorry to hear about your rottie. I'm a huge dog person so this really made me sad. Hugs to you and the family..:hug:

As for the cruise...definiteyl call DU now to see what you can do. Good luck!

I so need to buy ours. I'm such a slacker. Get paid tomorrow so I guess I'll do it then. Someone stay on me!

Thanks so much...
I also need to buy our tickets for MVMCP, i'm such a procrastinator :rolleyes1

So Sorry about your Dog.

Hopefully all with the cruise will work out. A mother/daughter cruise will be special too!

THank you...of course I mentioned it to my daughter last night and she was all for taking her dads spot lol I really hate for her to miss a week of school though.

Question....How is everyone getting alcohol on the ship? Can you carry it on or does it have to be in your luggage?

I ordered a soft sided cooler from Disneyshopping.com. It's the perfect size for us. I've heard it has to be carried on and has to be in some sort of a bag/cooler that will fit through the scanner.

I ordered a soft sided cooler from Disneyshopping.com. It's the perfect size for us. I've heard it has to be carried on and has to be in some sort of a bag/cooler that will fit through the scanner.

It has to be in your carry on. I bought that soft sided cooler for the cruise last year, specifically with this in mind. I'm not sure if I will bring it this year or not. It takes up valuable luggage space for the flight to and from.

Okay...So it must be carried on the ship in a cooler or some sort of luggage. Sounds like a plan.

Good morning, folks!

I have been really falling off the morning exercise routine. This morning I finally got up in time to do a good Wii Fit workout.

My glass fusing class was taking up all of Saturday and two weekday evenings, so I lost time at the gym. Glass class is over, I am going to go back to be an evening gym rat.

Six weeks left to get in the best shape I can manage! :thumbsup2

I have a glass fusing business, but am slowing down after 5 years. Do you like the class? It is a lot of fun! I took classes for a few years before I bought my kiln, hope you enjoy it. :thumbsup2 I usually sell at art shows in the summer on weekends, but tonight I am doing my first in home show at my cousins house, hope it goes well.

We've always done both...carry on and pack in plastic shoe boxes. Boy that sounds like we drink a lot doesn't it. :rotfl: Sooo to clarify...we pack stuff like Crown or Baileys but DH likes Miller Lite so instead of packing that we carry that on. :goodvibes His beer would be too heavy to pack so I make him carry it on.

Soft sided cooler and no ice. Remember the behemoth I was lugging around at lunch in Parrot Cay on 1.0 Aaron? That thing was larger than the DCL allowable dimensions and it fit through the scanner.

I'll take a photo of it and post dimensions soon.

I just talked to Kevin, today is actually the last day to make changes without penalty. After today it's a $50 fee. Of course my husband is in OSHA training! UGH Hopefully he'll get a break soon and be able to call me.
Thanks for the prompt call Kevin, I really appreciate it!:thumbsup2

I have a glass fusing business, but am slowing down after 5 years. Do you like the class? It is a lot of fun! I took classes for a few years before I bought my kiln, hope you enjoy it. :thumbsup2 I usually sell at art shows in the summer on weekends, but tonight I am doing my first in home show at my cousins house, hope it goes well.

I love glass!
I could watch glassblowers forever and would love to try it someday. They are really starting with nothing (sand) and making something.

I took a week long class in glass torchwork five years ago. Mostly beads. I am glad I did it before I realized that "beading" had become an popular hobby and beads could be purchased very inexpensively. I loved the process and the different techniques.

Four years ago I took a one day workshop in fused glass jewellery and added on a two more days in the studio.

In this five week class I learned more techniques, but mostly I made small pendants. While in the class, I could use the studio, all the equipment and get anything fired. This is the last week. It was so much fun! I live in a small apartment, so no kiln me. The studio and firings are availabe for $35 a month. I just need a break now. But, I will be back!

I even attempted a fused Mickey head!

Besides brewing [yes, we're bringing some for sampling:cutie:], DH does metal-work- casting and jewelry. I used to do sewing and weaving [hard to do when one hand can't do fine motor stuff anymore-can use machine-but can't sew a button or a hem.].

No glass-work. But it does sound like fun.:goodvibes

If you enjoy glass art, I highly recommend visiting the Morse Museum in Winter Park. It's only about an hour from Disney. They have rescued and restored the stained glass works--windows, panels, lamps--of Louis Tiffany. It's all beautifully and lovingly displayed and has a Disney-like backstory about how they rescued the stuff, hauled it down to Florida and restored it. (And it's only $4 to get in!!)

If you enjoy glass art, I highly recommend visiting the Morse Museum in Winter Park. It's only about an hour from Disney. They have rescued and restored the stained glass works--windows, panels, lamps--of Louis Tiffany. It's all beautifully and lovingly displayed and has a Disney-like backstory about how they rescued the stuff, hauled it down to Florida and restored it. (And it's only $4 to get in!!)

Sounds like a good place to visit.
Sometime I will plan a non-Disney Florida trip. There is so much to do that is not Disney. I think I will plan it for February, when I really need to get out of the Maine winter!

Good morning everyone, I'm thankful it's Friday as I am exhausted this week - not sure why but each morning it's been harder and harder to get up :faint:

In 6 weeks time we'll be there (we'll hopefully be asleep but we'll be there) :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We've got a nice easy weekend too so I can get on with a bit of packing and go over the plans. And we get an extra hour in bed :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Mornn all - hope everyone has a great Friday. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of my niece sometime this weekend. She is taking her sweet time making her big arrival. I can't wait til she is old enough for Aunt Kathy to take her to the parks. My brother already says I can take her. :banana:

I have the perfect birthday present for her - trip to WDW for MNSSHP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter