Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the welcome wishes! Wife (she's lurking around here somewhere...), daughter and I are very much looking forward to the Cruise, but December, 2010 seems so far away! I guess the next almost year and a half gives us some time to 'meet' folks here!

Thanks for all the welcome wishes! Wife (she's lurking around here somewhere...), daughter and I are very much looking forward to the Cruise, but December, 2010 seems so far away! I guess the next almost year and a half gives us some time to 'meet' folks here!

It will be here before you know it!! Promise! And yes, it does present a perfect opportunity to get acquainted.

I suggest you have them double check the electrical wiring system, especially the inside and outside lighting (brake lights too) and any wiring that runs under the SUV. Those kind of problems if caused by water, tend to crop up later, I'm not sure why.

I bought DS a used '98 pickup that had leaky window seals. I am convinced the water from that (or some other water damage) caused the problems with the lighting system. It wasn't a lot to fix but it wasn't cheap, either.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will follow up on that.

MY BIRTHDAY IS MONDAY I CAN'T WAIT I'll be 24!

we are celebrating tomorrow by going to the beach!:goodvibes

Morning Folks. Anybody doing anything good today?

I've got a 8:42 T Time, followed by some relaxation at home. :thumbsup2

Morning Folks. Anybody doing anything good today?

I've got a 8:42 T Time, followed by some relaxation at home. :thumbsup2

Not much here...came into work for a little while. Might go shopping later..we have a tax free weekend for back to school...be a good time to pick up some new clothes and not have to pay the tax. Going to try and talk my girls into going into the pool later on...weather is going to be a perfect day for it....(they want to go to a movie)...go figure

I am stuck at work today. The intern is still alive after 3 hours. Hopefully, I will not strangle her by the end of the weekend.

Tracey - I was just catching up with the boards and read about your car...you poor thing!
Hope everything gets worked out soon.

Tracey - I was just catching up with the boards and read about your car...you poor thing!
Hope everything gets worked out soon.

Thanks Sharon. Apparently I am in catch 22 with the Insurance Company and Indiana's law in regards to Flooded Cars.

My car meets the Definition of a Flood Car as water entered the Passenger Compartment, but there is a clause that If an Insurance Adjuster deems the car has no electrical, computerized, or mechanical components that were damaged by water; or has one (1) or more electrical, computerized, or mechanical components that were damaged by water and all such damaged components have been repaired or replaced, then they can say it is not Flood Car.

Morning all! It's a miserable, rainy morning here in South Jersey. Now.... what to do with the kids and dog that are bouncing off the walls??? Maybe I can construct a rubber room for them?? :rolleyes1

Hi all
Trying to get caught up is becoming a regular thing for me. At least this isn't moving too quickly. Summer is just really busy. I had to work overtime this weekend, and after this I simly won't have time for that. :thumbsup2

Yes, they do read and check out books. Manga is very popular. And vampires.

They also want to be on the computers for what seems like forever. I am not sure exactly what they are doing, we do not monitor their games and computer activity.

They can get a little close physically - play fighting or lovey-dovey.

They can be annoying in that they can be very demanding of our attention. That could say something about their home lives and we are glad they find refuge in the library.

I just want to tell them to go out side, be active, get some sunshine. Actually, sometimes I do tell them to go outside and run around the monument ten times. And they do!

In truth, they come to the library because the staff make them feel welcome. And that is exactly what we want.

I am thrilled when a teenagers comes back years later as a grown up just to say "Hi!". We do make a difference in their lives.

My Mom worked in the kid's section of the library in the small town where I grew up. About 10 years ago, we hired a new girl at work who looked familiar. She was from that small town. We got talking, and she remembered my Mom from the library. I love that since it had been about 20 years since my family had moved away from that small town.

Tracey - I hope it all works out for you with the insurance. UGH.

:welcome:

to our new cruisers!

Good morning everyone! Trying to get back to a sense of normalcy this week.

Buyer beware in Indiana - there is a loop hole in the Flooded Vehicle law that allows an insurance company to declare a car that meets the state's criteria of a Flood Car as "Not" Flooded and it will never be branded as such on the Title.

Happy Monday folks :wave2:

Bad thunderstorms yesterday morning took out power for some in our county...we felt lucky to escape it until we had the mother of all thunderstorms last nite which took out our power at about 10pm. :sad2: DH went down to the basement to check on the sump pump and we bailed water til 2:30am :eek: :faint:

Make it a great week all! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

Morning all. I am spending the next 4 or 5 hours with my FIL as he gets chemo. He is looking forward to our cruise in November. I don't have the heart to tell him his Dr. will almost certainly not let him go.

The intern I was on with all weekend managed to survive only because we had the slowest Sunday ever. She had two cases to manage (6-8 is average) and was in way over her head. I don't think she'll last, but at least I don't have to be the bad guy now.

Have a great day.

Morning all. I am spending the next 4 or 5 hours with my FIL as he gets chemo. He is looking forward to our cruise in November. I don't have the heart to tell him his Dr. will almost certainly not let him go.

The intern I was on with all weekend managed to survive only because we had the slowest Sunday ever. She had two cases to manage (6-8 is average) and was in way over her head. I don't think she'll last, but at least I don't have to be the bad guy now.

Have a great day.

MY BIRTHDAY IS MONDAY I CAN'T WAIT I'll be 24!

we are celebrating tomorrow by going to the beach!:goodvibes

Happy Birthday party: :bday: party: Hope you are having a good day!

I am stuck at work today. The intern is still alive after 3 hours. Hopefully, I will not strangle her by the end of the weekend.

:hug:

Thanks Sharon. Apparently I am in catch 22 with the Insurance Company and Indiana's law in regards to Flooded Cars.

My car meets the Definition of a Flood Car as water entered the Passenger Compartment, but there is a clause that If an Insurance Adjuster deems the car has no electrical, computerized, or mechanical components that were damaged by water; or has one (1) or more electrical, computerized, or mechanical components that were damaged by water and all such damaged components have been repaired or replaced, then they can say it is not Flood Car.

:sad2: Who thinks up these stupid clauses :scared: So what does it mean - they will only fix the car and not replace it? I can't believe a flood is not a flood :confused3

Happy Monday folks :wave2:

Bad thunderstorms yesterday morning took out power for some in our county...we felt lucky to escape it until we had the mother of all thunderstorms last nite which took out our power at about 10pm. :sad2: DH went down to the basement to check on the sump pump and we bailed water til 2:30am :eek: :faint:

Make it a great week all! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

:hug: That must have been awful - I hope you didn't have too much damage? So has the water driven out the critters you guys had?

Have a great day.

:hug: :hug: For your family esp your FIL.

Glad you didn't kill the intern :rolleyes:

:sad2: Who thinks up these stupid clauses :scared: So what does it mean - they will only fix the car and not replace it? I can't believe a flood is not a flood :confused3

Unfortunately, the law gives them the choice to Total the Car by Branding it Flooded or they can say that it is fixable and repair it. Everyone I have talked to says it should be Totaled as a Flood car, but it is ultimately the Insurance Company's call and with the loop hole in the law they can do what they want to.
With the Insurance company fixing the flood damage, there will be no recorded record of the car being flooded for future buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter