Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracey - sorry to hear about your car. I thought about you when I heard U of L was closed. The meteorologists totally missed the weather today. When I left for work at 7 am, they all said we would not see any major rain if any til later tonight around 5 or 6 pm. On my way to work, it started looking like 7 pm instead of 7 am. We got clobbered with rain.

I was dodging trashcans around the office all day today. Even found someone's underwear laying out to dry in the womens' bathroom along with their pants but no one was in the bathroom -:scared1:. It was there all day. We spent part of the day trying to figure out who was not wearing any .:laughing:. Made for an interesting afternoon....

Tracey, sooo sorry to hear about your new car! I hope it all works out for you!

Been a busy couple of days around here, went to a children's museum on Saturday with my mom and Aaron and on Sunday went to a really cute wedding shower of Jason's brother and his finance. Really busy lately at work, it looks like I am going to have to work this weekend, but at least that is extra money that can go towards the cruise!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

I like it! Is it a santa fe?
I might be looking for a new car as well- my van is making a scary noise, DH said if its the trasmission..... we will see.

:hug::hug: Jaime

Thanks Nicole :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts, prayers and pixie dust yesterday. It was a very long day but Bill came through the surgery feeling 500% better. Haven't talked to him this morning, but hopefully we are on our way to a speedy recovery.

Yes it is a Santa Fe, it's the best bang for your buck on the market right now.
Sorry to hear about your purse, that sucks. On the upside at least you got a new phone out of the deal.

Tracy I am so glad to hear Bill came through the surgery nicely.
I thought about you two all weekend wondering.

Thankyou :hug: it was a bit weird to drive as the pedal felt smoother - if you've ever driven a manual car you have to raise the clutch pedal to the biting point before you accelerate it's much higher now and I'm hoping I won't stall it :rolleyes:
I know the feeling. All the cars/trucks I have ever owned have been manual. Actually I just had a new clutch put in my truck about 6 months ago. I could not get it in gear anymore. :sad2: It was amazing the difference. It felt like it did when I first bought it. I had to learn where the release was all over again. :rotfl:

Becky sorry to hear about the car repairs! :hug:
I am so glad I won't need to worry too much about that for a while.

Tracy, that just sucks, getting a new car to have that happen.
My heart goes out too you! :hug::hug:

Good Morning All!, Mourning my Car today:( :sad1: Two days was not enough time to enjoy the new car.

I posted these out on the main Podcast board on the Thread I started on the Flooding that occurred here yesterday.

Here are pictures of my Car under water. I am waiting for the Insurance Adjuster to call and tell me what the next step will be. I did go and look at the car last night after the water receded, and based on the water line marks there may have been as much as 1 ft of water in the interior of the car. :sad1:

The flooding rain hit between 8 am and 9:30 am, dropping over 6" in that time period. These photos were taken at 1:30 pm, at this time the water had receded less than 1 ft. this picture is taken from the Overpass overlooking the flooded parking lots and area streets.

CarSmall1.jpg

CarSmall2.jpg

My car is the Green SUV in the pictures.

Tracey: As I was looking through all the posts I missed the last couple of days I was gettting new car envy. Now I am just sad. I think they would have to peel me off the floor if that was my brand new car underwater. Good luck with the adjuster.

Coming back from vaction stinks. I had 732 e-mails to read yesterday, plus I did check it twice while on vacation. I am not sure what is going to happen we we head to Europe for 3 weeks next summer for the Baltic cruise. My computer might just implode.

The planning for the oink, cluck, & moo BBQ is heading into high gear since the party is less the 2 weeks away. I am getting a little scared. So far there are 60 people coming and a ton that have not RSVPd yet. Sure hope it doesn't rain, because all those people are not fitting into the house.

Tracey: As I was looking through all the posts I missed the last couple of days I was gettting new car envy. Now I am just sad. I think they would have to peel me off the floor if that was my brand new car underwater. Good luck with the adjuster.

Thanks Scott, It has left a knot in my stomach.

The car has been towed from the lot to the dealership for assessment for the Insurance Company. Now I wait to find out if they are going to Total it.

Tracey - I hope all goes well for you and your car - whatever happens.:hug:

Tracey....I hope all works out for you!

Goodnight everyone! Only 2 more days til the weekend!

Oh no that really sucks :sad1: I'm guessing a lot of your collegues are in the same situation?

I hope they sort you out with a new car soon and that you can get back to normal :hug:

Happy Thursday everyone - seems a bit quiet around here lately but I guess it's just people enjoying their summer :banana:

Have a good one - nearly the weekend :woohoo: :woohoo:

There were at least 30 building with some flooding on campus 5 buildings took on severe water damage. I am guessing upwards of 250 or more personal and University vehicles were damaged also. I know there were at least a 100 cars damaged in the parking areas around where I parked.

Trying to get back to a normal routine today, while I wait to hear from the Insurance Company & Kia.

Morning all - hope all have a good Thursday. Glad the weekend is almost here. My bowling season (one of my leagues) starts tomorrow so got to get everything tonight.. The start of the season came too soon :).

:)

Good morning.
It is finally like summer here. Not raining every day. I am sad that some students and teachers have to go back to school so soon! But I am a little happy that the kids won't be hanging around the library all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter