Podcast 4.0 Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 12/8/2012

I just signed up for this cruise, but I have to be honest, not sure if we will definitely go, I want to see what the Magic and Wonder itineraries are and we may switch.

Have you ever sailed DCL before? Have you sailed on other cruise lines? We've been on the Magic NUMEROUS times, and a few on the Wonder. We love the size of the ship. That being said, we are looking forward to two cruises on the Fantasy in 2012.

We live in Pennsylvania, and the Magic will be sailing out of NYC for several months, but the NYC to Bahamas itinerary is not for us. We'd consider Galvestown / Caribbean, but I think airfare is safest for PHL to MCO (plenty of direct, low cost flights). Remember to keep airfare (or ease of commute to port) in mind, when selecting a cruise!

Have you ever sailed DCL before? Have you sailed on other cruise lines? We've been on the Magic NUMEROUS times, and a few on the Wonder. We love the size of the ship. That being said, we are looking forward to two cruises on the Fantasy in 2012.

We live in Pennsylvania, and the Magic will be sailing out of NYC for several months, but the NYC to Bahamas itinerary is not for us. We'd consider Galvestown / Caribbean, but I think airfare is safest for PHL to MCO (plenty of direct, low cost flights). Remember to keep airfare (or ease of commute to port) in mind, when selecting a cruise!

I sailed DCL for the first time 2 months ago with my mom and my 2 DS's ages 4 and 7 - I did the 14 night Westbound Transatlantic, and WE LOVED IT!!! BEST CRUISE EVER!!! If they do another one and the dates are good for me, I would like to do it again. The airfare on that is a killer though - one way to Spain. But this time I would have time to start accruing points and maybe get a free flight.

Anyway, my boys have said they want to do an inside room on the Dream or Fantasy because of the virtual portholes. And I can drive to PC from where I live in a (long) day. Although I am excited about the Fantasy, a lot of things have to fall in place for that to happen, so we'll see.

The more I read about the Fantasy the more excited I am, but the ports don't seem all that exciting to me, I think I would be going for the ship experience and CC.

Hey December 8 cruisers! I just took some screenshots of your cruise leaving port using the Port Canaveral Webcam, and I figured you'd want to see the shots.!

Thanks for this, but this cruise is in 2012!

Count us in as well, just did the deposit this morning, we loved the Dream and can't wait to be on the Fantasy!

Hi every one me and my husband fastpak are book on this cruise as well we are so excited to be going on another disney cruise we will be celebrating our 7th anniversary on it we just celebrated out 6th yesterday. LOOOVE Disney Cruises our son who will be 9 is staying with his grandparents as we embark on this wonder cruise on the fantasy it will be our third we did the magic in 2010 for a 7 night Halloween western cruise and a 4night bahamas cruise in oct of 2011 and now to do a podcast cruise as well we have gone through dreams and loove Tracy. Cant wait to meet u all. Do we have a facebook page yet or is it still all on the boards.

Hi every one me and my husband fastpak are book on this cruise as well we are so excited to be going on another disney cruise we will be celebrating our 7th anniversary on it we just celebrated out 6th yesterday. LOOOVE Disney Cruises our son who will be 9 is staying with his grandparents as we embark on this wonder cruise on the fantasy it will be our third we did the magic in 2010 for a 7 night Halloween western cruise and a 4night bahamas cruise in oct of 2011 and now to do a podcast cruise as well we have gone through dreams and loove Tracy. Cant wait to meet u all. Do we have a facebook page yet or is it still all on the boards.

Welcome !!! To the best of my knowledge, no one has set anything up on facebook yet, but that's not a bad idea. We have a couple of other threads on the Podcast Forum, one for chit chat and another to post your stateroom number....would love to see you there also !!!

Hi everyone, count us in. We booked this cruise as well. this will be our 5th Disney cruise. we are going to disney world either before or after the cruise. We have always done after, but seriously considering before this time. Any preferences?? it will be my dh and myself, we don't have children and still love the cruises.

Hi everyone, count us in. We booked this cruise as well. this will be our 5th Disney cruise. we are going to disney world either before or after the cruise. We have always done after, but seriously considering before this time. Any preferences?? it will be my dh and myself, we don't have children and still love the cruises.

Go before so that you can relax on the cruise! On our 1st cruise, we bookended our cruise in between WDW and after the cruise touring was so different. Just one opinion :goodvibes

I did before for 7days and after for a day glad i did cause i needed some of the water rides to calm my stomach i was still rocking from the book lol and wasnt ready to rock at home lol:):)

We just got off the Dream yesterday and we rebooked this cruise on board!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Can't wait, wish it was sooner!

I sailed DCL for the first time 2 months ago with my mom and my 2 DS's ages 4 and 7 - I did the 14 night Westbound Transatlantic, and WE LOVED IT!!! BEST CRUISE EVER!!! If they do another one and the dates are good for me, I would like to do it again. The airfare on that is a killer though - one way to Spain. But this time I would have time to start accruing points and maybe get a free flight.

Anyway, my boys have said they want to do an inside room on the Dream or Fantasy because of the virtual portholes. And I can drive to PC from where I live in a (long) day. Although I am excited about the Fantasy, a lot of things have to fall in place for that to happen, so we'll see.

The more I read about the Fantasy the more excited I am, but the ports don't seem all that exciting to me, I think I would be going for the ship experience and CC.

Watch for TransAtlantic cruises every year. In order to get the best price on a DCL cruise ... BOOK EARLY! The same is true for International air fare. In addition, instead of looking at US airlines, consider looking at prices for a European airline. When we sailed 2010 T/A, we flew home on Iberia airlines (part of American Airlines group). Iberia is based in Spain, and accepted my AA miles. I was able to get 1ST CLASS, non-stop from Madrid to NYC ... for less points than the cost of American Airlines would have charged for coach.

Steven

Okay, so the 2013 Wonder & Magic itineraries have been released. It is just me, or was anyone else hoping the Wonder would sail into the Southern Caribbean (7+ day cruises) out of Miami, versus shorter cruises to existing ports? I mean, if DCL was saying they liked Miami because it was an International Hub ... do they realize Europeans will not likely want to fly across the pond for a 4-day cruise? :confused:

We just got off the Dream yesterday and we rebooked this cruise on board!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Can't wait, wish it was sooner!

Welcome aboard, DW and I were on that same cruise! :thumbsup2

I am still amazed that I was told that I couldn't book this on board to be a part of the group. Oh well!:confused3

Yeah, I really don't understand why they wouldn't send the Wonder to some more interesting Carribbean ports. The itineraries are just like the Dream and the Fantasy except they go out of a port a 4 hour further drive. I would think the Wonder would be more competitive with other ships - like the Oasis and the Allure of the Seas - if they went to somewhere more exotic.

Okay, so the 2013 Wonder & Magic itineraries have been released. It is just me, or was anyone else hoping the Wonder would sail into the Southern Caribbean (7+ day cruises) out of Miami, versus shorter cruises to existing ports? I mean, if DCL was saying they liked Miami because it was an International Hub ... do they realize Europeans will not likely want to fly across the pond for a 4-day cruise? :confused:

Okay, so the 2013 Wonder & Magic itineraries have been released. It is just me, or was anyone else hoping the Wonder would sail into the Southern Caribbean (7+ day cruises) out of Miami, versus shorter cruises to existing ports?

I utter the SAME sentiments. Ugh. Same ole, same ole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter