PodCast 4.0 Chit Chat

I've been scanning this thread since it started and just realized I never joined in with the chit chat. I'm Mary and my DH is Tom and we will be joined on 4.0 by my parents. We were on 2.0 & 3.0 as well. My parents and I will be flying in on 12/2 to celebrate my birthday and so my parents can see the Christmas decorations. Tom will be joining us the day before the cruise. Since my dad will be 85 when we set sail this vacation is all about spending time with my parents.

:wave: Hi Mary & Tom!
We were dining partners with Mary and Tom on 3.0 and really enjoyed getting to know them. :thumbsup2
It looks like you guys are right down the hall from us I think (we're in 9574).
Looking forward to seeing you on board. :cool1:

We're part of the cruise, but never even heard of PCC cruises until after we booked this one on DVC points.

We'll be staying at OKW pre cruise.

It sounds like fun to take the bus obver with y'all, but I have a sneaking suspicion that since we are not offical PCC, we can't.

Any suggestions for best idea of how to get there. There are three of us.
Skye

Everyone has gotten quiet - no momentum or is everyone dying from the heat? (107 again today in TX!)

Everyone has gotten quiet - no momentum or is everyone dying from the heat? (107 again today in TX!)

I was experiencing WDW's heat last week. :teeth:

I am getting ready to pay off this cruise next week - as soon as my current Disney Visa billing cycle closes. I was going to wait one more billing cycle to maximize my Disney rewards dollars, but I have a new credit card (Starwood Amex) - and I want to maximize points on that card, instead. :)

We're part of the cruise, but never even heard of PCC cruises until after we booked this one on DVC points.

We'll be staying at OKW pre cruise.

It sounds like fun to take the bus obver with y'all, but I have a sneaking suspicion that since we are not offical PCC, we can't.

Any suggestions for best idea of how to get there. There are three of us.
Skye

Sorry Skye only folks boked through Dreams Unlimited Travel for this cruise can participate in the official DISunplugged sponsored events and transfers.

You can contact DVC member services for help with transfers to the port.

Wow 107. I probably should not say that we are the hotest we have been sense last Sept here ion the Pacific Northwest, Mid 80's.

Kevin

Euphscott said:

And people think it is hot in Florida.

Sorry Skye only folks boked through Dreams Unlimited Travel for this cruise can participate in the official DISunplugged sponsored events and transfers.

You can contact DVC member services for help with transfers to the port.

I figured as much- just thought it would be more fun since getting to know some here.

Just don't tell me the really good things we're missing. We've already decided that next cruise we'll not be booking on points but through DU.

Big news for us ~ (drumroll) ~

DD is *FINALLY* 42" in bare feet!!! Aquaduck for her on our cruise!!! Woo hoo!!!!

She's been 42" in shoes since the winter, which opened up more rides at WDW (Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Dinosaur!, and Soarin' to name a few), but in June on the Fantasy, she was just shy in bare feet at about 41.5".

We're very excited for her!!!! 8)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Big news for us ~ (drumroll) ~

DD is *FINALLY* 42" in bare feet!!! Aquaduck for her on our cruise!!! Woo hoo!!!!

She's been 42" in shoes since the winter, which opened up more rides at WDW (Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Dinosaur!, and Soarin' to name a few), but in June on the Fantasy, she was just shy in bare feet at about 41.5".

We're very excited for her!!!! 8)

YAAAAAY!!!! Hope she enjoys it as much as we do!!!! Since she missed out on the last cruise, does she plan to do that first thing after boarding for this one? We've done that before, and it is really a great time to get in a few quick trips down the Duck while everyone else is just wandering around the ship and stuffing their faces (not that there's anything wrong with that :))

schimj said:
YAAAAAY!!!! Hope she enjoys it as much as we do!!!! Since she missed out on the last cruise, does she plan to do that first thing after boarding for this one? We've done that before, and it is really a great time to get in a few quick trips down the Duck while everyone else is just wandering around the ship and stuffing their faces (not that there's anything wrong with that :))

We'll do it right after lunch ;) We are usually in boarding group #2 or #3, eat a quick lunch (we have main dining so we eat lunch early), but definitely do not stuff our faces LOL, then head out on deck if the weather cooperates & let her ride.

On our June cruise, we were the very 1st family in Cabanas (even dragging our carry ons up the stairs to deck 11!!), so we were done quickly & it was the very 1st cruise we let her hit the pools on embarkation day. It was fairly empty; shocking for June! She was the only kid in Nemo's for a few (she didn't stay there long), and she was one of 4 kids in the Mickey pool (we sat on deck and I read the Tampa Tribune while she played). We took her up to the Aquaduck to measure her height, and noticed that there was NO line!!!

Off topic but funny, as we were going down the stairs from deck 12 to deck 11, I heard a Dad say to his 2 teenage daughters, "See you on Friday" (it was Saturday). I laughed so hard!!

And people think it is hot in Florida.

It gets sticky in Florida - but I reserve the hot moniker for days like we experienced last week. We have cooled down a bit and have only been hovering at 100 - 102 for highs.

Thankfully it's been a less hot summer this year - last year we had over 80 days of 100+ days - this year only in the teens plus some much needed rain the early part of last month. But it's been dry for a few weeks, so we were hoping for Ernesto to help out - looks like a false alarm.

Off topic but funny, as we were going down the stairs from deck 12 to deck 11, I heard a Dad say to his 2 teenage daughters, "See you on Friday" (it was Saturday). I laughed so hard!!

:lmao: Not quite that bad. But used to see DD and DS only at dinner. They went everywhere together, since they're close in age. He was kind-of her chaperone. Don't know about letting teenage girls go off on their own...

Hey everyone...thought I would pop in and say hi. I've been spending a lot of time over on the theme parks threads preparing for my land trip next month. Still bummed that I can't make this cruise, but I know you all will have a great time. It's nice to see the threads for PCC 4.0 get busier now.

NancyIL said:
Today I paid DU for my half of the cruise! :woohoo:

Good for you Nancy!

We're paying ours off next Friday after our day at WDW & dinner at 'Ohana. That way, we're ready to book our Palo brunch when our booking window opens at midnight on Aug 25th ;)

Good for you Nancy!

We're paying ours off next Friday after our day at WDW & dinner at 'Ohana. That way, we're ready to book our Palo brunch when our booking window opens at midnight on Aug 25th ;)

We can't book anything until September 9, but I wanted credit card points sooner!

I'm the opposite of you Nancy, I am doing what I can to lengthen the pay off time, so I DON'T get accrual for the interest on my credit card. We are getting points as I pay from the credit card, but I am doing what I can to pay for the cruise and airfare through cash earned outside our regular budget.

So far, I've paid for aifare via credit card and frequent flyer points and all but $750 of our cruise fare through focus groups, mystery shops, and surveys. I've got another $100 or so in mystery shops to do this week, so we'll get that bill down to $650. But with the clock running down, I am afraid I will not get it all done. At least mentally I will have till December to work at it - then I can pay off the credit card!

Vacation has become a game for us to earn it and not ding the budget - we've been pretty good at it and keep finding unique ways of earning extra cash to pay these things down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter