• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast 2.0 Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
tiggerbell said:
I'm not a German food person - is it weird that I'm thinking fish and chips during your Beirgarden lunch???

Mmmm...I have been craving some fish and chips and a Bass Ale for over a year now. Yorkshire is on my "must do" list for December. :)

- Bill

So we probably should do it lunch on the day of DATW :confused3...starting it off with a BIG german beer ;).

Do they still have the oompa band playing at lunch too?

I'm not a German food person - is it weird that I'm thinking fish and chips during your Beirgarden lunch???

I am picky about German food, I will have to check out the menu - count me as a Maybe. Not a Fish & Chips person either - (I don't care for Seafood).

Maybe we can lunch and eat around the world. Not all the countries, but little groups eating prior to DATW.

Not a huge fan of German food, my gramma's is enough thank you very much.
Don't like fish.
Anybody wanna grab a alte lunch somewhere else in World Showcase or Epcot on Friday?:goodvibes

I think I was channeling Robin when I suggested fish and chips...

Depending on how the pizza is in Italy (I'll find out in October), that may be my destination.

There's also going to be a new Mexican place by that trip... so I'm not ruling anything out...

Except German... unless we're talking brats at the CS...

Depending on how the pizza is in Italy (I'll find out in October), that may be my destination.

There's also going to be a new Mexican place by that trip... so I'm not ruling anything out...

I'm hoping the pizza will be good. Getting a decent slice in world showcase would be a real bonus. Let us know what you think. When does that open?

I am picky about German food, I will have to check out the menu - count me as a Maybe. Not a Fish & Chips person either - (I don't care for Seafood).

Maybe we can lunch and eat around the world. Not all the countries, but little groups eating prior to DATW.

Don't like fish.
Anybody wanna somewhere else in World Showcase or Epcot on Friday?:goodvibes

glad I'm not the only one. DH mom is from Germany. Have a lot of german 'treats' when we go visit. :rotfl: I'm glad to get back home to have regular food. Also not big on seafood.

So we probably should do it lunch on the day of DATW :confused3...starting it off with a BIG german beer ;).

Do they still have the oompa band playing at lunch too?

Looks like they do play at lunch :thumbsup2 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476372

OK Tracey - just let me know :goodvibes

Just spotted DVC gets 10% off lunch and we will probably have a TIW card too.

Don't like fish.
Anybody wanna grab a alte lunch somewhere else in World Showcase or Epcot on Friday?:goodvibes

I would be open to eating somewhere around the world. Pizza or the new Mexican place sound like possibilities. I had Tutto Italia a couple of weeks ago - the dish I had was good - so maybe the new Pizza place will be decent for Disney Pizza.

There is a German/American Restaurant an hour from where I live in Jasper, Indiana, that I have eaten at a couple of times - I usually eat off the american side of the menu but they have a very good German Potato side dish.

I would be open to eating somewhere around the world. Pizza or the new Mexican place sound like possibilities. I had Tutto Italia a couple of weeks ago - the dish I had was good - so maybe the new Pizza place will be decent for Disney Pizza.

Suppose we can get a CM from the Mexico Pavilion to do the Mexican Tiara dance with us?

Hi all. Have the whole weird day to myself today as DH is at a Stag do... The weather here is so lame today, after the gorgeous weather last weekend.

You all should be envying us over here on this side of the pond today as we have the Eurovision tonight. Truly one of the funniest nights of the year on TV :happytv: and also one of the :scared1: scariest. I will miss it when we move back to the states.

Mel

Hi all. Have the whole weird day to myself today as DH is at a Stag do... The weather here is so lame today, after the gorgeous weather last weekend.

You all should be envying us over here on this side of the pond today as we have the Eurovision tonight. Truly one of the funniest nights of the year on TV :happytv: and also one of the :scared1: scariest. I will miss it when we move back to the states.

Mel

I know the weather today is terrible - you can tell it's a Bank Holiday weekend :laughing:

Thanks for the reminder about Eurovision :thumbsup2 DH says I can watch it :goodvibes I hope there are some really bad ones :thumbsup2

I'm taking summer classes and sometimes you just have to prioritize. I mean, how much fun would the homework have been anyway? :rotfl:

This is my first semester back - one on line course already starting taking me into August. The second course was switched from evenings to M-F 9:30 -5 for one week in July. That one scares me. I got the time off work but :scared1: I haven't done classroom time that intense in more years than we are going to count here.

glad I'm not the only one. DH mom is from Germany. Have a lot of german 'treats' when we go visit. :rotfl: I'm glad to get back home to have regular food. Also not big on seafood.

We have Oktoberfest every year. The annual retirement dinner has enough schnitzl to sink a ship. I'll pass on the German fare. We may do Fish N Chips or maybe Les Chefs - we haven't made it there yet.

Suppose we can get a CM from the Mexico Pavilion to do the Mexican Tiara dance with us?
:lmao::thumbsup2

This is my first semester back - one on line course already starting taking me into August. The second course was switched from evenings to M-F 9:30 -5 for one week in July. That one scares me. I got the time off work but :scared1: I haven't done classroom time that intense in more years than we are going to count here.

Yikes, that does seem a little extreme. I just finished a 101 course in our interim term (stupid natural science requirements, I'm in Engineering, isn't that enough science?) that was 3 hours a day 5 days a week and then 4 extra hours two days a week for three weeks. Not as bad as ALL day bust still not pretty. Great to get it all done and I kinda like not having other courses to distract you, but my days were all out of whack. Fridays we would have class for three hours in the morning, sleep, do something different in the afternoon, and then go to Wally-world or out to the movies at night and it would seem like we had a weeks worth of days in one day. At least we have Monday off, then I have a class for an hour and 45 minutes five days a week for a month, then two more the next month. At least we are moving starting Tuesday and Friday so we won't be at the end of the class, but it still out to be fun.

ETA: But on the brighter side, I have had time to actually READ books I want to read for once. Even if only because of that, it feels more like summer even with classes going on.

I have not been to good German restaurant in at least twenty years. Biergarten sounds great to me!

:rolleyes1MY TWO CENTS: Prince of Persia:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Really fun to watch, lots of action and beautiful scenes.

Yikes, that does seem a little extreme. I just finished a 101 course in our interim term (stupid natural science requirements, I'm in Engineering, isn't that enough science?) that was 3 hours a day 5 days a week and then 4 extra hours two days a week for three weeks. Not as bad as ALL day bust still not pretty. Great to get it all done and I kinda like not having other courses to distract you, but my days were all out of whack. Fridays we would have class for three hours in the morning, sleep, do something different in the afternoon, and then go to Wally-world or out to the movies at night and it would seem like we had a weeks worth of days in one day. At least we have Monday off, then I have a class for an hour and 45 minutes five days a week for a month, then two more the next month. At least we are moving starting Tuesday and Friday so we won't be at the end of the class, but it still out to be fun.

ETA: But on the brighter side, I have had time to actually READ books I want to read for once. Even if only because of that, it feels more like summer even with classes going on.

My job security tanked, but with warning. I have until 2013 to be ready to change careers. I found 2 college programs which are providing me with skills I can either make use of with the changes coming in my career, or I can take them into the private sector. It is going to be a lot but I am fortunate that I can do a lot of homework at work :thumbsup2, and DD8 is thrilled that she can watch me do homework too.
Worst case scenario..big change best case scenario - the current career changes in a positive way and I use my new skills to make it even better. (I would have to leave a place with pension and great benefits)

Now, I need to find the attention span to get my assignments done. :rolleyes:
3 1/2 more hours of work this morning - I should get back to my homework until the phone rings again.

Happy Sunday - hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Off to see Prince of Persia in a couple hours.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter