pocket video help...

pixie08

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. Does anyone have any experience with the small video cameras like the flip or the new kodak version? We have a panasonic but it is a pain to carry around because we also have a slr. Since I am more into phots and would just like some video as supplemental media i was thinking one of these pocket version might be nice. Do any come with stabilization. Any advice or input would be great!:goodvibes

my wife has a flip and loves it. It is about the size as her P&S and she finds it easy to carry around. You cannot ask for an easier interface. No image stabilization but she has no problems with it.

She is not going to get the far away with the limited zoom, but she really likes it!

I have a few friends who have used them and they seem to have been happy with the results. Have you done a search on google for reviews?

Dave pirate:

We like our Flip. Video quality is better than expected and suprisingly good in low light. Stabilization is an issue since it is so small and light, a very light monopod helps a lot.

I love my flip cam! I used it everywhere on my last trip! The quality is really really good. (I have the HD one)

I customized it to have a pic of the castle on the front...
web.jpg

Here is a video I made with my friend Kristen. (I am filming) All the clips are from the flip camera. No other video camera was used...

http://gallery.mac.com/rubichi#100279

Another positive review from me for the Flip. Don't have the HD version, and I really don't see the need. I only use mine to share on my blog, so I don't ever burn it to a disc to play on the HDTV. I love it. I think if I had a bigger camera, I doubt I would take so much video of my little girl.

Here is an example.
http://www.vimeo.com/5442221

Thanks so much guys...this has been a great help. I guess the IS is not that big of a deal! I think it will do the job. Looking into the flip reviews now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter