pocket plan?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
If you were going to type up a small touring plan version that could be carried in a pocket or wallet to the park, what info would you want on there? I'm thinking Fastpasses and ADRs for sure....what else? TIA!

ETA: I should add that I'm traveling with first timers, which is why i'm thinking about doing this.

Sure - ADRs and FP are fine - but why not just use MDE? I have very detailed Notes added in my itinerary for anything else I want to keep track of.

park hours. show/parade times, mini map?

When I was there, my pocket itinerary had our Fast passes, reservations, and reminders of what was in the area if we had extra time. It was easier to pull that out and glance than it was to pull up the app. Plus, I wanted something in case the app went down/wasn't working.

We were aiming for a little more relaxed touring style while still hitting our must dos, so I had something like the day below in my pocket each day:

Wednesday, Nov 1 MK early EMH

9:30-10:30 Space Mtn FP
11:00-12:00 7DMT FP
12:55 Be Our Guest ADR
3:35-4:30 Big Thunder Mtn FP
Idea for EMH: Drive the cars, Winnie the Pooh, Buzz, Monsters Inc
People Mover and Carousel of Progress after Space Mtn
After 7DMT: Belle or Ariel or Dumbo or It's Small World
After lunch: Haunted Mansion, Liberty Belle
Hop to HS or EP
HS: Indy show 4:45, 6:00
EP: Voices of Liberty 4:05, 4:45

We travel with kids and grandparents. None of them have access to the MDE app, and sometimes we split up so it's nice for everyone to know what we're doing.

I always make several colourful copies of our 'plan' and have it laminated. I include FP windows and ADR's, but also what time we're aiming to arrive at the parks, what time we'll leave, the general order we'll do rides in, time of evening shows, where the bathrooms are, etc. Everyone gets their plan the night before so they know what time we need to leave in the morning and what to expect. It works great to keep everyone on the same page and minimizes whining / questions :)

I should add: our plans are usually too large to fold up into a wallet, but just the right size to slip into the outside pocket of a backpack. We usually have several backpacks for our group of 10, so each pack gets a plan.

When I was there, my pocket itinerary had our Fast passes, reservations, and reminders of what was in the area if we had extra time. It was easier to pull that out and glance than it was to pull up the app. Plus, I wanted something in case the app went down/wasn't working.
I take screenshots of our plans and text them to myself so I don't have to continually pull up the app or rely on it when it frequently crashes.

We had a bigger group with different people doing different things at times. So I just put all the fastpasses with times as well as any ADR's with Confirmation numbers as well as who was doing each activity. Typed it up in an excel spreadsheet and printed it out on cardstock to cut apart and hand out. Many of them just took pictures of the pocket itineraries so they could have them whenever, but I found it easier than trying to get everyone connected in the app and make sure everyone knew which plans were theirs.

I made a spreadsheet of EMH days, park hours, which parks we are doing, ADRs and FP+ and had it in my email and then opened it and took a picture....so I could just open my phone and it was there without having to open an app or anything...

Tuesday Fleming Crum.JPG Thursday Fleming Crum.JPG
This is what I did. The * is because we had another group with us that had different plans and I wanted to kind of keep up with them in case we met up. I did one for each day and saved it as my screensaver on my phone so I didn't have to keep opening my phone or app.

If you were going to type up a small touring plan version that could be carried in a pocket or wallet to the park, what info would you want on there? I'm thinking Fastpasses and ADRs for sure....what else? TIA!

ETA: I should add that I'm traveling with first timers, which is why i'm thinking about doing this.

I do this. I use a spreadsheet divided up into days. For each day plan I have our start time and end time, then the park, ADRs (with confirmation numbers), FPs, showtimes (If I am planning to attend) and transportation plans. I'll also put QS meal plans if they aren't an ADR, with no specific time. Mine are very simple. I print them out at card size, with about 3 days per side. If I need more time I make a folding card. I also keep one part for general park hours and showtimes for all days. It works well for me.

I don't do all that... but what I have done and probably will still do is jot dining reservation numbers and fast pass times on a post-it note to keep in my wallet. Not labor intensive, and I'll probably make one extra for my mom this time, with 2 days info per note.

My wife does this and she laminates it. I add mine to my phone.
She adds dining, fast passes and any must-do characters or shows.

We have a group of 15 touring and many of them won't have access to the app, so i wanted to do something just to make sure we were all on the same page. We're not trying to walk around all together the whole time, but we do have meeting points where we'll connect.

I generally use MDE and the notes app on my phone, which I can text to others. Still I think it's a good idea to have a physical copy because "stuff happens."":)

I have taken screenshots of the MDE page that lists our ADRs and Fastpasses and have printed it out, cut it down into each park day with a paper cutter and folded it in half to have in my purse. I could use the MDE app as well, but I'm an obsessive checker, so that's why I've opted to do this to stay on top of our plans.

Nothing fancy, but like to have my general game plan on paper. I like to not be staring at my phone all day.

My niece and I were together at Disney last spring break. Our husbands laughed when they realized we both had the same "pocket plan" without ever talking about it. We both printed ADR and FP info for each day on small note cards, then put them on the back of our phones with clear phone cases. We both used the app often, but it was also nice to be able to just glance at the back of the phone for the days info instead of clicking through the app. There was also enough space to add a few notes about parade times, etc.

I used a little recipe card...each night before, I made note of our FP and ADRs then I listed the “must do’s” for the day. It helped me visualize our day and kept me from laying awake thinking about what I didn’t want to forget.

We used the app a lot in the park, and the paper maps, but the little recipe card was handy for a quick glance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter