• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pocahontis - Where Can She Be Found?

fostrmom2mny

DIS Veteran
A co-worker's family who is native American is vacationing at WDW this fall and her daughter desperately wants to meet and see Pocahontis. Anyone know where they might find her? Is she at any of the character meals? Thanks for any info.

A co-worker's family who is native American is vacationing at WDW this fall and her daughter desperately wants to meet and see Pocahontis. Anyone know where they might find her? Is she at any of the character meals? Thanks for any info.

She can only be found in Animal Kingdom. Near Pizzafari. Check out KennythePirate.com.

In January she was at Rafiki's Planet Watch in Animal Kingdom. Its a fun place to visit and does not seem to draw a big crowd.

She can only be found in Animal Kingdom. Near Pizzafari. Check out KennythePirate.com.

It is off the main trail. I have seen her twice in the last month and both times there was not one person waiting to see her. So at least they don't have to plan to wait in a long line to meet her.

I have only seen her at Rafiki's Planet Watch too.

Tell them to ask a cast member when and where she will be. They can find out.

Pocahontas meets in AK on Discovery Island - it's an out of the way location. Basically head for Africa (from the main gates) - just before you get to the bridge leading over to Africa there is a baby care / first aid center on your left - on your right is a trail / path that leads to her meeting location.

She used to meet at Rafiki's Planet Watch and still does if it is raining.

I recommend before your trip (just before) you check Kenny's site or ask a CM when you arrive - just in case they change her location between now and their trip.

She is only out at certain times.

It is off the main trail. I have seen her twice in the last month and both times there was not one person waiting to see her. So at least they don't have to plan to wait in a long line to meet her.

This made me sad somehow. I'm going to visit Pocahontas the next time I'm in AK. :laughing:

Just saw her on Saturday. She is in AK on the Discovery Island trails (really easy to find.) This is the second time we've seen her and she usually has little to no wait, and she was REALLY great with our daughter. :) However, I know Sat she didn't start meets until 11am.

(Also, don't know if your friends have a little girl, but the shoppe outside The Little Mermaid Show in HS usually has Pocahontas dress up costumes. :) )

Just saw her on Saturday. She is in AK on the Discovery Island trails (really easy to find.) This is the second time we've seen her and she usually has little to no wait, and she was REALLY great with our daughter. :) However, I know Sat she didn't start meets until 11am. http://s27.photobucket.com/user/ferdalump/media/pocahontasjane_zpsc12fe085.jpg.html http://s27.photobucket.com/user/ferdalump/media/pocajane_zps82112c25.jpg.html (Also, don't know if your friends have a little girl, but the shoppe outside The Little Mermaid Show in HS usually has Pocahontas dress up costumes. :) )

This is where we saw her about 2 weeks ago. I found it a little tricky to find her just because I'm not familiar with the area. Basically we walked into the exit for its tough to be a bug and there is an entrance to the trails. We asked somebody and they pointed us in the right direction. It was a weekday so she started meeting at 10am. We got there a little early and people were lining up. We didn't wait long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter