PO Riverside. Restaurant?

eyoreaud

<font color=peach>Who? Us? Nosey? NEVER!<br><font
:D Hi All!,

Was on the Resort Board on US site and read a few threads claiming that there wasn't a sit down restaurant at PO, now, wether they meant PO riverside or PO French Quarter i'm not too sure, Has anyone been recently?
All the stuff i've read like(Simon V's Brits Guide)have all told of restaurants but none have actually said if it's just take away, I wouldn't have thought take away was the only option, but you never know.:confused:

Any info would be appreciated,
Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxx:wave:

Hi Audrey.

POR Riverside does have a sit down resteraunt i cant remember the name Boatwrights i think . POR Fench quarter only has a a food court.

When we were there last year we never actually tried Boatwrights but the menu looked lovely.

POR also has a bar which serves snack and light meals i can recommend the loaded nachos.

The food court at PO riverside is also excellant with lots of choice and the bakery has lots of goodies on offer (muffins to die for).

We actually stayed at riverside and on our last day walked to the French quarter and had a drink in their food court (which is not very big).

Riverside wins hands down for me everytime and we shall be staying there on our next visit.

Hope this helps.

I think i read somwhere that the reseraunt and food court at riverside is changing its name (but cant remember what to).

Love tracey

PS Does anyone know if the boat from POR to downtwon disney has started back again??

Hi there Tracy!:wave:

Yes, your info helped me a lot, thanx. :D

I didn't know that the boat to Down Town Disney had ever stopped,:eek: I hope that it's started again as this was one of the reasons we picked PO Riverside in the first place!:(
If anyone knows could you let us know please? (maybe should have started a new thread for this?)

Ta very much,
Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We ate at Boatwrights last October (in POR) and to be honest wasn't yhat impressed.

The meal was expensive (especially the wine) and it was nothing special.

Much prefer the foodcourt at POR - I'm looking forward to having my chicken strips, fries and onions rings next August :)

The foodcourt changed it's name from Colonel's Cotton Mill to Riverside Mill.

The Cotton Coop Lounge changed it's name to River Roast Lounge.

As far as I know the boat to DTD is now operating again :)

Hi Tim:D

Thanx for the info!:bounce:

Much Obliged!
Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxxx
PS great news about the boat to DD!:Pinkbounc

Yep good news about the boat to DD its such a pleasant ride.

MMM chicken strips and fries youre making me feel hunry now.

Their pizzas are very nice too ooh to be back there.

Roll on Jan 2004 LOL

Our last stay was at POR, though it was back in '99:( We had one meal at Boatwrights and to this day DH still talks about the great dish had there - something spicey! I'm not really a big foodie, so I don't really remember it quite so clearly, but it was a perfectly good place to eat. As Goofyish said the foodcourt is great - something for everyone and certainly much better value.

IMHO you won't regret your decision to stay at Riverside.

:Pinkbounc Thanx for the info:Pinkbounc

You've really put my mind at rest folks!

Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxx

We ate at Boatwrights twice last year, when we stayed at Dixie Landings as it changed to Port Orleans Riverside.

We had an excellent meal both times, there was enough themeing to make it special for the children, the servers were excellent, but not as brash as character meals. We loved the food, tastier and spicier than most WDW offerings, the portions were huge and so we found that sharing meals for me and the children meant they got some variety (why are the children's menus always the same?) and it wasn't too expensive. I agree with Tim, in that the wine starts at $25 a bottle, we splashed out once, but that is the case at all WDW restaurants.

The food court is good at both Riverside and French Quarter, they are different so try the "other one" out. I walked down and bought "Beignets" from POFQ one morning for breakfast, delicious and only available at POFQ. Buy two boxes otherwise those having a lie in won't get any!!

Thanx for that Fiona!

But can someone please tell me what BEIGNETS are (sounds like some kind of fire old fashioned gun :rolleyes:)(BAYONET) HE HE!

Thanx again,
Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxx :Pinkbounc

Melt in the mouth doughnut like (but nicer) sugary, soft, melt in your mouth, sweet, yummy.....deelicious, scrummy, moreish!!!

Will that do?:p

:Pinkbounc

Fiona,
That will do VERY nicely!
Sounds Scrummmmmmmy!!
Drool!;)

Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxxx:Pinkbounc

LOL Fiona!:Pinkbounc

Will certainly try to bring you a box home, (if we don't eat them all first! he he!;) I'm sure we'll manage to eat thew within specified time limits:rolleyes:

Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxx:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter