PMS in the parks?

I have had PMS on a few of our trips....

1. Chocolate - Main Street Bakery, Grand Flo Bakery

2. Alcohol - Of any variety, anywhere...especially Adventurer's Club! :D

3. Lobster - Heh, helps me! ;)

4. Slow Down

5. Most important of all - Grand Flo Spa ;)

:scared1: UGh! Don't ya just HATE getting a visit from Aunt Flo during a trip? This happened to me while we were in Disney in April. I wasn't expecting her to visit that week - so I was totally unprepared. Thank God the CR stocks the gift shop with all the necessities! I second the recommendations of Pamprin or Motrin. I was taking Motrin throughout the trip already to lessen sore feet, legs, etc and therefore didn't have any cramps as a result. In addition, we saw the Nemo musical while there and I got a good cry in as well. Good luck!!

And yes, taking BC pills continuously will eliminate your period. This is perfectly safe to do and you should have no problem getting a script from your dr if you need one.

My thing it to drink a lot of water and try to stay as cool as possible. I find the heat and sunlight only make me more aggrivated and gripey.

I am going to have this same problem next week and I've been soooo worried too. But add to that....my oldest DD (who has just begun to get pretty regular) should have the same issue next week. Poor DH has no idea what's going to hit him!!:lmao:

tell your DH that you love him, just because you wanna throttle him during that time...:lmao:

I tell mine Its not you it is me, IGNORE ME....

eat chocolate, and avoid conversations with the DH......:goodvibes

I have never tried Pamprin. I will have to try that. Currently I take a Vistaril (prescription only) the night before I know I will be psychotic. I usually get a headache 2 days before I go crazy, so I know when to take it. I take it at about 7pm. It helps me sleep and the whole next day I feel unusually mellow. You just can't take it to late or you will feel groggy. Vistaril is a prescription antihistamine that is normally prescribed for allergies, but docs sometimes prescribe for anxiety. When my husband sees nutso coming he tells me "go take your happy pill".

Also chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate. I swear chocolate is the only reason my kids have survived this long. ;) :rolleyes1

I will definitely try Pamprin though. I would like to take the weakest medicine possible that will affectively keep my family alive!!!:rotfl: :scared1: :hug:

I had PMS on our last trip, unfortunatley it was my BIL&SIL's first trip and they will probobly never go back with us again! but all they did was whine and complain about how they were hungry like every half hour! I finally snapped, and if I could of gotten away with smacking them I would have, I love them to death, but enough already, we get it,youre hungry even though we just ate!! ... they never realized what witch I can be! :rotfl2:

Great stories, I'm sitting here just laughing along with each of you when it hits me! AHHHHHHH, I too will be visited by Aunt Flo on my trip. To top this off, I'll be there with my mother! It's too late to cancel so I think I better start changing the diet, stocking up on herbal supplements, locating all the vendors that serve alcohol, dole whips, chocolate and mickey bars. WOW, I never knew there were do many remedies, I gotta tell you I prefer going the route of the poster on page one......Have a total meltdown at MGM on day two in front of the sci fi cause DH and the Dkids don't want to watch the parade and I WANT TO WATCH THE PARADE! Yep, that was me, now you can say, wow that lady was in major tantrum mode! Needless to say, we found a great seat the next day for the parade and I felt all better. The new mantra for the rest of the trip was "well you know, Mommy hasn't gotten to do alot of "her" stuff so let's do this with her and show her how much we love her" Aren't tantrums wonderful:rolleyes1

I'm reading this laughing because each and EVERY WDW trip I have mine! This time when we go for our annual 2 week summer vacation I will get IT the day before we leave! Won't my family be happy driving 16 hours with an overly emotional irrational woman;) !!!

I have been planning our trip forever it seems and every month when the dear old Aunt arrived, I would get the calendar out and count the days.:rotfl2: I used to be so regular, but as I am getting older it seems to be getting more unpredictable:sad2: . After my last cycle was 31 days, it has messed everything up and I will most likely start right at the beginning of the trip.:mad: . I don't get PMS too bad but do feel like crap for 3 or 4 days when I'm all bloated and yucky. I'd love to get on the pill for a couple months but I don't know if the nurse midwife I use would prescribe them for me since she knows DH got a vasectomy.

I have been planning our trip forever it seems and every month when the dear old Aunt arrived, I would get the calendar out and count the days.:rotfl2: I used to be so regular, but as I am getting older it seems to be getting more unpredictable:sad2: . After my last cycle was 31 days, it has messed everything up and I will most likely start right at the beginning of the trip.:mad: . I don't get PMS too bad but do feel like crap for 3 or 4 days when I'm all bloated and yucky. I'd love to get on the pill for a couple months but I don't know if the nurse midwife I use would prescribe them for me since she knows DH got a vasectomy.

I think she would. It's very common to take birth control pills for reasons other than contraception - some people even take them to control acne. So I'd be very surprised if they didn't agree. You can even ask for Seasonal which allows you to only have a period a few times a year. I've read a lot of articles on this and some say women never need to have a period, but most say you can skip periods without worry as long as you have at least one every six months......so what are you waiting for??? Call that doctor!!!

My thing it to drink a lot of water and try to stay as cool as possible. I find the heat and sunlight only make me more aggrivated and gripey.

Now you've got me worried cause heat and sunlight make me aggravated too. Being a male perhaps I should see a doctor. :confused3 :rotfl: :confused:

PS...Sorry for crashing your all girl thread but sometimes I just can't help myself.

Evening primrose oil, 1000 mg. a day. You wouldn't believe the difference in the PMS mood swings and anxiety being lessened. Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine or sangria!:thumbsup2

I have been to WDW fifteen times and have NEVER been without Aunt Flo. The worst time was a trip when I was twelve, and I was still new at the whole thing. I got it the first day we were there. I remember sitting outside POFQ waiting to eat dinner (Bonfamille's was still there). I just started crying and kept saying "I want to go home. I don't want to be here." I thought my dad was going to have a heart attack. The next day we went to Universal. My dad waited in line for almost an hour to buy tickets. Meanwhile, I was again sitting on a bench crying, this time because I had cramps. When he got back to us, I said I had to go back to the hotel. He waited in line again, this time to return the tickets. When he got up there, he said "My daughter has bad cramps." Needless to say, they gave him a full refund. :rotfl:

Vitamin E will also help bloating and will help keep your skin clear too if you are prone to any breakouts. I use the gel caps. Seems like when I travel I tend to break out anyway from stress.

Keep Advil on hand too for cramps.

Dr. also told me Vitamin B and Primrose oil (which I haven't taken faithfully), but does help.

I'm going to try some other suggestions on here too!!!

PMS is one of a womans biggest problems in life!!! I think I have one week a month that I actually feel on top of the world good.

Well I'm due the day we fly out!! Grrr!!!! Bad planning! Not that worried though as I've never been a major sufferer. Just an annoyance really more than anything else. Have always just taken my pill back to back at holidays to avoid this but came off the pill in anticipation of this holiday being perhaps the last one there'll only be two of us! ;)

Nervous just typing that! :scared1:

mo x

I don't necessarily need to take BC either because my tubes are tied. Ever since I had my second child my periods have been extremely heavy. The doctor put me on birthcontrol pills because it makes your periods lighter and on schedule. I got to pick which BC I wanted and I picked seasonique. Super little pill I take for three months straight no periods during this time and then 7 hormone pills this is when you get it. So far I have been getting mine only 3 of the seven days which is nice. And so much lighter. Never have to go more than a regular flow tampon. So then the cycle goes again with another 3 months of pill and no period. So you only get your period every three months. Which is only 4 times per year:thumbsup2 I would suggest to anyone!!! Has been a Godsent:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter