• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plz HELP! WWYD? Have to resched Nov 14 trip to Dec

soonermel

Earning My Ears
Yikes! For several reasons, it looks like we're going to have to reschedule our 11/14 trip, most likely to December. We don't have trip insurance. We had booked 8 nights at Pop with the upgrade to the regular dining plan for $2516. Trying to find the best alternative.

The only valid discount I see is Play-Stay-Dine, but since it would only be available 12/14-12/22, and rates are higher then, we'd pay about $650 more for the exact same trip (ouch ouch ouch!). Also concerned about crowds that week - thinking earlier in the month might be better...?

Looks like there was a room-only discount for earlier in December, but I guess we can't get that now since we're past the promotion.

I can call Guest Services in the a.m. and see if there's any availability on our FD promo code for 12/12-12/20 (they let me move it once before after the promo expired, since we already had a package with that code), but it will probably still be quite a bit more and, again, crowds.

My parents are traveling with us and have PINs that would help but they'll be staying in an RV at the campgrounds, so I'm assuming Dis won't let us use their code, even though they're booking a package...? They might arrive a day or two later than us, too.

What am I missing? How much of a penalty will we face since we're only a week out? Any other ideas or options? What would you do?

Thanks, all!

I never book packages, so I cannot help there, but the good news is that 12-14 to 12-22 is a great week to go in terms of crowds. The first of December hosts lots of football and cheer meetings at the value resorts and they end before you would arrive.

We are going to our first VMCP on 12/14. So excited!

I would call and explain your situation to them. Maybe they can find a little pixie dust for you.

I agree with a previous poster that the 14th-22nd should be good with crowds. The Christmas crowd will primarily start arriving on the 20th. I found the week before Christmas crowds to be better than the beginning of December. Call Disney and see what they can do. If you aren't comfortable with the price, and time of year, maybe you can consider moving it to January/February when prices are a their lowest.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! That's interesting that you found the crowds to be better than early December... I know Pop Warner is early, but I assumed that people ditching work/school early (ahem, like us :rolleyes1) the week before would overrun the place. To top it all off, I'm trying to plan around frequent flier mile availability. My head may explode before this is all planned.

Thanks again for answering!

No luck figuring out a decent alternative when I called yet, but their systems were down for some magical updates, so I'll cross my fingers that the next person is helpful. Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking any feasible options I should ask them about!

There is a $50 change fee, however, Disney typically waives it if your new package is equal or more than your old one. Hopefully they will work with you on the discount you have on your current reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter