• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plz Help!!! We Leave Mon 5/7 Rpde ???

daisy58

and if I am really REALLY good...then what?
My DH has his RPDE Wed 5/9 @8AM. From what I read, the shuttle from the MK doesn't start UNTIL 8 AM, and he needs to be there at the track by 7:30 AM!!! We are staying at the Boardwalk, are there taxis there as early as
7:00 AM??? Should we call a taxi first?? How much do you think that will cost??
Thanks! Cheryl

I'd go for the Taxi. There will be one in front of your resort or call the front desk or bell captain to get you one.

It probably won't cost more than $15-20. For an appointment like that I wouldn't chance the shuttle.

My DH has his RPDE Wed 5/9 @8AM. From what I read, the shuttle from the MK doesn't start UNTIL 8 AM, and he needs to be there at the track by 7:30 AM!!! We are staying at the Boardwalk, are there taxis there as early as
Thanks! Cheryl

The info that the buses "start running" at 8am is simply FALSE.

It is not true.

It is inaccurate.

The buses start running VERY early every single day at all resorts.
(Most days they will be at the resort by 6:45am or so.)

There are THOUSANDS of guests with early ADR's for breakfast at the parks and those with early-morning tours and special events.

If Disney schedules the events and meals, Disney offers the transportation to get guests there.

Just be at your resort bus stop by 7am.

But if you WANT to pay for a cab, they are available 24 hours a day.

The info that the buses "start running" at 8am is simply FALSE.

It is not true.

It is inaccurate.

The buses start running VERY early every single day at all resorts.
(Most days they will be at the resort by 6:45am or so.)

There are THOUSANDS of guests with early ADR's for breakfast at the parks and those with early-morning tours and special events.

If Disney schedules the events and meals, Disney offers the transportation to get guests there.

Just be at your resort bus stop by 7am.

But if you WANT to pay for a cab, they are available 24 hours a day.

Is there a shuttle to the RPDE? I don't remember seeing one.

Is there a shuttle to the RPDE? I don't remember seeing one.

The Shuttle runs between TTC (MK parking lot) and RPDE.

It can be boarded near the Pet Kennel at TTC.

BTW, if you TELL your early morning MK bus driver that you need to go to TTC for the RPDE shuttle, (s)he will likely take you directly to TTC before or after that bus stops in the front-of-MK bus lot.

The early MK buses will also usually take guests directly to the Contemporary if they have Chef Mickey ADR's.
Just tell the driver what you need to do.
They can be very accommodating, especially in the early mornings.

The Shuttle runs between TTC (MK parking lot) and RPDE.

It can be boarded near the Pet Kennel at TTC.

Thanks. Sounds like the OP would have to do TWO shuttles and ONE monorail ride first thing in the AM. Shuttle from Resort to MK, Monrail to TTC and then on to RPDE. If they need to be at RPDE by 7:30, so I don't think they would make it if they caught the resort shuttle at 6:45.

Too stressful for me, I still vote for a taxi.

Thanks. Sounds like the OP would have to do TWO shuttles and ONE monorail ride first thing in the AM. Shuttle from Resort to MK, Monrail to TTC and then on to RPDE. If they need to be at RPDE by 7:30, so I don't think they would make it if they caught the resort shuttle at 6:45.

Too stressful for me, I still vote for a taxi.

And I second the fact that you still vote for a cab.

:lmao:

Thanks to all! Looks like we will be doing the taxi option!
Don't want DH to miss (or even for a second think he would miss!)
his RPDE!!! :drive: :car:

I'd be really interested in a report on the RPDE. I've always wondered about it.
Do you think your DH would be willing to give us his impressions and overall
experience? :surfweb:

Thanks! Cheryl
Why don't you check with the Lobby Concierge at the resort - they will assist you with finding the best transportation option for your husband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter