Plus size dresses

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
They are both very nice - the black one would be my first choice too.

The black one.

I just plus size folks should stay away from those spandex knits (jmo), but I'm plus sized too and that spandex can really show stuff you don't want to show.

BTW full discolsure, I bought the black dress to wear to my daughter's cotillion that is for parents too.

The black one.

I just plus size folks should stay away from those spandex knits (jmo), but I'm plus sized too and that spandex can really show stuff you don't want to show.

BTW full discolsure, I bought the black dress to wear to my daughter's cotillion that is for parents too.

What did you do bra wise? That was my concern with the black.

I prefer the black one also. If you are a little on the short side, like myself, I think the style is better.

How formal is the Bar Mitzvah? The black one is pretty dressy. Will you be overdressed in that? I like them both, I think either would work but the first one is not quite as dressy and might be more appropriate if the event isn't formal.

I'll be the lone dissenter. - I love the color of the first one!

Nope, I'll join you. I LOVE the burgundy colour and it's a refreshing change from black. You can see another picture of the first dress on a larger model at the top of the 'dresses' webpage.

I think my final decision, though, would depend on your body shape. If you carry your weight below your waist, then the waist-ruffle in the first dress might draw too much attention to your hips. However, if you are evenly proportioned or top-heavy, then I think the dress would be my first choice based on colour and style.

The bra issue might be a deal-breaker for the second dress for me; I need my girls well-supported, and strapless bras are uncomfortable and just don't do the job. If the sheer fabric is dark enough to hide a nude-coloured bra strap (or if you can find a good quality bra with clear straps) then I think it could be a beautiful choice, too. :goodvibes

No way would I wear that dress with the peplum. Unless you are a rail thin there is no way I would add bunchy fabric around my waist that fluffs out over my butt. It will just addd girth in a places you really don' need it.

It depends on your shape. If you're a pear, something curvy will work, if you're an apple, I would go with a-line or an empire waist.

I also love the color of the first dress!

No way would I wear that dress with the peplum. Unless you are a rail thin there is no way I would add bunchy fabric around my waist that fluffs out over my butt. It will just addd girth in a places you really don' need it.

Totally agree!!!! Fluffy stuff around your middle is ICK.

Go black and get a new bra at Victoria's Secret if you need it. Time to shop!!!

I liek the black one. It's simple, elegant, and can be dressed up or down with accessories.

Ok update- You talked me out of both of them (new bra is an issue as I am a size G cup :scared1:so no cute tiny VS ones for me) I opted with a grey skirt this one to be exact

http://www.talbots.com/online/brows...t&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70012

and will wear it with a navy cashmere short sleeved cardigan I have with jewel buttons(sounds tacky but it's very subdued it was a Talbots sweater)

now to find shoes! I figured I would get more use out of the pencil skirt anyway.
Thanks for all the opinions you helped me not make a terrible mistake!

I like the black dress. I think the peplum on the first one would add extra volume to your hips and most plus size women don't want that.

I think you said that you wouldn't mind other suggestions so I am including a link for my go to nice occasion dress.

http://www.misook.com/womens/sleeveless-sheath-dress/

This dress costs more but it fits fantastic. The material is knit with just enough weight that it doesn't show off any bulges. It is very forgiving of figure flaws. I pair this dress with a dressy or sparkly jacket/sweater to dress it up for more formal occasions. It can also be dressed down. The dress can be washed and drip dried. It also doesn't wrinkle. I think the higher price is because of the quality of knit.

Just in case anyone needs a quick tip in relation to this discussion~ I had to go to a charity ball last year(for DH's work-not a usual hangout for us:lmao:) and my dress had a lacy topcoat with a camisole type top underneath. I got a bra from Lane Bryant that had clear straps(you can also wear it strapless) and it was perfect. I am a big girl with big girls so there was no going without -wouldn't want to scare the pants off of all those high society folks!!!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter