• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plug Adaptors/Converters in Asia

LostWendy

Earning My Ears
I looked through all the postings here under "Tokyo Disneyland" and didn't see this as a topic, but I apologize if this has been posted under a different topic somewhere else on Disboards.

I plan on going to both Tokyo and Hong Kong Disney this May and am trying to find the best adaptor and converter for my electronics. I plan on bringing my camera battery charger, my iPod charger, and my Kindle charger. (All hotels I'll be staying in have hair dryers, so I don't need to worry about that.)

I've read that Japanese plugs require two prongs of the same length, and my plugs look to be like that, but obviously I'm worried that if I don't bring an adaptor, I might be stuck with no way of recharging things.

Hong Kong, I've seen requires 3 prongs in their plugs.

For those of you that have been either place, what adaptors and converters do you recommend? Did they work well for you?

Thanks! :thumbsup2
LostWendy

I am from the US and don't recall needing any kind of adaptors for Japan; if you are not from the US, you may need one.

Otherwise, I have an all-in-one converter/adaptor that I got at Target which has served me well all over the world. I actually got it after I visited Hong Kong- the one I had before only accepted a 2 prong plug as an input (which didn't work for my laptop which had a 3 prong plug- d'oh) but I was able to borrow adaptors from my hotels for that trip.

I definitely recommend one that has all the external plugs built in as opposed to separate pieces because they are easier to use, and you also don't need to worry about losing any small pieces. I'd link to the one I have but I don't see it on Target's site.

BelleBway is correct - if you are from the US, you will not need a converter in Japan (unless your item has three prongs).

I have gotten my world converters from Brookstone. They have more than one model and average about $25 - $35 (rough recollection).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter