brunch at Grand Floriadian Cafe
dinner at California Grill

MK day:
breakfast at Crystal Palace
early supper at Boma's, then back to MK for Wishes

Epcot day:
breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
early supper at Living Seas

I have heard some great and some dreadful reports on Living Seas but my DD adores watching fish! She watched "Finding Nemo" at 3 months in the theater through the whole thing and never looked back.
Would it be better to do a lunch here and have dinner at Le Cellier, Marrakesh or Rose and Crown?

Still on my list - Círicos (can never seem to eat here - gas leak last time, fully booked due to functions this year) and 'Ohana

Please let me know what you think - thanks!
Cheers.

I've also read some bad reviews of Coral Reef, but like you I'm going for the fish. I think lunch might be cheaper but you need to look at the menus. I saw them posted somewhere. I think it was allearsnet. But unlike you I'm doing Coral Reef for lunch just in case and Chefs de France for dinner. I don't want to end the day on a bad meal.

Oh, and I had a student who went to WDW for spring break tell me that Marrakesh was awesome.

Marrakesh!::yes::

The Coral Reef is not NEARLY as good as red lobster and 10x expensive!

Honestly? When were you there? Should I change my PS? Is it at least worth it for the fish?

We're on the silver plan and it will cost us two wishes a piece even for lunch.

CharlesandCamilla - You will LOVE Chefs de France!

We will change our reservation to lunch. Can you see the fireworks from Marrakesh? If not, anyone know when the fireworks start so we can be done dionner by then?

Start time varies some, but I'm guessing 9 pm is when they'll start. I think there's only a couple restaurants in WS that you can see the fireworks from. I know one is the Rose and Crown, but I can't recall the other one is for sure. I think it's Bistro de Paris.

I'll start another thread.

I think there's only a couple restaurants in WS that you can see the fireworks from. I know one is the Rose and Crown, but I can't recall the other one is for sure. I think it's Bistro de Paris.

Yes, the R&C is a perfect place to dine and see Illuminations. You can probably see some of it from both the Bistro and outside the Matsu No Ma Lounge. The San Angel Inn is the other hot spot and people stake out tables early (it's counter service). You can't see Illuminations from Marrakesh since it is located at the back of the pavillion and has no windows.

Originally posted by CharlesandCamilla
I've also read some bad reviews of Coral Reef, but like you I'm going for the fish.
Really, the fish are not that great an attraction. Our children--2 and 4 at the time--lost interest 5 minutes after being seated, and we sat right next to the tank.:rolleyes:

We've been to coral reef and really enjoyed it. I also read alot of bad reviews here but we tried it anyway and loved it. The food was excellent and the ambience can't be beat. Try the lobster bisque ..... it is very good.

The San Angel Inn is the other hot spot and people stake out tables early (it's counter service).

The San Angel Inn is the full service restaurant inside the Mexico pavilion. The Cantina de San Angel is the outdoor counter service dining with the Illuminations view.

Could make a difference if you're looking up menus or something.

Coral Reef.... hmmm.. where do I begin!? I think they are WAY overpriced for the food they serve. Twentyseven dollars for Grilled Shrimp? Please! Dunno, when hubby and I went on our honeymoon, the place was recommended to us, so we went. Being from Maryland, we are used to good seafood, and were greatly disappointed with the place. On the upside, the atmosphere was nice though.

Thanks all. I've switched my lunch to Le Cellier. It's only slightly less expensive and on the silver plan it's only one wish per.

1900 - we went for breakfast once and realy enjoyed it. Would do again. Pretty restaurant and food was good.

Okay I agree about Coral Reef - we didn't like it at all. The atmosphere is nice and cool (as in refreshing) feeling. There are booths around the upper tier, so viewing the tank is okay anywhere in the restaurant if I remember right. The food & service were awful tho. Maybe for a light lunch just to check it out, but I wouldn't sink $$ into much more just in case.

That's the only 2 I can comment on. I have heard nothing but great reviews about California Grill. We are planning to try it next month. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter