plexiglass balcony

THEDISNEYSHEALYS

Earning My Ears
I am about to book a family stateroom on Disney Magic. I would like to book toward the front of the boat, Deck 8, Cat 4. I want a plexiglass balcony instead of a solid balcony. Can anyone tell me which rooms have a plexiglass balcony. I'm afraid my 3 year old wouldn't be able to see over the top of the solid balcony.

I'm pretty sure that all of the Cat. 4's will have the plexiglass railings. I think the only ones that have the solid wall ones are the Cat. 6 & 7's and they're all in the aft (rear) section.

I'm pretty sure that all of the Cat. 4's will have the plexiglass railings. I think the only ones that have the solid wall ones are the Cat. 6 & 7's and they're all in the aft (rear) section.

We had a category 6, it had a plexiglass balcony.

Now I'm confused. :upsidedow

I thought a Cat 6 had a plexiglass balcony and the only "solid" ones were classified "Navigator's". Am I wrong? We're thinking of booking a balcony next time and we were considering Cat 6, aft. We definitely want plexiglass, not a solid wall!

I'd just like to add an additional question to my concerns above :)

Category 5 -- are they all plexiglass??? This might make the decision between Cat 5 and 6 easier............. ;)

The Cat 6's that are AFT of the Cat 7's have the solid wall railing - they're the ones furthest back on the ship. The ones that are FORWARD of the Cat 7's are the clear plexiglass ones. It's really just a handful of Cat 6's that have the solid wall. Try looking at the castawayclub.com website (can't insert the link anymore for some reason). Anyway, it shows examples of each type of balcony + offers a photo of the outside of the ships so you can see where they're located. It will make more sense & you'll understand then........

Now I'm confused. :upsidedow

I thought a Cat 6 had a plexiglass balcony and the only "solid" ones were classified "Navigator's". Am I wrong? We're thinking of booking a balcony next time and we were considering Cat 6, aft. We definitely want plexiglass, not a solid wall!

Navigators are the ones with solid walls and the 'porthole' style opening - but behind those (aft on the ship) are some Cat6's that have solid wall verandahs.
If you look at a picture of the ship, you can see what we're talking about.
:)

ETA: too funny Annie - we posted pretty much the same time! lol

I'd just like to add an additional question to my concerns above :)

Category 5 -- are they all plexiglass??? This might make the decision between Cat 5 and 6 easier............. ;)

Just look at the deck plans & pick a Cat 6 cabin number that's forward of the Cat 7's. Those Cat 6's should have the clear plexiglass.:thumbsup2

Thank you!!

I found another thread here on page 2 about this very same topic, so I bumped it back up. Everyone's been very helpful :) :)

We had a category 6, it had a plexiglass balcony.

Wow. 3 1/2 years after the cruise, I just pulled out the Disney brochure and found out we actually had a category 5, not 6. 7604. Sorry. We booked a category 10 and got upgraded a week before our cruise for free, I just never actually looked to see what category it was.
So disregard my comment about category 6, since I was speaking about category 5

We stay in a cat 5 - deck 7 and it had a solid wall. Which was in the aft section # 7632.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter