• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pleasure Island?

jsweeks@cogeco.ca

<font color=teal>Can you swim in the ocean?<br><fo
:banana: Does anyone know when the night clubs on Pleasure Island will be re opening? :cool1:

I don't believe they are.

"Walt Disney World Resort will be completely "re-imagining" Downtown Disney, with new shopping, dining and other experiences including a completely re-imagined Pleasure Island. Also planned are numerous enhancements to popular Downtown Disney locations, as well as additional theming and storytelling brought to life by Walt Disney Imagineers. Over the next year, the 120-acre entertainment-shopping-dining complex will add a number of one-of-a-kind, immersive experiences for guests. Downtown Disney will even get its own iconic attraction, in the form of a giant, tethered balloon that will take guests 300 feet into the air to view the amazing vistas of Walt Disney World Resort. Other new experiences include:
-- In fall 2008, guests will enter a world of prehistoric creatures at T-Rex: A Prehistoric Family Adventure. The dinosaur-themed family eatery will serve up pizzas, pastas, seafood and more, and will feature life-size animated dinosaurs that dwell among bubbling geysers, waterfalls and a fossil dig site.

-- Also this fall, a design-your-own t-shirt store from Hanes will add to the growing collection of merchandise guests can personalize at Downtown Disney.

-- E-brands Restaurants, an Orlando-based, multi-concept restaurant group, will premier its newest concept at Downtown Disney in spring 2009. The high-energy, casual eatery will feature authentic Central and South American cuisine, specialty drinks and live music along the waterfront.

To make way for the new offerings, all of the clubs currently on Pleasure Island will close on September 27, 2008. Other locations on Pleasure Island, including Raglan Road, Fuego by Sosa Cigars, Curl by Sammy Duval, Orlando Harley-Davidson and outdoor food and beverage locations, will remain open during the transition.".........All Ears

They will not be re opening the clubs they are making way for more shopping and food. They are going to lease out the spaces to shops and restaurants and not running them on their own similar to T REX and Rainforest and Bongos etc.

But, I just want to mention the Adventurers Club looks completely untouched. Here's to hopin it re-opens!!!!!!!!!!

But, I just want to mention the Adventurers Club looks completely untouched. Here's to hopin it re-opens!!!!!!!!!!

After January it too will be forever gone ...

We were there in October and saw that there was something going on inside, so went up to the door and asked if we could go in and take pictures of the inside. The gal at the door said no as there was a private party going on. She went on to say that they were honoring private parties until January and then it would be closed for good.

It is untouched because there are still private parties booked there. Once those are finished, word is it will be gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter