• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pleasure island/downtown disney

aimee08

Earning My Ears
hey guys! So im new at this and my dad introduced me to DIS and I think it's great! But, the last time I was in Disney was in 2002 when I was 12 and when we go next year I'm going to 18. I've heard that you have to be 21 to go to any nightclubs now and I'm afraid I won't have anything to do at night in either pleasure island or downtown disney. Any suggestions or ideas for people around my age to do??

I'm pretty sure you can go to Pleasure Island. I found this info just doing a google search:

all guests must be 21 or older to enter Mannequins Dance Palace and BET Soundstage Club on select nights.

Hi there aimee08! Welcome to the DISboards!! Glad to have you aboard! So your afraid of not havin anything to do when you go to downtown Disney? Ok, well I dont think that will be an issue anymore! There is a ton, and I mean a ton of stuff to do at Downtown Disney Marketplace, Pleasure Island and West Side areas.

I will start off will pleasue Island, because it sounds to me like you would rather be at PI. So well whoever told you that clubs at PI are for only 21 and over is incorrect! There are some clubs at PI that you have to 18 and over. I believe you said that you will be 18 by then, correct? So that is a good sign for you so far! Just to let you know i'm 18. As far as i know, the clubs are pretty sweet too!!!! woohoo! lol. But, believe me, no part of downtown disney is "really" boring. West Side has alot of stuff to do as well. Shops, dining, interactive stuff too! PI is strictly night clubs, dining & shopping. Marketplace is primarily shopping & dining! But still you have alot of areas to explore at downtown Disney.

Have no fear, you will have tons and tons to do while your here! Well I hope this has helped you and if there's anything else I can do, please don't hesitate to ask! Have A Magical Day!

Shane

"Share A Dream Come True"

:mickeyjum pluto: :goofy: :smickey:

They did change age requirements. Last year I was down with my cousin and he was 19 and we could get into all of them as I recall. I read now that the age is 21 on all the clubs except the adventurers club and the comedy place. Even with that, there is a lot of stuff to see and do in downtown disney. Disney Quest is fun for almost any age too.

as of jan 1, 2007, yes, it's 21 minimum. i'm pretty sure

ETA: age policy as per disney

# Admission required to enter Pleasure Island nightclubs. Guests must be 21 years of age or older with acceptable forms of identification to enter BET SoundStage Club, 8TRAX, Mannequins Dance Palace, Motion and Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a person 21 years of age or older to enter Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse. Valid photo I.D. required. All Clubs are non-smoking.

GO TO ADVENTURER's CLUB... and if you go on a Thursday night, that is when all of the college kids go from the CP (it is payday and they get in free) so the crowd would be more your style. it is fun even if you are not dancing, etc.

I just turned 21 last year and I have been going to adv club for much longer than that. It is incredibly funny and a lot of fun.

Also, even if you don't get into the dance clubs, hanging out on PI on Thursdays is still fun. The streets are packed with kids your age.

ok thanks guys for all the input!! i definitley think i will find something to do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter