Please vote! Which WS restaurant for lunch?!

Which of these WS restaurant for lunch??

• Coral Reef

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Nine Dragons

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Chefs de France

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
I still can't make up my mind where we should have lunch at during our morning/lunch time at Epcot.

We definitely want table service.

On our evening at Epcot we're doing a traditional favorite, Teppen Edo.

We've already done, and don't want to repeat, the following:

Restaurant Marrakesh
Le Cellier
Biergarten

We don't want Italian food. We're doing Mama Melrose on this trip, and we also have excellent Italian restaurants nearby in Boston, not to mention my DH's own homemade Italian dishes.

Rose and Crown is out, and we're not interested in Mexican food.

So.... that basically leaves the Coral Reef, Nine Dragons, or Chefs de France. We've always thought that we "hated French cuisine" but I see things on their menu that I know we'll like.

Please let me know what you like or dislike about these 3 restaurants. We like good food but also appreciate good atmosphere. Thanks in advance! :)

P.S. On this trip, we're also doing California Grill, Narcoossee's, 'Ohana for dinner, Kona Cafe for breakfast and dinner, Sci-Fi Dine In, Mama Melrose's, Spirit of Aloha Luau, Yak & Yeti, Be Our Guest, and Plaza Restaurant.

P.P.S. No dining plan constraints to worry about.

I totally agree on the Italian in Boston, and now am missing home thinking about it! We went to Chefs de France and really liked it, but it's been a few years. I can't comment on Nine Dragons as I haven't been there. Coral Reef just didn't do it for me, though I loved being able to look at the tank.

We've eaten at all of them (ND multiple times) and my vote is for Coral Reef. The menu has improved in recent years and the atmosphere has the biggest "wow" factor of the three. Food wise, we like Nine Dragons the most.

I'm not a fan of Chefs. So-so food, unfriendly service, and super cramped seating, in our experience.

I liked Katsura Grill when I ate there last year, but if you are doing Teppan Edo later maybe that is too much. If you were open to going out through the International Gateway then that opens up options along the Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club and the Swan and Koi. Crew's Cup is a favorite.

We have done all three and would probably go with Chefs. We have done both lunch and dinner there and really enjoy a light lunch with a little wine. We have had good luck with the service but apparently it can be "spotty".

We also enjoyed Coral Reef ... Bloves is correct ... it does have a great "wow" atmosphere. If you can get a table next to the tank it could be a really great experience.

Nine Dragons for us was he least "exciting". We love Chinese food but have great restaurants at home and do indulge often so it is not really a unique experience for us.

They are all good choices so you really can't go wrong!

Thanks for all of the votes so far!! Anyone else want to vote or comment?? :surfweb:

The atmosphere at Coral Reef is amazing. We also had a great meal while we were there.

We have yet to go to Nine Dragons... we have reservations there this summer and I can't wait to try it!

Honestly I enjoy the "bakery" more in France than the French TS meals. They've always been hit or miss for us...

I haven't tried any of these three restaurants, so no experience, but I would love to try Chef de France.

I've tried all 3 and out of the 3 Nine Dragons is my favorite for lunch. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Coral Reef is nine, but it was pricey and the meals were a bit heavy for lunchtime.
Chef de France is delicious, but loud because of the set up. It wasn't exactly a relaxing lunch.
9 Dragons is also very good, although limited on variety. But it's quite and the food is tasty.

Chefs de France is one of my favorite spots, specifically for lunch. There is a prixe fixe menu that I enjoy (have never been on the dining plan so can't evaluate it in that context). But for me the warm baguette, onion soup, croque Monsieur and dessert -- plus champagne-- is fantastic. Added bonus if seated at a window for people watching.

I still can't make up my mind where we should have lunch at during our morning/lunch time at Epcot.

We definitely want table service.

On our evening at Epcot we're doing a traditional favorite, Teppen Edo.

We've already done, and don't want to repeat, the following:

Restaurant Marrakesh
Le Cellier
Biergarten

We don't want Italian food. We're doing Mama Melrose on this trip, and we also have excellent Italian restaurants nearby in Boston, not to mention my DH's own homemade Italian dishes.

Rose and Crown is out, and we're not interested in Mexican food.

So.... that basically leaves the Coral Reef, Nine Dragons, or Chefs de France. We've always thought that we "hated French cuisine" but I see things on their menu that I know we'll like.

Please let me know what you like or dislike about these 3 restaurants. We like good food but also appreciate good atmosphere. Thanks in advance! :)

P.S. On this trip, we're also doing California Grill, Narcoossee's, 'Ohana for dinner, Kona Cafe for breakfast and dinner, Sci-Fi Dine In, Mama Melrose's, Spirit of Aloha Luau, Yak & Yeti, Be Our Guest, and Plaza Restaurant.

P.P.S. No dining plan constraints to worry about.

Just a head up when we ate at Mama Melrose it was nasty. Chefs de France was good when we ate there for lunch, excellent service and food. Others we have not done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter