Please tell me there is a way around this?!

Thank you all so much - you've all been so helpful:)

So... Having pieced together all of your really great advice, I think the least stressful thing will be for us to go to Disney Springs the evening before, have dinner and collect our annual passes. Then if we leave the Portofino at 6.15am, I think we should get to the Polynesian for 6.45am. If we can then check in and get our magic Bands we could be on the ferry for 7.15am & across to MK for 7.30am - does that sound feasible? Or should we leave Universal even earlier?

ETA - actually ive just re-read Robo's info properly - so really it's best in my case to wait until we get to MK to activate my pass if I want it to last as long as possible in 2017. Is there a ticket booth at the TTC that will be open at 6.45am? Or is MK guest relations my only option?

Last edited:
If you purchase an AP at Guest Services on Disney's property, it is an activated pass. If you purchase one online or over the phone, you get a voucher and that will not get activated until you convert to a pass at guest services. At least thst is whst has been told to me on the phone. I'm a FL resident, if a FL resident does the monthly payment, that is also active date of purchase as well, even if purchased online.

ETA - actually ive just re-read Robo's info properly - so really it's best in my case to wait until we get to MK to activate my pass if I want it to last as long as possible in 2017. Is there a ticket booth at the TTC that will be open at 6.45am?

The TTC ticket booths begin opening between 7:00 and 7:30 on a day when the regular park opening time is 9:00am. The 7am shift opens the booths as soon as they receive their starting till funds.

The TTC ticket booths begin opening between 7:00 and 7:30 on a day when the regular park opening time is 9:00am. The 7am shift opens the booths as soon as they receive their starting till funds.
Thank you for this - are you able to collect annual passes from there too then? Or does that have to be done at guest services at MK?

We're perfectly capable of activating annual pass certificates in the ticket booths, yes. :)

Sorry I didn't mean to imply you weren't, lol!! I just wasn't sure whether you were allowed to - everything I seem to be reading seems to suggest that I have to collect my annual passes at either Disney springs or one of the parks Guest relation booths - I thought it seemed odd that you couldn't collect it at the TTC, as I thought the Ticket part of TTC kind of lends itself to it!!

Thank you for confirming.

No offense taken! A lot of folks seem to think Guest Relations is the only place that can actually do anything, so I just like to correct that misconception! :) You can certainly activate APs at Guest Relations, but you don't have to - and they often (not always) have longer lines than we do at the ticket booths.

Things that only GR can do - Early ticket check-in for packages, things involving the DAS, selling Tables in Wonderland, etc.

No offense taken! A lot of folks seem to think Guest Relations is the only place that can actually do anything, so I just like to correct that misconception! :) You can certainly activate APs at Guest Relations, but you don't have to - and they often (not always) have longer lines than we do at the ticket booths.

Things that only GR can do - Early ticket check-in for packages, things involving the DAS, selling Tables in Wonderland, etc.

That's great news! And will hopefully make my day a lot easier, as it sounds as though we will be heading to the TTC after we check in at the poly, to get the ferry across to MK - so it seems we've gone from thinking we have nowhere to collect our annual passes open early enough on our EMM, to having two choices!! Terrific!! :)

just an FLY things take longer then you think so give your self a little more time then you think you need. but it sounds like you have a great plan

just an FLY things take longer then you think so give your self a little more time then you think you need. but it sounds like you have a great plan
Thank you - hopefully if we are packed and ready to leave Portofino - I'm hoping 6am from there will be good - otherwise I think everyone will think I'm making them get up in the middle of the night!! Lol!!

I always activate my annual pass at TTC. The TTC is literally right next door to the poly, and you can walk from the lobby to TTC in 10 minutes ( less if you walk at a brisk rate)

If you have your old magic bands & are still the same party traveling with the same My Disney Experience account(s) then you can get straight on with the fun stuff.

Love the Poly, and as the PP said, so convenient for the TTC - I'd recommend walking there to get the monorail to Epcot too. You'll have a blast I'm sure :goodvibes

OP, you really do not need to go to TTC to get to MK from the Poly. You are incorporating a lot of extra travel time into your morning plans. The monorail and/or boat will be running from Poly to MK. They have to offer a way for guests to access the early morning magic event and they will accomodate you. Guest Services will be open at MK when you arrive in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter