• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please tell me more about other websites like www.fairfieldgetaways.com ?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
This thread is inspired by Heather Smith.

I found post reply by Heather Smith below:

Heather Smith said:
It's a Fairfield timeshare, that is on property surrounded by Disney (not on Disney). It's new and there is still a lot of construction going on. I've been there and it is a nice resort. Probably most people who stay there are either Fairfield owners, traded in through RCI, or rented from owner as the resort still has limited availability. You could try Redweek or Skyauction. Also Fairfield has a website www.fairfieldgetaways.com with packages to Orlando that involve doing a timeshare presentation.

I would like to find more websites like www.fairfieldgetaways.com .

It has some of the same deals that I found on some other sites, but without the extra fee of a go between person.

Can you share any other sites that offer getaways or special deals that come directly from the owner business?

Sincerely, Ray

Marriott has similar deals but they makle you search for them:

www.marriott.com

Go to Specials and Packages
Select Orlando as the City
Florida as the State
Select Hotel specials and packages

Be sure to read the description closely—most are for 3 nights stays—if you enter travel dates of less than 3 or more than 3 it will tell you it’s unavailable.

When you open a package, click on the “rate rules”. There will be a tollfree number for you to call and get a discount on the package (in return for the timeshare tour)
RateInformation: MUST STAY 3 NIGHTS ONLY Rate Information

******* WALT DISNEY WORLD SPECIAL VISA 3 NT PACKAGE *********

INCLUDES 3 NIGHTS IN A GUEST ROOM AND 2 ADULT TICKETS
GOOD FOR ONE DAY AT ANY OF THE 4 DISNEY WORLD THEME PARKS.
GUEST RECIEVES 15PCT OFF WHEN USING A VISA CARD.
**** PACKAGE PRICE REFLECTS 15 PCT DISCOUNT *****
**** IF CUSTOMER INQUIRES ABOUT $150.00 OFF PACKAGE PRICE ****
*** PLEASE HAVE THEM CALL 1-800-VILLAS-9 BETWEEN THE HOURS ***
*** OF 8AM - 11PM MONDAY - FRIDAY OR 10AM - 8PM SAT/SUN ****

http://marriott.com/specials/mesOffer.mi?marrOfferId=63236&displayLink=true

or try these:

http://www.discounthotels.cc

http://www.timeshareorlando.com

Thank you for all of the info Belle1962. I remember when you gave everyone the heads up years ago for the great $20.00 daily rate at the previous downtown disney Marriott hotel. What a deal that was. They used to give daily rate specials based on the year, like $20.00 for the year 2000 and so forth.

Anyone else have a website like the www.fairfieldgetaways.com

The only timeshare visits I've done were at OL and DisneyVacation...how much pressure are you under from the sales people at these places...does anyone know? Or if you've taken the tour...was it a good experience?
Barb

I own lots of timeshares (all resales). I go to lots of timeshare presentations to check out potential acquistions and of course to get whatever they are willing to give me.

They've got 90 to 120 minutes (depending on jurisdiction) to hassle me, then I politely say no thank you and head for the gifting area. They can only be as pushy as you allow them to be.

janethill said:
I own lots of timeshares (all resales). I go to lots of timeshare presentations to check out potential acquistions and of course to get whatever they are willing to give me.

They've got 90 to 120 minutes (depending on jurisdiction) to hassle me, then I politely say no thank you and head for the gifting area. They can only be as pushy as you allow them to be.

Do you think you could post some of the links you have used? :banana:

I have booked through www.etourandtravel.com. I also am a member of Interval International and I sometimes get getaways through advertisements in their magazine. Many times though when I am at Disney (always stay at a timeshare offsite), I just happen by one of those booths along the main drag through Kiss.... and inquire as to what they are offering up. I will admit that I only do this on a rainy day, when I would otherwise just be sitting in a condo watching tv. My husband sometimes gets a little uptight, but I just tell him it's this or shopping. He loathes shopping, so he figures he may as well get some attraction tickets for his misery. Last trip I got 4 Universal 2 day passes for $20 to go tour Wyndam Palms.

Many times though unless you to off season, they will put you up in a hotel room, rather than at the resort. They will then use this a a selling strategy --"wouldn't you rather be here than in a hotel room"?

Just was in Williamsburg where I got $100 Busch Bucks for touring Sunterra's Greenspring Plantation one rainy afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter