• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please tell me it won't be a madhouse!

Crazy Kanga

DIS Veteran
We are leaving Saturday, and I am really concerned about crowds. Anyone there now or just back please prepare me for what to expect. Is it summer like crowds, spring break like or less. I really need to be prepared.

My WDW motto is prepare for the worst and hope for the best!!

Crowd patterns change so often down there. We leave tomorrow and the little bit of checking I have done, it looks like part of the week will be fairly quiet and the next half, starting about the 6th or 7th will start to get busy.

But then you don't know about the local sitituation, so it is just very hard to predict.

It can't be as bad as on Christmas or in mid summer, but I plan on those kinds of crowds, so I don't get upset when I see mass amounts of people and am usually pretty happy when we get there and find low crowds.

Fall is usually quieter, but with the FTP who really knows?

Have a great trip tho!

Pammy

I am leaving on Saturday too. I don't think it will be that crowdwd until Thursay 9th. It might get bad from then on until the 14th. However, I guarantee you that if you show up early in the parks and use fastpass efficiently, you will get most of what you need done. It has worked on Christmas day and New Years day twice, so I doubt it won't work in October.

Have a great trip. See you there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,
We are just back from our land and sea we spent the 22nd thru 25th at wdw, this was our first visit to orlando but I can tell you this:
The longest we ever waited for any ride was 30-40min, this was for rides at MK in Fantasy land.
Only time we had to wait 30 min for other rides was because splash mountian, and Rocken Roller was closed in the am so the lines got backed up when it did open.
Most rides, MS, Test track, space mountian, were 5-15min wait, we went on MS got off and went right back on (BTW I don't recommend doing this ride back to back, need to wait a while to get your legs back under you)
Restaurants were not busy even at peak lunch times, there was always tables available.

Any questions just ask
Will definately go again in Sept

WE just got back too! Spent September 22-26th hopping around the world plus Islands of Adventure. No madhouse!

We rode everything with the maximum wait being 5-10 minutes, most everything else was a walk-on and even ride again right away. Many of the seats on the rides and the boats on Splash Mountain were going through empty.

The Winnie the Pooh ride was the only thing we got fast passes for and I could have done without that ride since my youngest is 9. Stroller congestion and of course, character congestion, but other than that, I was impressed with the no lines!!!

Hey Crazy Kanga! We're leaving Saturday too! Are you flying out of B'ham? Maybe I'll see you at the airport! We're flying SouthWest :)

I have the same concerns you do, but I'm taking Pammy's advice to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. I've already seen the weather forecast improve dramatically (DH said I shouldn't look so far in advance, but I needed to know whether to bring jackets :)) and I have touring plans ready in case of crowds. Hopefully I won't need them :)

I hope we both have a magical trip - and you too, Joeblack!!

Laurie :)

we just got back 9/28. we had been there since 9/21. we did everything by going in on ee days. The crowds were not bad. They had extra help on and were open extra hours so most things were 5 or 10 min. wait. the fast pass was a big help.
so don't worry have a great time.
the weather forcast for the week looked great.

We also just returned after being in WDW from 9/21-9/26. The crowds were light the entire week. We took advantage of EE on some, but not all, days. In the morning, most rides were walk-on or a 5 minute wait. The biggest line we saw all week was 30 minutes for Tower of Terror in the late afternoon. Even Mission Space was a short line early in the morning, but I don't know how long it got later in the day. In fact, the crowds were so light that many Fastpass rides were not even using the Fastpass system. The Fastpass lines and machines were just closed, with no opportunity to use them.

Just got back 9/21-28. This was my first trip to the world so I have nothing to compare to. Initially I thought that the parks looked packed, then I realized there were no lines to anything. Guess I've been in Kansas too long! Mon- AK late for EMH(I know, I know!) Safari, kali, dinosaur, FOTLK and primevil whirl, all less than 5 min
Mon even-MGM fantasmic and RnR no waits, fantasmic did almost fill by show time. We arrived about 7:50 and sat in 2nd row, a little wet, but great view
Tues-MK- again appeared crowded, walked on everything

Wed-Epcot- MS, TT walk on, evening empty for illuminations

Thur- Blizzard Beach- longest line 5 min
Evening ate at 50's Prime time no ressies, waited 10 min for party of 7 (loved it!)

Fri- MK- a few more people, still did Fantasyland and toontown with no waits

Sat- MGM more crowded today. FP for RNR but didn't need it, rode 2 times in a row. TOT needed fast pass, by afternoon an 80 minute wait (remember one side down) Did millionaire, star tours without a wait
Sat night spectro absolutely packed! Waited for 10 pm show did sneak on splash about 9:20 with no wait

Hope this info helps!

Me too! Just got back on Sunday and the parks were DEAD! The hotel was even DEAD! The cast members were complaining they were bored! The longest lines were on an extra magic hour day at AK. I think I had to wait 15 minutes to get on the safari. Other than that, there were virtually no lines. We rode Splash Mountain again and again cuz it was a walk-on... so was Space Mountain! We went to MGM and Magic Kingdom on non early entry days. I highly recommend it! Have fun and relax!:smooth:

Just wanted to say hi to my fellow Alabamaians Laurie31 and Crazy Kanga. Hope you all enjoy your trips. I am getting excited about my upcoming one in December. I can't believe its been almost 4 months since I have been in the "world"!!:) ENJOY!!:)

Laurie31, We're driving down. Our first day in the parks will be Sunday. We are planning on doing AK first. Since we are staying off site, we will be avoiding EE days. Hope this works. I have been hearing conflicting reports on crowds though. Most people on this thread have said crowds were light, but others have said Oct. is supposed to be packed. I hope not, but we'll see.

Hey! Where did all you Alabamians come from. I've been on these boards for years and never seen more than one or 2 from AL.
Anyway, we had to cancel our trip, so I'm no help. My dear friend returns Sat night. I'll have a full report, but it will likely be too late for some of you.
Roll Tide!!!

Hi! Just wanted to say we are ALSO leaving Saturday, and staying until Sunday the 12th. I have also been following the weather forecast (looks alot better than it did a few days ago), and reading crowd predictions. What I did was schedule our top priorities early in the week to (hopefully) avoid the crowds. We do have MGM planned for Thursday and AK (day) and Epcot (night) on Saturday. I'm just hoping for the best; no matter how bad the crowds are we will still have a great time, and so will you!

There will be people, sure, so come on, it's WDW, have fun. I am wrapping a non-ftp trip around Columbus day and we're going to have a BALL!!!!

We are leaving in the morning! I am so excited, I'm all a twitter!

I think we are arriving early enough to check in (Coranado Springs) and make it to the MK for the parade. Let's just hope a room is ready when we get there!

Have fun, everyone, see you when I get back.

Cuchman:D :D

WOW!!! There's gonna be alot of us down there next week!!!! I am having the hardest time concentrating at work!!! WDW Here I Come!!!!!
Julie

Okay, this Alabamian had to chime in too and say that we are leaving this Wednesday and will be at WDW until the 11th. I don't expect crowds to get too bad until the middle of next week. I know of several families that will be going next week from North Alabama, but I don't think the crowds will be anything like summer crowds. I expect them to be like early May crowds - a little crowded at MK on certain days, but overall very manageable (sp?).

Also had to say to Blue Fairy & DisneyFan79 - WAR EAGLE!;) :rolleyes: :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter