Please tell me I'll be ok at POR!

bitohoney

DIS Veteran
I went to popwarner.com and saw that their dates are Dec 4-11.
I haven't booked yet but most likely my stay will be Dec 8-13. (Never been to WDW during Christmas time!) :banana:
I was considering an All Stars resort until I saw Pop Warner's dates. :eek: Now my heart is set on POR. Please tell me they won't be at POR? :worship: It didn't say on the website where they would be staying. Anyone know if they will be at POR and if POR is as bad as All Stars while they are there?

You will probably get a variety of answers here. Some people have zero problems with Pop Warner and others have. We were at POR last December and they did stay there. We will not stay there again during Pop Warner. The kids and adults were loud and obnoxious. The food court was very crowded in the morning as were the buses. The pools were also very crowded with high school kids. We wanted to relax in one of the quiet pools after a long park day. We ended up turning right back around because it was full of loud kids and chaperones drinking and not paying attention to the kids.

Per Guest Services - They will be at AS, overflow to POP for values and CBR and POR for mods. I have read of guests at FQ encountering them as well. In all honesty, I'd avoid those resorts like the plague. Sorry. How about CSR? It is decorated as well as any deluxe for the holidays!

Good luck and hope it works out fine.:goodvibes

UHHHH shucks! I have time to think about it although I REALLY want POR! :love: I read great things about it and Pop Warner has to go and ruin it. :sad2: I may chance it...or I just may give CSR a try. I have until June 11th, that's when I'm booking because that's my 180 day so I'm booking my package and ADRs that day. Hmmmm....:confused3

Here is a recent thread from 5/21/10 (about 4 pages back) on the subject.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2467523

My heart really goes out to families who don't read the DisBoard and unwittingly book the same hotels at the time when the Pop Warner groups are visiting. It's a shame Disney can't do something about all the unpleasantness they cause.

OMG!!!! WHAT or WHO IS POP WARNER!? My family will be staying onsite (havent figured out where yet thankfully) DECEMBER 4-11th. I am afraid now of those dates...we were looking at a moderate as well and possibly POP. I will have to look into this some more...

DisneyNV, I'm wondering the same things! I can't wait to check the responses. I'm going to that Pop Warner website. It sounds awful that Disney would allow such a disruptive crowd to affect others' vacations. Seems like they should make them "buy" an entire resort for their length of stay so other guests aren't bothered (or at least allow them to use only a portion of a resort).

So glad I found this thread! I haven't been to the world at Christmas time in a looooong time, and I finally convinced DH to go this year. I have changed our reservations three or four times already, and currently we are booked at CBR for December 4-10.... I think I might just look into changing resorts again. I figured there might be some crowds during that time, and was expecting that, but I don't want to have to worry about loud nights at the resort.... So thanks for posting that question :worship:

Pop Warner is a youth group of football players & cheerleaders. They have their championships each year at WDW in December. They usually stay at the All Stars and as a PP said...half of the moderates this year. I haven't experienced them, but have read things that make me not want to stay where they are. :scared1:
In my opinion, since they scare off so many loyal Disney guests, they should stay offsite or the CMs should really put their foot down and control the noise at the resorts. Again, I'm not speaking from experience but from what I read, it's scaring me away. :guilty:

Duh why didn't I think of this before but what if I change my dates to 10-15 Dec and Pop Warners dates are 4-11 Dec...will I be ok at POR then, if there's a possibility of a 1 night encounter with them? :confused::confused3

Duh why didn't I think of this before but what if I change my dates to 10-15 Dec and Pop Warners dates are 4-11 Dec...will I be ok at POR then, if there's a possibility of a 1 night encounter with them? :confused::confused3

Last year (and this year too) we arrived on the last day of Pop Warner (Saturday). We had NO encounters with Pop Warner kids except to pass them in the airport as they were waiting in line for security with all their pads and stuff as we we heading to ME. :thumbsup2

jb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter