Please tell me i was dreaming-Seagull@ Auchan?

chrisf1961

<font color=blue>Nurse! Take me to Paris nurse!<br
Myself and my daughter popped in there on the way back to the tunnel mainly because i wanted the loo and as i approchaced the tills i turned round and saw to my horror dead seagulls which had been stripped of there innards and flattened out lying on a bed of ice FOR SALE! OMG I NEARLY PUKED! :eek:
What in the name of god do the French need to kill and eat these for ? I was horrified,there was about 30 of them laid out with a promotion sign selling them for 2 euro 60 if i remember with a plastic seagull above advertizing them!
Feel sick just at the thought of this ,and what made matters worse they were only feet away from the tills ! Myself and my daughter came out of there absolutely staggered with what we had seen...has anyone any idea why the hell they eat these? Dear god the french are disgusting ................

The French don't eat seagulls :sad2:

What you saw sounds like dried salt cod/morue séchée which while I'll agree looks disgusting and imho tastes so too is not a dead bird.

It's very popular with the Portuguese community as it's a speciality there.

The French don't eat seagulls :sad2:

What you saw sounds like dried salt cod/morue séchée which while I'll agree looks disgusting and imho tastes so too is not a dead bird.

It's very popular with the Portuguese community as it's a speciality there.

Hi Carrie thanks on that ...so its not a bird????? im sure the display said seagull ? it was definatley a bird that was above like a plastic model ?

Carrie im 100% after just thinking about it that it was a dead bird

Why is it disgusting? We eat all sorts of birds in England, even Pigeons.

Don't see the difference myself.

Chris,

What did it say in French as it wouldn't have said seagull even if it's Auchan Calais :lmao:

The plastic seagull is there (rather unfortunately in your case) in the same way they could have had a plastic lobster or a shark, it's just advertising that it's fish/sea food. Don't they decorated fishmongers stalls anymore in England ?

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=morue sechee

They are not eaten here and you aren't going to find them in a supermarket rest assured :goodvibes

Chris,

What did it say in French as it wouldn't have said seagull even if it's Auchan Calais :lmao:

The plastic seagull is there (rather unfortunately in your case) in the same way they could have had a plastic lobster or a shark, it's just advertising that it's fish/sea food. Don't they decorated fishmongers stalls anymore in England ?

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=morue sechee

They are not eaten here and you aren't going to find them in a supermarket rest assured :goodvibes

Thankgoodness Carrie you have put my mind at rest !
Stupid French take the seagul down! Still strange folk imho..cant weigh them up at all ...........
I not sure about stalls over here ...i only go to pie shops lol ! :rotfl2:

Father in law used to sell cod cheeks and tongues, as well as fish heads. Most of it he sold south in England. I am sure some thought this was strange as haddock fillets is the most popular fish here.

Like others I enjoy the cusine in France and like their adage that if it runs, flys or swims then yum yum :goodvibes

Vive la difference :thumbsup2

Father in law used to sell cod cheeks and tongues, as well as fish heads. Most of it he sold south in England. I am sure some thought this was strange as haddock fillets is the most popular fish here.

Like others I enjoy the cusine in France and like their adage that if it runs, flys or swims then yum yum :goodvibes

Vive la difference :thumbsup2

I will stick to me roast tatties stuffing and veg thanks lol :rotfl2:

:confused3 am I the only one who thinks the pic looks nowt like a squashed / flattened seagull ?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter