PLEASE Tell Me I Made the Right Move?

minniemmom

Mouseketeer
I am hoping to get the reassurance I need!!!! I switched our Christmas reservations from BW Standard and BC Standard to AKL Savannah View and GF Garden View. I hope I did the right thing since this is a surprise trip (Christmas gift) for 2 DS's. Their dream is to stay at the GF, however, after reading several posts lately I'm not so sure we won't be disappointed (?). Of course I'm not expecting a "perfect" trip, but I certainly want it to be special and will do anything "we" can to make Christimas at WDW special for them (They're older; 12 & 15). But the airconditioning thing has me baffled. Can anyone PLEASE advise? I appreciate any and all comments! Thank Heaven for this board!
:confused:

From what everyone says I think you and the kids would love it at AKL. I have eaten at Boma's and wandered around. It's a beautiful resort and even our short experience was great.

One of the hazards of reading this board is the tendency to second guess yourself. So just STOP IT!

The GF and AKL are both wonderful resorts and your family will have a great vacation.

Every resort has a problem at some time and every resort will have some guests who have a less than optimal experience. Nothing is perfect all the time! If you make decisions based on a few bad reports, you will NEVER go anywhere.

FWIW, even though people who have a bad experience generally tell more people than those who have a good experience, there are far more GOOD reports on this board than bad ones.

You made a good decision. You will have a great trip. Now just start concentrating on how much fun it's going to be when your sons hear the news.

Best wishes (and NO MORE SECOND GUESSING)!

I'm sure that AKL is lovely and you would have a wonderful stay there as well as the GF. However, staying at Epcot resorts allows you to be so close to two parks, Epcot is literally right around the corner, that walk is so nice. And Disney Studios, just a water taxi or a 20 minute walk away. Although I would love to stay at another resort, the Epcot resorts are top notch and offer so much. Just my opinion though. Have a great time!:D

Thanks so much for all your replies! I know I shouldn't second guess myself! I'm sticking to what I've reserved and will make this the most magical trip we've ever taken!

You guys are the best!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter