Please tell me I made a good choice!!!

Overheard on The Dreams Jan. 2, 4-day, while waiting for an elevator...
1 guy to another, I'm not about to tell the wife how much fun I'm having!!! :cool1: other guy: I hear ya man, this is cool s*** :lmao:

Ok That is funny!!! Thanks for the laugh! :thumbsup2

I think you will have fun. We went on our first cruise last summer and loved it!

However...I think that if you want to avoid the crowds, a little research can help you out, just like at WDW. For example, before we cruised I read over and over on the DIS boards about how crowded the pools are on sea days and you have to get there early to avoid the crowds. We utilized the pools around 9- 11 a.m. on our sea day and didn't think it was bad at all! Also, in the evenings the pools were practically empty. Same with the afternoon of our Nassau day. I also read that if you get to dinner even 5 minutes early, there is a huge crowd of people. So we waited to walk to dinner until just a few minutes after the dining room opened, the last of the crowd was just being seated and we had no wait.

Go to Shutters early on your last day.

I"m sure there are more tips, but those are the biggest ones I"m glad I knew. We were on the Dream when it was sold out, and I never felt like I was in a crowd.

We never had time to do some of the cool stuff on the Dream, like the Midship Detective Agency.

Thank you for these tips! They are great.

You will love it. Our family can't wait to be on The Fantasy in November. It will be great for you and yours. Remember though, you're going on a SHIP not a boat...you might have fun on a boat, but won't fit as many people or activities!

:lmao: I will try to remember that. Ship. Not boat. :thumbsup2

k3chantal said:
You actually have a bigger problem. You are going to love this! We went on our first cruise about 18 months ago and even before we were done; knew this was our favorite way to vacation. If you ask my 13 and 9 year old boys they would choose a cruise over going to WDW!

So relax; stay on Disboards because there is a lot to learn but stay away from the negative Nellies! It is a wonderful experience and well worth the money!

That's the smartest post yet! The OP does have a much bigger problem than not enjoying her cruise.....how to pay for the next three she's going to want to book!!!

I can count on one hand the number of people I've heard say they don't enjoy cruising, and I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with them, anyway! ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I guess its like with any vacation.. it is what you make of it. My family and I went on a vacation with another family recently. the very same trip for both families. They were miserable. complained and just didnt have a good time at all. US on the otherhand? We had a blast.
You have to go into it with the mindset that you are going to have a great time. Leave your expectations at the port. enjoy moments for what they are. dont expect to much from things and you will forever be pleasantly suprised.

We concur. We waited years to go on our first trip and loved it. Yes we had rough seas in hurricane season, but the captain and crew made sure we were safe and well cared for. In all honesty nobody does customer service like Disney, and the cruise feels like a notch above that. So relax enjoy your cruise and plan for your next one.

When I went on my first cruise (Norwegian) I HATED it! For every single reason you listed.

My Nana talked me into a Disney cruise this past may. I was looking forward to spending precious time with her but in the back of my head had all the thoughts you listed.

What an amazing (and completely different) experience I had! It was wonderful! GREAT FOOD! So much to do and choose from! Wonderful time off the ship.

It was completely opposite from the first dreadful cruise I took. I'm talking about going on another Disney cruise with my sister! Never thought I'd say I was a cruiser!

Don't worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter