Please tell me about your wedding or vow renewal

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
My cousin is renewing his vows on the Disney Dream this October and I would love to hear about your experience.

Also can you tell me what time you had your ceremony. He said it would be early afternoon but I'm not sure what time that would be.

What would you like to know? We got married on the Magic in this past OCt.

DCL can and will change things around to fit the ships schedule, for weather or other activities.

1st. There is a small ceremony at a designated spot on the ship, before the ship leaves port. This is where you are legally married. For us it was infront of the Walt Disney Theatre. The actual ceremony is another day. Deck 7 is the primary location on the Magic and Wonder, with 1 of the lounges designated as a back up, in case of weather. You dont really get a choice of times for the ceremony, though it could have changed.

Theres 3 spots for a ceremony/VR. Theres 2 on the ship and 1 on the island. Initially, when we booked our wedding, we were told that we were going to be married on the 2nd at sea day which would have been thurs. Not long before we left, the date was changed to our 1st sea day, between KW and GC. Not a big deal. We had a sunset ceremony and I want to say it was aroun 5 pm. We found out later, that the other couple onboard, were married before us, earlier that afternoon.

All of this was on the Magic. Ill be honest in that Im not sure where on the Dream class they will do the above.

I can't think of her name, but she just got off the Dream. Her wedding was this month. If you check out the Wedding thread and then look in there for Cruise Weddings, you might be able to ask someone who is current. There was talk on there that they only had 1 location on ship and the location on the island.

I can't think of her name, but she just got off the Dream. Her wedding was this month. If you check out the Wedding thread and then look in there for Cruise Weddings, you might be able to ask someone who is current. There was talk on there that they only had 1 location on ship and the location on the island.

When I say spots, what I am reffering to is time frame. I wouldnt be surprised, looking at the deck plans, if the outside area is no longer on the Dream class.

We were on the 4 day Wonder cruise 11/28 and we had our vow renewal on 11/29 which was our Nassau day. We only booked 2 weeks out and had times slots available for 10:30 am in the atrium or 5:30pm in Outlook Cafe. We took the 5:30 slot so that our family could still do their excursions they had bookes. They also had Castaway Cay open but I was already pushing it with the cost of our vacation so I didn't want to spend the extra money or take away from the relaxation of that day on the island. That was the best descision I made because that is what everyone talks about is how much they enjoyed Castaway Cay. Our vow renewal was very nice even though I only upgraded to add flowers for my girls and the photographer.

We had the late seating for dinner and we were able to go back to our cabin to drop off the flowers and made it in time to catch the last half of the show after finishing up with the photographer. The rest of the family was able to make it in time as the vow renewal only lasted about 45 minutes to an hour.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter