Please tell me about the boardwalk

j_lehr

DIS Veteran
Not the hotel, but the outside area. I read somewhere that it's a neat place to go, that there are some activities in the evening and that the views are nice. I have never been to this area of Disney before and want to go check it out. Can anyone tell me anything about it? What should I expect? What is there to do? Is it worth going over there? It will be me and my 15 year old daughter.

Thanks!
Jes

I have only been there in the day time. I have two girls age 9 and 12. My wife and I have also been over there on an adult only trip. We never saw much going on in the day. There are some clubs there for night time. That won't help the excitement with your 15 year old. There is a brewery pub/restaurant as well. Also not a good choice with kids in tow and nothing to make a special trip for. There are a few restaurants there as well. I saw absolutely nothing there for kids to do other than rent a bike or play a boardwalk style midway game. We always go in July. As you can imagine it is hot. Well, standing on a Boardwalk with the heat bouncing off everything in site is tough for most people. There is usually no crowd and things like the Baordwalk games and such are not really open when we have been there due to the heat. We are from Ga. and fairly used to the heat. I suppose many folks think we are crazy for standing around in the high heat midday. I suppose that the place is better at night but I cannot see your 15 year old finding a great deal to do. Whebn we have gone there we were just passing through headed from the Studios to Epcot. We took time to walk the place and se what there is but we saw nothing of interest to my kids. Amybe I am missing something but I think not. I would possibly try to schedule a restaurant visit there. Maybe the Flying Fish and then check out the Boardwalk area after the meal. I do not think you will stay long.

The Boardwalk has a few Carny type games to play, a pizza walk up window, an awesome bakery where you could pick up breakfast. At night, they sometimes have street performers like magicians and clowns and you can rent surreys anytime of day to take a ride around the area. It is only a short walk to the Yacht and Beach Club where you could rent a mouseboat and take a boat ride around the waterways. I think that's about it, have fun!

I would agree with the above post.....during the day there is not much going on. At night there are many boardwalk performances by magicians and others...there very fun to watch, my kids love them. Other things are very adult oriented like the brew pub, night clubs, ESPN club which I'm not sure if it have moved yet, bakery, and on and on. There are bikes and games but nothing to make a trip over for. What I would suggest is when your at Epcot visiting exit through the International Gateway and walk the Boardwalk loop......this will give you an idea of what there is to offer. You can also jump of a boat and get off at either the BW or BC. If you haven't been there take a peek...you never know you may find something that is right up you ally.

Brownie

I would suggest the exact same thing as the poster above, that you take a walk over there while you are at Epcot. But I would suggest to do it in the evening so you can enjoy the street performers. They are so entertaining!

definitely go at night.much more entertaining.some nice shops,some food,games and its pretty at night when its all light up.

Boardwalk is our favorite hotel becasue of its location and the fun things going on at night. Every night after dinner we would come back and watch the street prerformers. There are usually 3 or 4 different ones at night. Our kids absolutely love them and there are places to get food or coffee or drinks while you are wathcing them. It makes for a really good end to the evening.

Like everyone else suggested I would plan a dinner at flying fish or spoodles or the Yacht Club or Blue Zoo and hit the boardwalk after dinner it is a great evening.

B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter