• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please tell me about the banana boat rides at Castaway Cay!

DROCKS

Mouseketeer
The banana Boat ride sounds really fun! Is it a really rough ride or just lots of fun? Also, how do you think my 10 year old daughter would do on this? She is a really good swimmer, so her falling off is not one of my concerns.

Donna

The banana boat ride was a blast! I was a little worried as I had just had surgery (8 wks prior) on my arms, and was afraid I'd mess them up, but I found I could hold on with one hand and wave at the ship as we passed. Just fast enough to make it great fun, but not so fast as to scare anyone. We had lots of young kids (8-9 yr olds) on our ride and they loved it! I will definitely do this again, above all else, on our next cruise.
Stacey

We just got off the Magic on Saturday, and on our Bananna Boat Ride our entire side got thrown off. It didn't bother me, I thought it was fun but there were two younger girls who were really freaked out. We swam right over to them to let them know they were ok but it could be scary if you have young kids. Hope this helps you out.

They make adults and children wear life jackets.:p

I did it with my 10 year old DD. There were a couple of other kids her age on with us, as well as a couple of college aged girls. The college girls were the only ones who fell off!

I do have to say that peer pressure is a funny thing. As we started, my DD was pretty excited, but the girl next to her was pretty scared. She was crying a bit. Her uncle was riding behind her and tried to encourage her, to no avail. Then my DD said "Isn't this FUN!!!" and she sniffed a little bit, smiled and said yes. From then on, she was prety upbeat about it.

DD got a little tired at the end, and was ready to quit!

Couple of pieces of advice. 1) Wear something over your eyes! The salt spray REALLY burns! I had on my prescription sunglasses with a strap on them. They helped, but I still got some water in my eyes. DD didn't have anything over her eyes, so she just squinted a bunch, and she did complain about her eyes burning. 2) Wear short or something covering your legs. DD and I got a pretty bad rug burn from the sides of the banana. I can't tell if the seats themselves had some non-stick stuff on them, or if it was just sand but your thighs will be happier if you have shorts on!

Overall, it was an absolute BLAST, and probably the best bang for the buck we spent on any activity.

I also did it with my 10 year old daughter. She just turned 10 and is rather skinny. We both loved it. She was a little scared at first but enjoyed it none the less. No one fell off our ride. And the above comment is very true our eyes were stinging from the salt water. We didn't have a problem with leg burns though. Everyone has to wear a life jacket. We would do it again. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter