Please tell me about MHT!

molly2004

DIS Veteran
Hi! We just got terrific airfare with SW and are flying out of MHT. We have to schlep two 2-year-olds plus strollers, Nana and carryons. Is there anything quirky about MHT's SW terminal we should be aware of? For instance, can it be chaotic? Are the security checkpoints narrow and tight-fitting? (I had a horrible experience trying to get the kids through security at the AirTran terminal at Logan. It was a very tight fit.) Are there play areas like some airlines have? Concessions?

Thank you!

After flying out of Manchester, I do believe you will no longer want to fly out of Boston. It is small in comparison with Logan. All check in is on main level and going through security is on second level. Southwest is a great airline to fly. We only fly SWA. Have a great flight.

There is basically one terminal and the security checkpoint (2 lines) is for all passengers, all airlines. MHT is very small. As the above poster said, you will never want to fly out of Logan again. Parking is a breeze, you can walk from the garage to the terminal thru bridge, with moving sidewalk. Prices for parking a much less of course, as well. :thumbsup2

Enjoy your trip :wizard:
Deb

I fly only out of MHT. We live in NH about 45 minutes away. The terminal is small and manageable. The security lines are not too small for a stroller. I have never found the terminal to be chaotic. I just brought my mom there for a SWA flight a couple of days before Thanksgiving and I was surprised by how uncrowded the airport was for the busiest travel time of the year. She waited in the security line for 5-10 minutes and was the 2nd person in line for the SWA skycap. You shouldn't have any trouble and you'll probably really like MHT. I know we do! Have a great trip! :wizard:

MHT is a great little airport. I use it when visiting Dartmouth all the time. Very easy to get in/out/around.

I share your pain on AirTran and terminal D at Logan as I fly them to Chicago Miday a lot from Boston - way too small for check-in plus the escalator up to the gate leaves no space after security to wait for your party. And the upstairs is no picnic either - lots of gates and not much of a waiting area.

You picked the right airport in MHT. Like Providence used to be (still a great facility, but the security and parking garage work has made for many more hassles lately) and Hartford still is, it's compact and cheap and easy to park at while you're gone. If you're coming from MA, there is a free shuttle from the Woburn lot that also handles commuter rail and the Logan express.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter