Please tell me about High School Musical

Claudia Kellenberger

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone !
:wave2:

I know so little about this thing called High School Musical.
First I thought it was some National touring show, now I hear it is in a park.

Can you tell me more about it?
Where is it - and how is it?

Thanks So Much!

I'll take the first shot.

What I know of HSM (and HSM II) is they are made-for-tv Disney musical movies, a little modern day West Side Story (well, without the gangs and violence; lol) - jocks v. brains with a little jealousy from the Drama Club. My boys enjoyed it well enough, but the biggest fans tend to be 'Tween girls.

Is naturally touring as a Disney on Ice show.

As to whether there are tributes/shows at the parks, I leave that to those in the know!

I see it as a modern day Grease!! lol~

They do have the parade at MGM. It comes down Main Street and stops there in front of the Hat where they do a "pep rally". I think I read that they've added some more actors to the show and changed it around a bit but it's still there.

HTH,
Heather

MGM has a peprally. They come in on a parage like float and sing some of the songs from the movie. I believe that it is going to be updated to showcase songs from HSM2 very soon. My DD 6 loves the movies and thought the peprally was great. I thought it was cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter