• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please Tell Me About: Garden Grocer

We use them every time we do DVC stay. Service has been perfect so far. I will use them again in January!

Can you use Garden Grocer if you are staying off site? We are staying at Bonnet Creek and I was wondering if we can use it for there as well?

Do you all really take the H2O in the parks if so do you all lug around backpacks or?? Just curious as this seems like the way to go except how to carry the bottles, it seems alot cheaper then the what $3 per bottle of H2O??
Is GG a club meaning you have to pay a join fee??

How are they with diary? We have peapod here on Long Island and I had to stop getting milk, yogurt etc from them b.c they were frequently giving me items that were expiring in 1-3 days. Does Garden Grocer do this or have you all not had a problem with them?

Do you all really take the H2O in the parks if so do you all lug around backpacks or?? Just curious as this seems like the way to go except how to carry the bottles, it seems alot cheaper then the what $3 per bottle of H2O??
Is GG a club meaning you have to pay a join fee??

Yes. I refuse to pay $2.50 for 1 bottle of water when I can get 24 for $6.00.

We each bring one chilled bottle to the parks. When that is empty we refill it throughout the day with drinking fountain or restaurant water and add flavor pixies such as gatorade or crystal lite to help mask the nasty Florida water taste.

Yes. I refuse to pay $2.50 for 1 bottle of water when I can get 24 for $6.00.

We each bring one chilled bottle to the parks. When that is empty we refill it throughout the day with drinking fountain or restaurant water and add flavor pixies such as gatorade or crystal lite to help mask the nasty Florida water taste.

Now thats an idea, adding flavoring to the FL water.....

Now when do you order, week before, day before??

Now when do you order, week before, day before??

It depends on what time of year you are going. During peak free dining the time slots often fill up for the day so the sooner you book, the better. You can make changes to your order up until the last minute.

It depends on what time of year you are going. During peak free dining the time slots often fill up for the day so the sooner you book, the better. You can make changes to your order up until the last minute.

OK so I can order now for Sept??

OK so I can order now for Sept??

Absolutely. It's fun to browse around their website and add things to your cart. They usually have some weekly specials on certain items so check those out!

We used GG in May, 12 delivery fee and you must spend 40 more.

This has always been the deterring factor for me. That and the prices on grocery items beyond that seem high. I could see if you were going to buy $200 worth of groceries maybe and have access to a full sized fridge. I could also see maybe if you can't live without a certain brand of certain items - like some folks will only drink Pepsi.

A second factor is that the little fridges in the resort room are not very cold. I'd be scared to eat something like meat that was stored in one. LAst trip, we drove, so we stopped at a grocery store for a few items, including some strawberries - phew! did they smell up the area around the fridge after a day or two.

Now, I have used delivery of bottled water. I forget which - maybe Costco is the way to go (used to be Staples.)? The only downside is the brand of water they have is Zephyrhills - more or less Florida water in a bottle. It's really no better than the tap water, IMO. To me, GG just doesn't seem worthwhile for just bottled water.

If I have to lug water, I more or less stop at one bottle. DH can fit two in his cargo shorts pockets. The only time I bring more is if someone in our group will have a stroller. Then you can stow it in the bottom basket. Even then, I request ice water at every meal, and often refill as I'm able.

Last year, we ordered water from GG because it saves us money.

In addition to the wine (mentioned earlier), we also ordered sun tan lotion, nutrition bars, cheese, crackers, nuts, aloe vera gel, hair spray, shampoo. Basically, we ordered anything that we didn't want to pack that would cost more at the parks.

As for ordering outside Disney property, as far as I know, it is not a problem. GG is an independent grocery store that delivers locally. Go for it!

We just used them and it was awesome. Delivery was $12 and they delivered on time. They kept us posted as to the status of the order and I would only recommend letting the hotel know that you are expecting the delivery. They had received it, but they didn't let us know until I called to inquire.

Oh, and the fruit was really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter