Please tell me about all star movies resort

rgibson

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone I'am new here. We have booked Disneys all star movies resort for Dec. 2011 Please tell me all about it The good, the bad and the ugly.
Thanks in advance for help!
Rgibson

I have read that many people love this resort.
While the themeing is cute and attractive for families, I'm sorry I can't compliment All Star Movies at all. I have stayed at all of the value resorts and by far All Star Movies was the most run down. It was the first time I regretted staying on property (and we hate staying off property). The room was dingy and the TV and dresser were terribly outdated. I would stay at any other value, but will not be back to Movies.

I'll echo what Havana said, it's quite rundown, very much in need of a refurb when we were there. And that was several years ago. The room was okay, but felt a bit dirty, especilly the carpets. I can't comment on the busses as we rented a car and used it to get to the parks everyday. We will only go back if they do a refurb on it, we prefer Pop when staying at a value.

We were there in 2008. Our room was OK, with a few minor spots of concern, but nothing major. Just some worn edges on the furniture, a smear of dirt (i hope) on the wall, and the outside walkways needed a good power washing.

We stayed preferred (which has nothing to do with condition of the room) in the Toy Story section. All the rooms are basically the same, just different theme according to section. So ours had TS wallpaper border and a framed picture of Buzz and Woody. The kids REALLY loved this resort, and dh and I found it to be "true Disney" in the sense that there was no question where you were. Theme is really fun, pool is nice, food court is quite good, buses are hit and miss. Keep in mind you're at a value, which means no frills, but you still feel you're at Disney and to me that's way better than offsite. Word has it they're starting a refurb, so if that's true maybe you'll be lucky enough to get one of those rooms.

My family stayed there in 2008. We were in the toy story section. Our room was very nice, no complaints at all.

My boys were 7 and 5 at the time and just simply loved the resort. Like said in an earlier post this resort is true disney.

I am taking the kids again this july, but we are staying at POR. I just hope they love the moderate resort as much as they loved the value....

We stayed at Movies in Nov. 2010. Like others said, it is in need of an upgrade. I'd stayed at Sports in May 2009 and it felt much fresher. However, the rooms were clean, nothing was terrible, and my kids loved the theming. The wait for busses wasn't bad at all, but the busses were crowded in the mornings. We stood often on our way to the parks. The food court was quite a hit with my entire family which included my parents.

I'll probably chose a different value for our next trip, though, unless Movies has been refurbed by then.

We stayed at All Star Movies in December, and I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed a preferred building in the 101 Dalmatians complex, so we had the shortest walk to the food court. If you are in the Mighty Ducks or Love Bug buildings, you could have QUITE a walk to the main building, food, and bus stops. The rooms were a bit small, but nicely decorated, and very clean. My one issue with the room was that there was no dividing curtain between the bathroom area and the main room..not a huge deal, but it makes getting ready a little easier, since the bathrooms get quite steamy after a shower. Overall, a good resort, very enjoyable.:thumbsup2

Stayed in the Dalmations building Dec. 3-12, 2010. From what I saw, calling it rundown is exaggerating. The most negative thing was the furniture had a few scratches, cosmetic.. and the TV was not big or widescreen / flatscreen. A few scratches on the furniture doesn't bother me and I don't come to WDW to watch TV in the room either. We had a 25% discount so it was only about $75 or something a night.... good price I think.

The theme is great. DS liked the giant figures of Buzz, Woody, Dalmations, Herbie, etc... (fun to look at, lighted at night). We paid the little extra for a preferred room - it was great... we were on the end of the building as close to the main building as one could be. But none of the buildings/rooms were really far away. Our room was very clean. Housekeeping did a great job and made towel animals and soap and toothbrush holders out of washcloths. The outside areas of the resort were clean. The pools look nice but we didn't swim (a little too cold when getting out of the heated water..). Checkin and checkout was a breeze.. used magical express and the service checking out luggage in at the resort on our last day.

Bus service was great, waited 5-10 minutes max to go to parks. Only time we had a longer wait was leaving a park at peak times -- like the end of MVMCP, after fireworks at MK, etc.. One time we waited about 30-40 minutes, but that was just once. Complaints that All Star resorts share buses (compared to Pop Century) doesn't make sense. The only time we shared buses with the other AS resorts was when the buses had extra room for people... and the AS resorts are all in a row so it didn't cause the ride to be more than a few minutes longer.

Can't comment about the food, we didn't eat there -- we eat table service mostly. The food looked OK but nothing that would thrill me... We usually grab coffee and head to the parks early and dine at restaurants at the parks or other resorts before coming back late.

We were there in 2008. Our room was OK, with a few minor spots of concern, but nothing major. Just some worn edges on the furniture, a smear of dirt (i hope) on the wall, and the outside walkways needed a good power washing.

We stayed preferred (which has nothing to do with condition of the room) in the Toy Story section. All the rooms are basically the same, just different theme according to section. So ours had TS wallpaper border and a framed picture of Buzz and Woody. The kids REALLY loved this resort, and dh and I found it to be "true Disney" in the sense that there was no question where you were. Theme is really fun, pool is nice, food court is quite good, buses are hit and miss. Keep in mind you're at a value, which means no frills, but you still feel you're at Disney and to me that's way better than offsite. Word has it they're starting a refurb, so if that's true maybe you'll be lucky enough to get one of those rooms.

Thanks for the response! Does anyone know for sure if they are going to do a refurb in 2011? If so when do you think it will start and if it will it be completed by Dec. 2011?
Thanks. Rgibson

Thanks for the response! Does anyone know for sure if they are going to do a refurb in 2011? If so when do you think it will start and if it will it be completed by Dec. 2011?
Thanks. Rgibson

I don't know the exact dates, but the Movies refurb is starting very soon! Also, the room TVs in all three All-Stars are being changed out soon.

I'm glad to hear of the refurb because it's really a cute resort.

I'm glad to hear of the refurb because it's really a cute resort.

I agree! It was definitely a cute place, but we felt it was just so worn out and needing some fresh paint and carpeting. I'm glad to hear it's lined up for a refurb :thumbsup2

:banana:
I don't know the exact dates, but the Movies refurb is starting very soon! Also, the room TVs in all three All-Stars are being changed out soon.

Thanks that makes me feel better! Surely they will have it done by Dec. Please keep us updated if you or anyone else has any more infro on the refurb. And its progress.
Thanks Rgibson.:banana:

We were there Dec 8-14. I was so leery about staying there b/ of all the reviews I had read after booking. I wanted something that screamed Disney and my Girls (7 & 5) fell in love with the resort when they saw pictures. So glad we decided not to change and just see for ourselves. We had a ball and loved the resort. We stayed in the Mighty Ducks section. Our room was either a 5 minute walk over to Music or a 5 minute walk to the Movies food court...not a big deal at all. Having the pool right there was great too. We did not swim but people were...it was heated. Our room was bright and clean. As was the bathroom. I got the stomach bug our last nite and spent the whole nite in there. Not having a flat screen was no big deal. Still got all the stations...really the weather channel was all we needed. Mousekeeping was fantastic...little animals, autographs or decorations every day. The only time we shared a bus with the other Allstars was coming back from DTD, other than that we always had our own buses. People were really nice about giving seats to the Girls and to myself, etc. I would not hesitate to stay there again. Enjoy your trip!!

We stayed here in February 2010 and loved it. It was our first stay at Disney, so I can't comment on anything being outdated as I've never seen any other resort.

We loved it and are planning on staying again in October. Our kids thought it was a blast. It's the only resort that really screams Disney to me with all the statues and the themes.

We stayed in the Dalmatians preferred building. In all honesty, we were really only at the resort to sleep - our days were entirely park filled. If you stay here, keep your eye out for our armadillo friend!

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

We'll be there in a little over five weeks! :banana:

I have read that many people love this resort.
While the themeing is cute and attractive for families, I'm sorry I can't compliment All Star Movies at all. I have stayed at all of the value resorts and by far All Star Movies was the most run down. It was the first time I regretted staying on property (and we hate staying off property). The room was dingy and the TV and dresser were terribly outdated. I would stay at any other value, but will not be back to Movies.

Agree 100%! Stay away from it until it's completely redone.

I decided to look around online and see if I could find any info about a refurb and couldn't find anything. Next week the Duck pond I think it was called will be down 2 days for refurb, but that's all I found. There were a few threads about the topic on various websites that said it's refurb was already done before Music and Sports and there was nothing in the works :confused3

Stayed in the Dalmations building Dec. 3-12, 2010. From what I saw, calling it rundown is exaggerating. The most negative thing was the furniture had a few scratches, cosmetic.. and the TV was not big or widescreen / flatscreen. A few scratches on the furniture doesn't bother me and I don't come to WDW to watch TV in the room either.

I completely agree! We stayed at ASmovies in April 2008, Music in Sept. 2009 and Sports in Dec. 2010. We got married down in Disney in April 2010 and all of our guests (minus us and my dad) stayed at ASmovies. Everyone loved it! Yes, it should be in line to get a refurb soon but we all think it is still a great place to stay. We found that the more recently refurbed music and sports were not any nicer than the non-refurbed movies. The food was good, the service was excellent and the resort just screams "I'm at Disney!" So have a wonderful trip! :flower3:

UPDATE!!! Just got off the phone with Disneys all star movies resort front desk check in spoke with Ellen, Asked about the upcoming refurb. She said it was going to happen this year 2011 but did not know start and end dates! But was confindent work will be completed this year.
Rgibson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter