Please share your favourite Counter Service Eateries

WanderlustNZ

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I was reading a post lately from someone who commented on how they enjoyed the theming and ride views in Pinnochio Village Haus. It occurred to me that in all my research to find fun and interesting TS places to eat, I haven't put much thought into where we will eat our other meals.
I'd love to go prepared with a list of some enjoyable Counter/Quick Service places to eat, so I can make some informed choices when my family get hungry.

I'm particularly interested in the restaurants within the parks (including the 2 water parks).

I'd love it if you could share the following three things with me:

1: Your favourite counter service for food quality. i.e. the place that you think serves up the tastiest food made from fresh, well-cooked ingredients. A few healthier options are always are bonus.

2: The best counter service for theming. A good burger probably wouldn't be enough to sway me to a restaurant, but some fun or quirky theming might. I have read enough about BOG to know that this is one of the better-themed lunch options, but I'm hoping to get some other suggestions.

3: The best counter service to take a break on a hot day. It could be because the air-conditioning is really strong, the restaurant doesn't get too noisy, the seats are really comfy, or perhaps it's just a nice place to relax and people-watch. Whatever the reason, I'm interested in any calming environments that could help prevent any potential meltdowns.

Thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to reading your responses.

We're not fond of many of the QS places in the parks but if you get the opportunity to hit DTD, you should definitely check out wolfgang puck express and Earl of sandwich...two very good places for a quick meal.

Taco salad at Tortuga or Pecos Bills. Toppings bar! Cosmic Rays has something for everyone. Toppings bar! Lol! I really like the hot italian sandwich from Catalina Eddies at studios. Outdoor seating. The buffalo chicken sandwich at studio catering is good too. Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT is really good. AK my fav is Y+Y. Chicken fried rice is a snack credit! Also FTBbq. My fav is the pulled pork sandwich. At resorts POP has a good CS, POR is good too. Poly is awesome in every way! Dole whips! BoG was really good. But I guess you already knew that! I cant help with healther choices! :rotfl:

We're not fond of many of the QS places in the parks but if you get the opportunity to hit DTD, you should definitely check out wolfgang puck express and Earl of sandwich...two very good places for a quick meal.

Thanks Mommyrosa. I have a full day planned at DTD and I've really struggled with my eating options there. So many nice choices (including the two you mentioned) and not enough time to try them all. In the end I booked a lunch at T-Rex and a later dinner (after La Nouba) at Raglan Rd. I'm a bit on the fence with T-Rex and if I decide closer to the time to cancel, I'll try WPE or EoS instead.

Taco salad at Tortuga or Pecos Bills. Toppings bar! Cosmic Rays has something for everyone. Toppings bar! Lol! I really like the hot italian sandwich from Catalina Eddies at studios. Outdoor seating. The buffalo chicken sandwich at studio catering is good too. Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT is really good. AK my fav is Y+Y. Chicken fried rice is a snack credit! Also FTBbq. My fav is the pulled pork sandwich. At resorts POP has a good CS, POR is good too. Poly is awesome in every way! Dole whips! BoG was really good. But I guess you already knew that! I cant help with healther choices! :rotfl:

Thanks Ro Z. I hadn't even heard of some of those, so will be looking them up. :)

We always enjoy eating upstairs at Columbia Harbor House right across from Haunted Mansion. They serve pretty healthy options but it's also kid friendly. It's fun to sit upstairs and people watch out of the windows.

I second the toppings bar at Pecos Bill. Grab a table outside on the patio by the fence just before a parade and you will be up close to the action!

I enjoy Sunshine Seasons in Future World at Epcot and Tangerine Cafe in the Morocco pavilion. More healthy options and if you go around back to the outside seating, you'll literally feel like you're in another land. Spent about 30 minutes one overcast afternoon with DH and DD. (It might not be as magical in the direct sun.)

Hollywood Studios only has decent food but, if you must, ABC Commissary will do.

When we go to Animal Kingdom, we leave and lunch at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's an attraction in itself and a great break from AK during the hottest part of the day.

I usually enjoy the counter service at the other resorts as well. Really like the one at the Contemporary.

I really like Sunshine Seasons in The Land. Lots of variety fairly healthy options.

Also as PP's have said, Cosmic Rays and Peco's Bill in MK both have good variety (cosmic Ray's slightly more) and great Fixings bars

In AK I really like Flame Tree BBQ, really good! It is outside seating but quiet and peaceful there.

I'm going to repeat some of the places others have mentioned, but since I typically eat mostly CS, I have tried many places.

MK-I recommend the corndog bites at Casey for a lighter meal/heavy snack. The view from the upstairs of CHH is really cool, and I like the shrimp.

Epcot-I like Sunshine Seasons for either breakfast or lunch/dinner. They have the healthier type choices there, too. I have to be honest though; the desserts are the best part! :lmao:

I also have enjoyed CS in most of the countries, especially Morocco, Mexico, Germany and Norway. Everything is so wonderfully themed in World Showcase; it really comes down to family preference.

AK-You mentioned an A/C break, and Pizzafari is that for me. I like Flame Tree, but all the seating is outside, and since I usually go in the summer, sometimes I just need the cool air.

HS-Try the sandwiches and desserts at Starring Rolls. No A/C there, but the food makes it worth it sometimes for me.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Be our guest has fresh food. We had the tuna Niçoise salad and turkey sandwich and were happy with both.

Columbia hh has a hummus and veggie sandwich that's a light option, and I got sal,on with broccoli and couscous and thought it was very good.

Cosmic rays you can get a half rotisserie chicken with potatoes and green beans, and their mango gelato is fresh and light.

We actually like pinocchios a lot! They have a huge salad and my flatbreads. I got the margherita and loved it.

Eos is good, great value oop

Wpe. Is a great,dining plan value and we loved to pizza we got, and the cheesecake is wonderful. A bit disappointed with meatloaf and didn't like the Mac and cheese at all, it had absolutely no flavor! I think we hit a weird day because epeople rave about these.

Another vote for Cosmic Ray's :thumbsup2

We find it a good idea to hit it before 11:30 to avoid long lines & the hassle of trying to find a seat. :crazy2:

At Epcot, my absolute favorite counter service restaurant (and likely my favorite in all of the parks) is Tangerine Cafe in Morocco. You will get a large quantity of food for the price, it is very tasty, and it is something a little different. You can also take it outside and watch Mo'Rockin' as you dine which is fun. Sunshine seasons in The Land Pavilion also has a great assortment if everyone in your party seems to want something different.

At Hollywood Studios, my favorite is Min and Bill's. It is this little boat that sells franks in a pretzel roll, sausage with peppers and onions in a french roll, and a chicken caesar wrap. All come with kettle chips which I love. Unfortunately, DHS is rather lacking when it comes to counter service restaurants. I don't think any of the counter service restaurants are bad, but they aren't my favorites. Now, Backlot Express is kind of an interesting place to dine. They have different movie artifacts in there.

Magic Kingdom seems to have the opposite problem as DHS. If Epcot is known for having great table service, I think that MK should be known for good counter service restaurants. First mentioned should be Be Our Guest. hard to get in and counter service is only at lunch, but great atmosphere. Both Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's have a great toppings bar for your burgers. I'd probably give the edge to Cosmic Ray's because I love that little singing alien. If you have kiddos, this would be a nice place to take a little break. They can watch Sonny Eclipse and take a little break. Tortuga Tavern is good for something different as they are very few Mexican restaurants on Disney property. It also has a good toppings bar for your tacos, burritos, and salads. If you can get a table by the windows, Pinocchio Village Haus is great for people watching as they ride It's a Small World.

Animal Kingdom? I'd say my favorite is Flame Tree, but Pizzafari isn't bad and has different themed rooms which is pretty neat.

In MK, my favorite is Pecos Bill .... Love the taco salad and the fixins bar is what really makes it! My only wish is that they would offer chicken rather than beef. I also enjoy cosmic rays, and because it is so BIG there always seems to be a place to sit. (At least when we have been)

HS - like another poster said, food is not stellar here. Our usual qs spot here is Backlot Express. I like the Veggie sandwich there :) ABC commissary also usually is good and offers healthier choices which is important to me.

My favorite of all is San Angel Cantina. Delicious authentic Mexican (guac and chips....YUM!!) with awesome covered open seating lakeside!!! I LOVE it. Epcot. So many great food choices here!!

We have eaten at Restaruantosaurus and pizAfari at AK, they are fine but I wouldn't rave about them. I Will Say that while I have never eaten at Flame Tree BBQ .... Every time I walk by it smells divine!

I have never gone to a water park, so I can't say much about that, but I do really enjoy Earl of Sandwich at DTD

I havent been to BOG @ MK, but I cant wait to try that place. I think its worth a shot.

The only QS that I religiously go to every trip is Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. The food is TO DIE FOR. Spagetti & meatballs were the best I ever had...the bacon wrapped meatloaf with mashed potatoes were the best i ever had...see a pattern here? Lol. Love it! The pizza is devine as well. I highly recommend this place if youre at DTD. Go to the one at marketplace thou, by lego. :thumbsup2

I dont really go gaga for any other QS on site unfortunately.

MK -- Pecos Bill (toppings bar) and Columbia Harbor House

AK - Flame Tree

Epcot -- so many good choices - but I am going to go with the one in Mexico overlooking the water as my 1st choice!

Pecos Bills and Flame Tree BBQ are tow faves, kids like Caseys Corner. Also Sunshine Seasons. We like Roaring Forks at WL as well.

Wow, thanks so much everyone! You're all such a wealth of helpful knowledge.

I had no idea there were so many popular places in the MK. That's great to know as I've actually found the TS offerings there to be the least tempting of all the parks. I have one ADR for LTT since my DH loves Roast Dinner and because I wanted an early sit-down dinner before MNSSHP starts. But otherwise, any meal we have in MK will be CS or a snack. (I must try these dole whips I keep hearing about).

The Moroccan place in Epcot sounds great. I love middle Eastern/North African cuisine so I will put that one near the top of my list. But in saying that, I love all world cuisine and I think I'm going to feel like a kid in a candy shop at Epcot. Too many good choices and not enough time to try them all. Plus the F&W festival is on while I'm there. I'm salivating just thinking about it ...

It sounds like the BBQ place at AK is the clear winner - have added that to my notes.

Lastly, it sounds like there aren't many options at HS. This should be fine. I have 2 lunches booked there (Sci-Fi and 50's Primetime) and was after a place for dinner before Fantasmic. We might just make do with a snack.

With regards to resort CS places, I will be doing a split stay at the BWV and AKV (Jambo). Will most likely try Mara and the Boardwalk Bakery, but otherwise I'm not sure I'm keen to resort hop for CS meals. In fact, the only time I think we'll resort hop is for Ohana. But thank you anyway to those who made suggestions.

Lastly, any advice about the waterparks? We'll probably need to have at least a light lunch in both waterparks. Are the choices varied or should I perhaps consider grabbing some sandwiches from the Boardwalk bakery and taking them in with us?

1: Sunshine Seasons for the freshest, yummiest food! It's a must do for us each trip!

2: For theming, we love Pizzafari in AK!

My favorite QS places are Pacos Bills, Cosmic Rays in the Magic Kingdom. Germanys QS in EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter