Please review/advise Touring Plan for 1 Day Epcot

raven70

Earning My Ears
First time to WDW. DW, DD (16), DS (9), and me. DS is high-functioning autistic, and will be getting GAC, but not knowing how that will turn out, we are planning our trip using traditional FP and stand-by lines, unless GAC provides an alternative. Basically, the touring plans do not take into account the GAC. Although I will be encouraging family to participate with me, no one else is a thrill seeker. Thank you in advance.

Sun, June 5
HS (covered in another post, early out afternoon back to POFQ)

Mon, June 6
MK Day 1 (covered in another post, early out, no evening activities)

Tues, June 7
AK (covered in another post, early out, no evening activities)

Wed, June 8
MK Day 2 (Morning at MK, Evening back for MSEP and Wishes)

Thur., June 9
9AM RD Epcot (yes, I know this may be tough given night before) FPV Soarin
TT
M:S
Nemo / Crush
FPV Living with the Land
Space Ship Earth
Lunch Sunshine Seasons
Ride Living with the Land
Innovations
Head to Word Showcase (may seem like a lot, but only spending time in Norway, Mexica, and America)
FPV Maelstrom
Mexico (will do show/ride there)
Walk through briefly China, Germany, Italy
Maelstrom and Norway when FP is up and the bakery there
American Adventure
Waltk through briefly Japan, Morrocco (Henna Tatoos?), France
UK may do hedge maze
Canada
Possible pick up FP to favorite attraction prior to dinner
4:50 ADR Coral Reef
User FP
Not staying for Illuminations (VERY early flight AM next day)

Looks like a good plan (be flexible with it though). Personally, I would make it to Illuminations on one of your early evening nights. It is not too be missed.

Looks like a good plan (be flexible with it though). Personally, I would make it to Illuminations on one of your early evening nights. It is not too be missed.

Thank you. Yes, plan to be flexible. We thought about Illuminations, but two things played into that. Finding a least crowded day at Epcot, and 2 days at MK. The day after Epcot we have an 8:20AM flight. And, will have done MSEP and Wishes the night before at MK. Just couldn't make it work unless we completely changed itinerary.

First time to WDW. DW, DD (16), DS (9), and me. DS is high-functioning autistic, and will be getting GAC, but not knowing how that will turn out, we are planning our trip using traditional FP and stand-by lines, unless GAC provides an alternative. Basically, the touring plans do not take into account the GAC. Although I will be encouraging family to participate with me, no one else is a thrill seeker. Thank you in advance.

Sun, June 5
HS (covered in another post, early out afternoon back to POFQ)

Mon, June 6
MK Day 1 (covered in another post, early out, no evening activities)

Tues, June 7
AK (covered in another post, early out, no evening activities)

Wed, June 8
MK Day 2 (Morning at MK, Evening back for MSEP and Wishes)

Thur., June 9
9AM RD Epcot (yes, I know this may be tough given night before) FPV Soarin
TT
M:S
Nemo / Crush
FPV Living with the Land
Space Ship Earth
Lunch Sunshine Seasons
Ride Living with the Land
Innovations
Head to Word Showcase (may seem like a lot, but only spending time in Norway, Mexica, and America)
FPV Maelstrom
American Adventure
UK may do hedge maze
Canada
Possible pick up FP to favorite attraction prior to dinner
4:50 ADR Coral Reef
User FP
Not staying for Illuminations (VERY early flight AM next day)

The pre-World Showcase of that plan looks a lot like ours from our recent trip in early May and it worked to perfection, so you could say that this plan has been "field tested and approved". Your WS plan looks great, although I'd recommend you make a beeline for that bakery in France. I'm usually not much of a dessert eater, but MY GOD those pastries are really something else! I also ditto what another PP said about not missing Illuminations, it is really worth staying for.

Have fun.

I would suggest that you go to Epcot on your first MK day, after your dinner at 1900 Park Fare. You could catch Illuminations that evening.

Check the wait times for Space Ship Earth, when you have it scheduled in your list. If the wait is over maybe 15 minutes, you might want to push it off to later in the day.

Space Ship Earth catches a lot of the people entering the park without a plan. A lot of times I have seen the waits pretty low later on in the day.

Check the wait times for Space Ship Earth, when you have it scheduled in your list. If the wait is over maybe 15 minutes, you might want to push it off to later in the day.

Space Ship Earth catches a lot of the people entering the park without a plan. A lot of times I have seen the waits pretty low later on in the day.

I concur with this thought about Spaceship Earth.

FPV Maelstrom
American Adventure
UK may do hedge maze
Canada

The first part of your WS itinerary looks like a bit of walking back and forth to me.

I also agree with maybe pushing SSE back, you can check the wait times board before you walk there.

Your DS might enjoy the Kim Possible missions in the world showcase. Each individual mission can be done in probably less than 30 minutes and they are fun. My husband and I enjoyed them also. It gives you a little different look at the countries. He doesn't need to be a Kim Possible fan to like it. My DS has never watched the show and loved the missions.

thoughts on GAD I've seen others use these and it is an automatic fastpass at rides for your family. If the ride has a fastpass option you just pop in that line as a family and flash your GAD. If there is no fastpass line and your son is not able to wait in the line..talk to a CM. I'm sure they will get you on quickly.

I had GAD or whatever they are called in CA for my class field trip. They worked great. CMs were nice about and so were the other guests.

As far as this impacting your touring plan...I would say start with Land pavilion for Soarin and then move around in a circle formation so you have less walking. After done with FW then move to WS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter