Please review/advise Touring Plan for 1 Day AK

raven70

Earning My Ears
First time to WDW. DW, DD (16), DS (9), and me. DS is high-functioning autistic, and will be getting GAC, but not knowing how that will turn out, we are planning our trip using traditional FP and stand-by lines, unless GAC provides an alternative. Basically, the touring plans do not take into account the GAC. Although I will be encouraging family to participate with me, no one else is a thrill seeker. Thank you in advance.

Sun., June 5
HS for SWW (early afternoon back to POFQ
(covered in another post)

Mon., June 6
MK Day 1 , but no evening
(covered in another post)

Tues, June 7
AK
8:25 ADR Tusker House
FPV 9AM to KJS (may have to leave meal and return)
Tree of Life
Tough to be a Bug
Ride KJS
Pangani Trail
FPV EE while family moves to other side of park to Dinoland / Boneyard
Dinosaur
FPV KRR
EE
Maharaja Trail
KRR
Greeting Trails
4PM ADR Tusker House
I am a little concerned about this plan. We know we will start in Africa due to breakfast, but trying to hit Dinosaur, EE, and KRR just seems too much walking.
Return to POFQ

Here's my tweaking

1) Grab FP for Safari
2) Walk Pangani Forest Trail
3) Head out to Rafiki's Planet Watch on the Train
4) Ride Safari with your FP
5) Walk Maharajah Jungle Trek
6) Ride EE/Send Family to Dinoland/Boneyarad
7) Ride KRR standby if the line is less than 20 minutes. You WILL get soaked- bring ponchos or garbage bags to wear, and possibly a change of clothes
8) Ride Dinosaur
9) Walk back to Tree of Life, do It's Tough to Be a Bug
10) Walk around the tree of life, do the character trails, and meander back to Africa for your Tusker House dinnner

8:25 ADR Tusker House
FPV 9AM to KJS (may have to leave meal and return)
Tree of Life
Tough to be a Bug
Ride KJS

I wouldn't do Tree of Life or Tough to Be a Bug that early if I were you. These won't require long waits later in the day, and your first hour in the park will be the least crowded time there.

Your KJS Fast Pass return time is likely to be about 9:40, which is probably about the time you will finish your meal. So probably best to ride KJS right then and avoid some unnecessary backtracking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter