Please report your BLT 7-month booking experiences

At 7 months I was able to get 5 out of 6 of my nights for a studio lakeview I waitlisted the other night and it came thru!

So we will be at BLT for 6 nights in a studio lakeview 10/31-11/06 :cool1:

= Whats wrong with the 4th floor??

Spending those extra points, I'm hoping for as nice a view as possible. A higher floor would be preferable. I've never put a request on a reservation or changed rooms, but for this trip I will have all my fingers crossed for an upper floor.

I got a Bay Lake view 2 bdrm lockoff at the 7 month mark for 1/3/10 to 1/8/10. However, I think what we all need to keep in mind is the fact that as more units sell at BLT the tougher it will become to get something at the 7 month mark. Sure, it's pretty easy now, but, it isn't completely sold yet. Once ownership is at capacity it will become much more difficult. We've pretty much decided this probably will be our only stay as non-owners at BLT and if we add-on in the next few years (getting ready for retirement) I doubt it will be at BLT.

Ok - I thought perhaps there was a concern about having a room on the same level as the bridge to the tower. I actually don't know what floor that is, but thought based on the "4th floor" comment perhaps it is 4.

At the 7 month mark, I was able to book a 2 bedroom lake view for Jan 30 - Feb 6. MK view was also available but Standard view was not. For a second, I really wanted to book MK view when he said it was available, but way too many points for a 2 bedroom.

BLT lake view should actually be a pretty easy "get" at 6-7 months.

Booked yesterday:

1BR Bay Lake View for 2/14-2/19/10, 7 months out.

Had my choice of 2BR Ded., 2BR L/O, and 1BR's. Didn't ask about studios or MK/Standard view.

Since it appeared that most people were getting BLT, I decided to try to use some non-BLT points for a couple of ressies :rolleyes1. I have had mixed results.

Ressie #1 at 6 months prior:
1-6 Dec a studio--no dice for any BLT view. I wait listed LV...still waiting.

Ressie #2 at exactly 7 months prior:
5-7 Feb a studio (Fri/Sat visit) all views available, booked a MK view.

I used my SSR points to book 8 nights in February with a studio bay lake view! They had MK view for some of the nights but not all. this was a couple days into my seven months. Excited!!

I was playing around with the cash rates for August and with the published 35% off rates, you can get a 7 day stay at BLT in a 1BRMK view for less than what you would pay if you were renting those points from a BLT owner at $10 a point. We have no plans on going right now since we just came back, but it is so tempting with out APs.

Got a studio standard view for sept. 24th (?).. quick trip my wife is taking and thought she could try it for a night. ;)

I got 2 bedroom lake view for Feb 10-20 and made the reservation right at the 7 month window. I was wondering if I should wait list for a MK view. I know that it is more points but I have extra as we didn't go this year. Will there be a chance as they declare more units into inventory? I am confused by declaring. Are not all the rooms available now? Is it just what has been declared into inventory?:confused3

Should I call back to be put on waitlist?
thanks, PBC

Will there be a chance as they declare more units into inventory? I am confused by declaring. Are not all the rooms available now? Is it just what has been declared into inventory?:confused3

Yes, there is a chance as they declare more rooms. Currently declared...
52 dedicated 2 BRs
64 2BR lockoffs (can be split into 1BR + 1 Studio reservations)
7 Grand villas
Total 123 declared (158 undeclared)

DVC only allows the total declared rooms to be booked by DVC. The remainder Disney uses for cash reservations.

From what I've heard, BLT sales have been going well enough that they have been declaring more rooms every 1-3 months. Earlier today, I count 1299 new BLT contracts registered on the OCC's web site since the declaration date so it's very likely they will register more rooms in the next month or two.

A handful of people reported getting their WL when the last declaration occured.

Booked a studio at exactly 7 months for 9/26-30. At the time they had standard view and lake view available. We decided to try the lake view.

I keep on checking my vacation info on line to see if our wait list came through... it's kinda like when we went on our cruise and I checked everyday for an upgrade. :thumbsup2

We have SSR and AKV points - I think I used some of both. Got a 1 bedroom MK veiw at exactly 7mos - Jan 30th through February 6th. We are excited. We've never really liked the look of the contemporary resort but the BLT rooms look nice and we are looking really foward to the veiw an the location

We own at SSR and booked a studio for 4 out of 6 nights at BLT over Thanksgiving weekend with a lake view and am waitlisted for the other 2. I was so surprised that I was even able to get those 4 nights over Thanksgiving!! It will be very conveninet for the MVMCP!

Mimmiepnp :)

I called yesterday and was able to add a third day in a one bedroom lake view to the two days I reserved at the eleven month window. :thumbsup2

Called this morning and was able to get a dedicated 2BR, MK view for next February!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter