please report on your character interaction experiences aboard the Dream

chrismartinique

Mouseketeer
Taking my first Dis cruise in 5 years. We took a 3 day last time, and I was floored by the amount of character interaction. Just wondering if its still GREAT and what characters you are seeing aboard the Dream. We saw Mickey and friends a lot, jack sparrow, alice, peter pan, snow white and belle. Getting excited. Anything you can tell me is appreciated.

We were on the Dream last year in September for a 4-night cruise and I'm pretty sure my DD (then 8) saw and interacted with every character at least once. In fact, the last night, we were hanging out on deck close to where the WDT is and since most characters are in that performance and then heading to character meets, DD met six or seven of them then. There was almost no one else around (I wish I remember which deck we were on... 5 maybe? it wasn't a busy one. We were just enjoying the beautiful sunset on some quiet lounge chairs) and they all stopped to say hello to her.
One of the things I always tell people about the benefits of a DC over the parks is that your kiddos will get to meet all the characters without there being gargantuan lines (most times :rolleyes1). In the parks, you just don't get that same chance.
Enjoy!!

We just got off the Dream last week. Character interactions were wonderful. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale, Hook and Smee, Lilo and Stitch. We missed Jack Sparrow and Peter Pan, and Tinkerbelle, but they were there. There were also the Princesses that we skipped because DS was not interested. But from what I can recall there was Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Tiana, Belle, and one other one that I did not know. It was not rushed and the characters really took their time with them. And even with that, we only waited maybe 10 minutes at most.

Our best character meeting came during a *art/design of the Magic tour*. My wife and I were with a group of about 15 and Belle came by, story book in hand. One lady had her duaghter by the hand, a little girl of about 6 or so and the girl started trying to get to Belle.Tthe Mom leaned over and told her Belle was busy and she had to go.

With that Belle spun around and walked back to our group, flopped on the deck and had the girl sit next to her and spent about 3 minutes or so calming her down and talking ...........lastly with a look at the mom it ensure it was ok...Belle told the girl she had to go to a story book reading, but she would be in the atrum that evening at 7 pm and if the little girl was by a door way near the computer room(she pointed it out as we were standing near there) a bit early she would walk with her to the meet and greet. The look on that little girls face was worth the whole trip!:)

It was amazing.........even if I am a old ex deep water sailor....it was amazing!

AKK

We met several of the characters walking around and they nearly always had the time to give DS a hug - make sure to have your camera at all times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter