Please recommend an excursion at Tortola

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
Which excursion do you recommend and why? We have a 12 year old son. We like to learn history. We also heard it's fun to take a boat excursion. We were considering the RIB boats and Jost Van Dyke excursion but I read a review that the boats can be too intense and the bars and restaurants are not always open on the island they take you to.

Which excursion do you recommend and why? We have a 12 year old son. We like to learn history. We also heard it's fun to take a boat excursion. We were considering the RIB boats and Jost Van Dyke excursion but I read a review that the boats can be too intense and the bars and restaurants are not always open on the island they take you to.

Aristocat Charters https://aristocatcharters.com/

They do a day sail to the islands near Tortola. It is INCREDIBLE and by far the best excursion I've done! Scott is WONDERFUL to work with and even recommended a charter for me in St. Maarten when our July 28th cruise canceled Tortola and rescheduled for St. Maarten instead. I grew up on an island is South Florida and I'm pretty picky on my sailing charters. He's the BEST! They will take you to secluded areas so your time in the water is pristine! Lunch was scrumptious and the area we anchored in for lunch was like glass so jumping off the boat was TERRIFIC and the time to SUP was great too!

My understanding is that the Baths and JVD in particular have done a good job of picking themselves up from a "hi tourist with currency!" standpoint, although I think at both (and a lot of places) you're looking at porta potties where once there may have been outbuildings, and generators are still in play sometimes.

The Road Town area has struggled a bit more.

Some of it is that it's easier to get a beach up and running, but some of it is also trying to get the explicit tourist depots up and running to bring in cash, but because everything else is a mess the ships aren't returning yet, and how do you balance the two? Especially as Atlantic season spins up again.

My family has gone with Malcolm with Sunshine Powerboats twice out of Tortola on their 35’ Contender. The first time we went to The Baths. No, we did not pull up off the shore & swim in. We docked at a marina & took the same taxi/truck transportation the cruise lines use from the ferry dock. The second time we chartered we told Malcolm we like to snorkel & see beautiful beaches. We left the itinerary up to him, just asked him to show us what he thinks is best. Ended up being one of our very best port days ever. We snorkeled at 3 amazing places & visited 2 incredible beaches. I’m booked with Malcolm again on my upcoming Tortola stop to take a group of friends and me to The Baths. I highly recommend him.

http://www.sunshinepowerboatsvi.com/

We did the 1/2 day Baths excursion. It was the perfect amount of time. We got back to the ship, cleaned up, ate lunch, and got ready for Pirate Night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter