• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please recommend a stroller

sherry7

DIS Veteran
I'm in the market for a new lightweight stroller, and I'm hoping to get some recommendations from my fellow DIS'ers.

I already have a Peg Perego GT3 jogging stroller. I love it, but it's absolutely huge and very heavy. So, I want a lightweight, easy to use stroller for those times that I don't want to wrestle with the Peg.

My needs:
*Baby is 4 1/2 months old, so a recline would be nice. Full recline not necessary though, since I know she can sit comfortably in a Maclaren Quest.
*Would like to stay around $100-$150 price range.
*Light.
*Easy to handle.
*Nice sunshade.
*Sidewalk, mall, future Disney, etc usage (will use the Peg for outdoorsy things).
*Snack tray would be nice, but I know that's hard to find on lightweight strollers.

A couple that are on my "radar" right now are the Britax Blink, Baby Jogger Micro, and the Peg Perego 2009 Aria. I don't know much about any of them though.

For reasons I won't get into on this thread (it's posted elsewhere on the boards), please DO NOT recommend a Maclaren stroller.

Thanks for your help.

I have a peg perego Si.
Fulfills all you ask except a bit more than $200, and you would have to buy a snack tray to hook onto the belly bar. This is the only stroller I use with my now 9M son and he loves it. So light and easy to manage. Good Luck!

It is not on your list but I highly recommend the Aprica presto.It is lightweight(13 pds) folds really small and has a strap,handles great(even took it into a field applepicking the other day and it went no problem while my friend kept getting her stroller stuck)I got it almost 2 months ago before our disney trip with my 7 month old and it was the best.I have had so many strollers-I have a 9 yr old dd that I had 5 strollers with and even with the baby I have 4 already but I think I am done! One of the best features is it goes up to 70 pds and the seat is higher then other strollers so the baby sits higher and it is easier to get him in and out.When we were away we would bring the stroller in the restaurants and push him up to the table like a chair and he was a good hieght to feed him.It also comes with a rain cover that worked great.It is comfy goes almost all the way reclined and it does not tip easily.We had a ton of bags at the airport on it and it didn't tip.The seat comes off easy to wash it too.Give it a look-I spent awhile looking before the trip and I thought I had decided on one and then this one came out and I picked it but I was nervous because I hadn't heard about it but I am glad I did.I got mine at Babies r us.

I love my Peg Perego P3.

Someone did a review on the City Micro and it's recline is very small. She recommended it for older than a year old. She has quite a collection of strollers so I would go with her recommendation. The City Mini has a larger canopy and better recline, I haven't checked the price on it.

I haven't bought it yet, but I'm in the market for a Chicco liteway. I like how it has a full recline, compact fold, swivel wheels, decent suspension, and the underseat basket can snap off and become a backpack (which I think would be an awesome feature for Disney!) It also has spoke wheels, so you use a stroller lock (unlike the maclarens).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2545976

I have the Baby Jogger City Micro review.
I would go with the BJCMini, though I know it is quite a bit more expensive and it seems there are no deals anywhere on it (besides free shipping). When you consider you will likely use ot for the next 4 years or so, the price doesn't sound as bad. That said, I am loving the micro, it's so light and very easy to maneuver. I think your little one is probably too young for it for right now, the shoulder strap height doesn't adjust and the recline isn't much, but in just a few months your baby will be much bigger and it would be a great choice. How time flies!!! I have the Peg P3, it has an umbrella type fold but all the features of a full size stroller. I like it, but it does not turn/move as easy as the baby joggers. I have tried the Peg Arias in the store, they don't seem as sturdy to me, but no real life experience with them.
Michelle

I haven't bought it yet, but I'm in the market for a Chicco liteway. I like how it has a full recline, compact fold, swivel wheels, decent suspension, and the underseat basket can snap off and become a backpack (which I think would be an awesome feature for Disney!) It also has spoke wheels, so you use a stroller lock (unlike the maclarens).

We have the red one and love it, it will go with us to WDW in December!

There are some Britax Blink strollers on sale right now at albeebaby.com for $79.99. Looks like they get good reviews!

After lots of research (and wanting pretty much all the features you mentioned), we ended up with the Peg Perego Vela (replaced the Aria in 2010). Here is a link:

http://www.chitchatbaby.com/vela-3.html

We were looking for a stroller to use from birth - on. Originally I thought I wanted the Baby Jogger Citi-Mini, but then I got annoyed that you had to basically buy everything "a la carte" in order to be able to use it at different stages (e.g. carseat adapter, belly bar, snack tray...). I felt like the Vela was a better value (ended up being half the cost of the Citi Mini).

We are thrilled with the choice, and I have received so many compliments on the stroller - so many people ask about it since it is a newer model.

I just got the blink for my will be 2 year old. It reclines about 3/4 of the way down, and has a small but usable basket. I actually managed to get my messenger style diaper bag in without a struggle. It also has a positionable leg rest for when the child is sleeping to keep the feet from dangling. And a very easy 1 foot wheel lock, and folding mechanisms, both I can do in flip flops. So far I'm loving it. I only have 2 minor complaints. 1 the wheels don't lock when folded so it can't be just shoved in a corner it does take a little balancing. 2 it is def made for a tall person I'm only 5 ft and the handles are a little high for me, but perfect for my 6 ft hubby. I found that I just push it a little further from me than I normally would and the seemed to work just fine. Over all I'm very happy with it especially for the price.

We just bought a Peg Perego 2008 Aria off craigslist specifically for our WDW trip. For the brief time I have messed around with it in the house before our trip I have fallen in love with this stroller! DD is 4 and we didn't want to spend a bunch on a stroller just for the trip, she walks everywhere else. I wish I had this stroller when she was younger. It folds so easily, reclines pretty far back and is so easy to move and carry. It has an attached carry handle and barely weighs anything. If we have another child I will probably look into just getting a carseat that fits into this stroller I love it that much. We spent $25 for the stroller and it's in perfect condition. Even has a snack tray and cupholder for the little ones. I do wish the stroller had an adult cupholder area instead of the small one that goes on the side, but we bought an universal cupholder that velcros across the handle and it works great. I vote to either go for the new version of the Aria or look for slightly used Aria. Love it! :thumbsup2

We had an Aria and I loved it! I thought it was the perfect stroller, especially for WDW. DS is almost 4, so we won't be buying anymore strollers, but if he were younger, I'd definitely buy another Aria.

After lots of research (and wanting pretty much all the features you mentioned), we ended up with the Peg Perego Vela (replaced the Aria in 2010). Here is a link:

http://www.chitchatbaby.com/vela-3.html

We were looking for a stroller to use from birth - on. Originally I thought I wanted the Baby Jogger Citi-Mini, but then I got annoyed that you had to basically buy everything "a la carte" in order to be able to use it at different stages (e.g. carseat adapter, belly bar, snack tray...). I felt like the Vela was a better value (ended up being half the cost of the Citi Mini).

We are thrilled with the choice, and I have received so many compliments on the stroller - so many people ask about it since it is a newer model.

Wow, that looks great! It really looks like a lot of stroller for the money! Hmmm, do I need one more stroller? If it came in orange.....

I love my Peg P3 too. It's a wonderful stroller for a 4 month old, and still a wonderful stroller for my ds who is now turning 3yo. It's the stroller that has everything---great sunshade, full recline, snack tray, adjustable handles, umbrella fold, carry handle, weight to 55 lbs, reasonable sized storage (not huge, but big enough to hold a soft-sided cooler at Disney). I also like how the child sits up higher in this stroller than some other ones--the add'l leg room will be nice as they continue to grow. It's also the PERFECT stroller for WDW.

The aria and vela are really nice options especially for your babies age. If you don't mind an umbrella style the baby planet is a really good choice I have one on ebay right now you could look at the IRL pics of it to get an idea of what its like. If you aren't against buying used you could possibly find a good deal on BJCM I just sold mine for 125 and one was on my CL for the same price. Silver Cross has some nice ones as well the the Pop would be the easiest to find but the dazzle is nice as well. The baby jogger has the snack tray or belly bar which ever you prefer sold seperately so you would still have that option available to you and the fold is awesome.

I've had a huge variety of strollers after having 4 kids....Graco, Maclaren, Evenflo, Peg Prego, Chicco,etc. And I have FINALLY found the perfect stroller!

Joovy Kooper! I can't say enough about how wonderful this stroller is! It's similar to the City Mini but at a much better price! :thumbsup2 Huge sunshade, smooth ride, nice recline, basket, cup holder for parent and cup holder/snack holder along side the seat for the kiddo, folds up like an umbrella stroller, etc.

I bought a Maclaren Quest specifically for Disney and hated that thing....piece of junk IMO. When I was expecting #4 my dh said we had to find another stroller to travel with. So we got the Joovy and used it on his first trip when he was 10 weeks old in March. We loved it and when he was in the Beco my 5 yr. old would hop in and it was no problem pushing him as well. So this stroller will last me a long time!

I've now stopped using all my other strollers and only use the Joovy as it's just a much better stroller all around!

I LOVE my City Mini Micro (with detachable Protect a Bub deluxe sun shade/bug guard, purchased separately... LOL!). However, ITA w/the PP who said that it might be a little too small for a four-month-old considering the shoulder straps do not height adjust. DS is a teeny guy, but they are still inches above his shoulders at 15 months. They work fine for him, but I would think a 4-MO would be floating in a Micro.

I have the Inglesina Zippy and I LOVE IT! It is lightweight, great sunshade, snack tray and folds and opens with one hand - perfect! I have owned a Britax (horrible), a Bugaboo (cumbersome) and a Baby Jogger City Elite (pain in the butt to fold) - nothing compares to the Zippy. I will use it until it literally falls apart which isn't anytime soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter