** Please Read ** We have new boards for the Trip Report Board!!

Trip reports are just that. A report of Disney vacations. They can be quite lengthy and detailed. I have enjoyed reading a few of them. I wish there was a place for short & sweet ones though. I'm usually interested in crowd reports and weather for specific time periods. It's hard to read an entire report to get the gist of the crowds, etc.

Hopefully soon, we will be getting new moderator's on this board and we are really going to try and curtail the chit chatting. It has really gotten out of hand. The minute we ask for chit/chatting to simmer down, we really do get a lot of complaints. I really think the other side should speak up and sort of help the mod's out.

I'm not exactly sure how I could help. Ideas?

I was specifically hoping to read trip reports for trips taken in January. I ran a search with the word "January". However, very few trip reports have the word "January" in their title, or at least I didn't have any luck searching for them.

Maybe instead of incomplete and complete trip report boards, there could be novel trip reports and "just the facts" trip reports.

Look for NYE or marathon, those 2 events are in January.

Okay. this is my fires trip report ever so bear with me while I try and do this right...lol

I will start out by introducing myself and my fiance to you. My name is Amy and my fiance's name is Steve. We met in 2003 and fell head over heals in love with each other right away. I had just gotten out of a very long term relationship and the closeness that I found with Steve scared me a little becaues I didn't want to jump into something so soon, so I broke it off with him. We stayed in touch with each other throughout the next few years and were both eventually stuck in relationships that we were very unhappy in. One night after finally breaking it off with *&@&$^%! (I won't say such tings in the presence of Disney) that I was with I recieved an instant message from Steve. We got to talking and I soon found out that he had just recently broke up with the girl that he was with as well. After talking for a while (and knowing that he was always "the one that I let get away") I asked him "If we had the chance to give it another shot, would you?" and he responded with "in a heartbeat." I suggested that we hang out sometime soon. At this point it was about 12 midnight and he drove an hour to see me that night (or morning I guess you would say). We stayed up for hours just tallking and having a great time. We instantaniously picked up right where we left off. I found out about a week later from his mother that the reason why he imed me that night is because when his mother asked him "Is there anyone that you were with that you wish you hadn't parted ways with?" his answer was "Amy" and she told him "well...go out and get her." Two months latere we were engaged to be married. A month after that he moved in with me and this coming August we are getting married and going on my dream honeymoon in Disney.:love:

Steve has never been to Disney before. I have been there many times and am a fanatic. I have been dreaming of having my honeymoon in Disney ever since I was a little girl and I am so excited to be able to share the magic with him and see his face as he experiences it for the first time.

We are getting married in our hometown on August 8th and we will be flying out on the 9th to arrive in Disney. We will be staying for 9 days and 8 nights to arrive home on August 17th. My parents are paying for our honeymoon as part of our wedding present. I wanted to save them as much money as I possible could because I already feel like they are doing way too much (they are paying for the entire wedding as well). I decided that since we are booking the deluxe dining that I would book a value resort (All Star Movie) considering we will not be spending much time aside from sleeping in the hotel anyway. When I called to make the reservation the CM who was booking it for me informed me that Disney was offering to book us on a flex pass and upgrade us to a moderate resort (CBR) for the same price (actually a few hundred cheaper). Of course I jumped at this opportunity, especially because even though I would not mind a value resort I am used to staying in the Deluxe resorts of Villas with my family. I was also very excited that I now had the option of laying on a hammock with my honey and watching the fireworks from the beach. So now that I had the reservation all set I had the task ahead of me of figuring out where we wanted to eat. We have three counter or table service meals per day with the Deluxe dining plan. I want to get the most out of the plan, but decided that lunch and dinner at a table service would be more than enough. Having three sit down meals a day would waste too much time, not to mention I am probablyg oing to have a hard time eating two big meals let alone three. So I sat down with Steve and asked him what countries he was interestedin eatiing in and kind of left the rest up to myself...lol. Since he has never been and I know the world better I figured it would be easier for me to figure out places that I have always heard where good or places that I always wanted to try. So without much further ado....here is our itinerary including dining reservations:

Saturday August 9th: *Magic Kingdom
*Late lunch @ Tony's town square (5pm)
*Late dinner @ Whispering Canyon Cafe (9:40pm)...I
have been to the Whispering Canyon once before, but
I was very young and my hubby to be is a country boy
so I figured he would really enjoy this one.

Sunday August 10th: *Quick breakfast @CBR food court
*Epcot
*Lunch @ Biergarten in Germany @ 1pm (although I
have been here a few times, he is part German and I
I know that he would enjoy the traditional atmosphere
of this place.)
*Dinner @ San Angel Inn in Mexico @ 7pm (I have been
here once for my parents anniversary dinner when I
was very young, but who could pass up the romantic
ambiance at this place for a dinner on their honeymoon?
*We will probably be dining during Illuminations so we
may have to come back to see it another night. That
is definately something I never miss and a first timer
must see.

Monday August 11th: *Hollywood Studios (still have a hard time saying that)
* Although I don't get sick on rides I think we will grab
a small breakfast after TOT.
*Lunch @ 50's PTC @ 1pm (I don't remember
much aout this place because I went when I was 7
and this is the kind of thing that my hubby to be
would absolutely love.)
*Dinner @ Tappenyaki in Japan @7:45pm

Tuesday August 12th: *Small breakfast wherever we choose
*Check out Downtownd Disney Marketplace and DQ.
*Lunch @ Wolfgang puck @ 1pm
*Dinner @ Tutto Italia in Italy @ 7:30pm.
*PI for the night

Wednesday August 13th: *Donald's Safari Breakfast @9:20am
*Animal Kingdom
*Lunch OOP @ the Rainforest Cafe @1:15pm (this
isn't included in the dining plan and he has been
dying to eat at a RC.)
*Dinner @ California Grille @ 9:20pm (I am so
excited about this one. It is going to be so romantic
seeing wishes from the roof ...hell just seeing
wishes is going to be exciting in itself. I have also
heard nothing but amazing things about the grille.

Thursday August 14th: *Check out the Boardwalk while grabing some
breakfast.
*swim, shop, maybe check out some stuff that we
want to go back to, basically just take a day to
relax a little.
*Dinner @ Spirit of Aloha show @8pm

Friday August 15th: *Breakfast wherever
*Pick up our three day rental car and head over
to Universal Studios
*Lunch @ Nascar Sports Grille (against my will..lol)
*Dinner @ Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review @ 9:30pm

Saturday August 16th: *Breakfast wherever
*Universal IOA
*Lunch @ Mythos OOP
*Dinner @ Coral Reef @ 8:30pm
*Back to Universal to have a night out @ CW

Sunday August 17th: *Breakfast @ The Crystal Palace @ 8:05am
*Drop off the rental and spend some extra time in
MK.
*Grab some lunch somewhere. Maybe Beaches &
Cream because he really wants that kitchen sink,
but I am not so sure that I want him eating that
before we have to catch a plane if you catch what
I'm saying...lol.
*OUr flight leaves around 8 so we will have to get
the ME bus probably around 5 or so. Then it's home
we go:sad:

He doesn't understand why I made a schedule...lol. I try to explain to him that since it is his first time I want to make sure he gets to see everything (which I know is impossible, but I want to get as much in as we can). I guess he won't really understand until we get there. Well guys...Now it's time to say goodbye. I will be back in two and a half months with lots of pictures and lots to report. TTFN!!!

I have started a trip report. I started on April 2nd. I have posted the same thing more than once. I keep receiving a message that my posts need to be reviewed by the moderator before it can be posted.

What is a reasonable amount of time to have approval? Once it is approved, do I receive a message, or is it just posted?

Thanks for your help.

I notice a lot of people have a link to their PTR or TR in their signature and it shows up each time they post anything. How do I create such a link for my own PTR. I have read through all the sticky notes on all three Trip Report forums but did not find out anything.

Could someone please help me figure this out?

I notice a lot of people have a link to their PTR or TR in their signature and it shows up each time they post anything. How do I create such a link for my own PTR. I have read through all the sticky notes on all three Trip Report forums but did not find out anything.

Could someone please help me figure this out?

Copy the URL on top of your pre-trip report and put it in your signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter