PLEASE READ - Message from Disney Cruise Line!!

The over the door hanger part of this is stressing me out big time. :sad: I am unfortunately a neat freak and am sure that I have OCD tendencies. I absolutely cannot stand for anything to be out of place in my surroundings ie anything on the counters, desk, in the bathroom, on the floor... you get my drift. I have a question, would it be ok for me to hang my over the door organizer if I placed a piece of cotton cloth under each hook (there are 3)? That way I would not run the risk of any damage to my beautiful stateroom and I wouldn't spazz out about anything being on the surfaces that isn't meant to be there.

When they say no over the door organizers, I am sure they mean none, not even with cloth under the hooks. Can you find one that will hang in the closet?

This is the kind of thing they mean.

IMG_1772_zpse468e935.jpg

On the Fantasy, we attached ours to the wall hooks (we had accidentally left the over door hooks at WDW) as a make do. The zip ties were loose loops, so it was easy to remove.

Hoping this would be okay, but not sure if the Wonder has these on the wall.

On the Fantasy, we attached ours to the wall hooks (we had accidentally left the over door hooks at WDW) as a make do. The zip ties were loose loops, so it was easy to remove.

Hoping this would be okay, but not sure if the Wonder has these on the wall.

I don't recall hooks like that on the Magic, so I'm guessing the Wonder wouldn't have them either. Nice field-expedient solution though!

We never use the couch so I guess I can zip tie the shoe hanger to the railing of the top bunk. Do you think that would work?

I'm so annoyed b/c I bought a "nice" one and I agonized over whether to even get one since this is not something I'd use at home, and it's taking up way too much luggage space right now :rolleyes1

You can buy self-adhesive felt circles/strips in craft stores and home improvement stores. They can then be applied to the underside of the hook that goes over the door. I plan on trying this as I really need the organizer for a family of 4 in 1 cabin!

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can understand not wanting tape on the doors, but worrying about a little scratch on the top of a door is silly. I assume they will have some kind of acceptible replacement that they will selling in their shops at exorbitant prices.

You can buy self-adhesive felt circles/strips in craft stores and home improvement stores. They can then be applied to the underside of the hook that goes over the door. I plan on trying this as I really need the organizer for a family of 4 in 1 cabin!

I know the products you're talking about. Howeverm, they probably makes the hook too thick to allow the door to close properly.

We had 5 in our stateroom on the Magic and didn't need one. Each of the 3 adults put our toiletry bag on one of the shelves. The 4th shelf we put sunscreen etc. I bought small clear plastic containers that we put shower stuff in and put them under the sink in that bathroom. We never had things sitting out nor did we feel disorganized. I bought travel sizes before we left rather than hauling full sized toiletries.

Thank you, TDC Nala. I am totally going to look for an organizer that I can hang in the closet. I don't want to break any rules and the idea of possibly ruining anything in my stateroom is definitely a no-no.

Thank goodness that it's only my husband and myself cruising and Disney provides plenty of drawer/hidden storage space. So I know that an inside closet one should do just fine.

I've had my over the door hanging organizer for years and never go on vacation without it. But, I am totally cool with bringing an over the closet rod one instead. ::yes::

I think they are equally as worried, if not more so, about the doorjamb above the door with the hangers as they rub that.

The over the door hanger part of this is stressing me out big time. :sad: I am unfortunately a neat freak and am sure that I have OCD tendencies. I absolutely cannot stand for anything to be out of place in my surroundings ie anything on the counters, desk, in the bathroom, on the floor... you get my drift. I have a question, would it be ok for me to hang my over the door organizer if I placed a piece of cotton cloth under each hook (there are 3)? That way I would not run the risk of any damage to my beautiful stateroom and I wouldn't spazz out about anything being on the surfaces that isn't meant to be there.

No one on here can really respond to your question, but...

My gut feeling is probably not. The stateroom hosts are not going to be told "well if person X does Y then the rule doesn't apply" it's going to be a one size fits all enforcement.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can understand not wanting tape on the doors, but worrying about a little scratch on the top of a door is silly. I assume they will have some kind of acceptible replacement that they will selling in their shops at exorbitant prices.

Not so sure a little scratch on the door is silly. Especiallly over time, you could end up with a whole bunch of little scratches on the door. But hey, it's their door, their ship & their rules. :)

You could sew your own in a 'sandwich board' style with one side that hangs into the bathroom and one side outside. Just put cloth straps, long ones, on the part that will go over the door. Cloth won't scratch.

Or take two of the kind you like and attach doubled duct tape over the part that goes over the door (keep it thin) and you'll get double the storage, inside the bathroom for toothbrushes, lotions, etc, and outside the bathroom for KTTW cards, pens, things from your pockets. You just have to keep the weight the same on both sides.

Nancy

I know the products you're talking about. Howeverm, they probably makes the hook too thick to allow the door to close properly.

Also, others that walk by can't see the felt on the inside, all they will see is the hooks. So they might think "stateroom x has one, I can too" not realizing you used the felt. I think Disney will ask for ALL of them to be taken down for this reason.

On DCL we have never had to use an organizer in the bathroom because there has always been plenty of space. But on Princess we did need an organizer (note: SUPER SMALL showers). I purchased one from a dollar store that had more of a hanger on top rather than two hooks. It turned out working perfectly as we hung it from the hook on the inside of the bathroom door. I've never noticed if DCL bathroom doors have these hooks, but if they do this would be a solution!

Ours had 3 hooks at top so just used the middle one and hung from hook on wall on Magic and bathroom door handle on Fantasy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter