~~Please read~~ Announcing a BIG idea! ANOTHER UPDATE P4!

Unfortunately, June 17th leaves most of NJ out, especially if there's snow. Some people may be willing to take their kids out, but we feel school is to important, maybe next time it could be in July or August. People who would want to go, which would be us, wouldn't mind the heat. Let's face it , it's only two weeks difference if you wait for July! I hope it works and have fun.

Count us in as being interested as well. After missing so many DVC member events, this might actually be something special we can do especially since we don't have any WDW plans until Dec of 2005...YET! ;)

Thanks, Penny! Definitely interested -- it's just possible I can get away at this time.

What a fantastic idea, Penny! Our vacation is already scheduled for that time frame so count us in!::yes::

I've already got my June 2005 reservations made. Checking out of OKW on the 17th (gotta save those points!) and flying home on the 18th in order to get back to celebrate Father's day with my dad. I might be able to attend something on the 17th.

I think anything that can be done with the DVC family is terrific. Although we don't have to worry about kids in school anymore, schools in upstate NY (and probably a lot of the northeast) don't get out until the week after the dates that are planned. Just an fyi. Thanks for your planning.

We are thinking about it! It depends on price/s. Penny thanks for all the work you are doing!

Ok people - more details of the first event at Adventurer's Club event can be found here! - details of the Illuminations Dessert Party I hope to get up either later today or tomorrow. :)

Alas I am almost 100% sure we won't be there in that time frame.

But it certainly sounds like fun. :cool1:

And a lot of work for you Penny! :wizard:

great idea you have put into motion.

We have had the opportunity to do a private dessert party and it was absolutely fantastic.

Theres nothing like walking into a private seating where the view of the fireworks is amazing.

If I read correctly the guesstimate price was around $30per person, which, if that is the case, is worth every penny.

Great idea Penny. That is our anniversary weekend. Actually the 17th. I don't know if we can swing it this time as we are going to be home (WDW) in January and April, taking the repositioning cruise in May and going to San Diego and DL in September. But we will keep listening. I arranged a surprise anniversary long weekend at WDW two weeks from the date once on a whim -- so anything is possible.

Ok, I have now posted more details of the Illuminations Dessert Party which can be found here.

PLUS, the official "Registering of interest" thread is here.

Come check it out :)

The proposed dates coincide with our plans to be at WDW. Please keep me posted as your plans develop!

Cool! Did you sign up on the pre-registration theread?

Please everyone, even if you're not 100% sure that you are going yet or not, I'd really appreciate it if everyone signs up with their party numbers and the events they are interested in - the more information I have <i>before</i> finalizing these events the better...I can't begin to tell you how much easier it will be for me personally to work on getting it set up as a result!

Bumping for the weekend crowd:)

Please note that I've added links for the first of our current planned events and the very important pre-registration thread to the bottom of my original post now.

Thanks

Just giving another shameless little bump ;)

Please register if you think you may be interested in any of these special events next June!

Penny this is an awesome idea. We certainly would be interested as we will need a Disney fix by summer. Maybe starting a poll to see how many would definately attend, how many are interested, if 2005 would work compared to 2006, if the dates dont work and etc may really help you out.

Thanks again Penny for all your work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter